the begining

Unknown

 

It was a dark foggy morning and I was out for my daily jog, I could see the sun setting so I started jogging towards home when all of a sudden, everything went black and I felt an awful pain on the back of my neck.

I woke up and felt movement and guessed that I was in a car; I couldn’t see anything, I thought it was dark but I realized that I had a bag over my head. I tried to remove the bag but couldn’t, I couldn’t move my legs either, they were tied up with rope; I started to panic and started screaming “help”. I heard music start playing, so I screamed louder “HELP, oh god please help!”, after screaming over and over again I realized that the louder I screamed the louder the music would get. I banged my body against a wall and let out a moan of pain when my shoulder hits the wall “hey man turn this crap of music down and make that girl shut up, I can’t sleep”, I hear a voice of a man say as the music turns down. I hear footsteps coming closer to me and I feel cold sweat running down my back, I press back against the wall I feel behind me and I wish that it would just swallow me whole and take me away from this situation.

The bag gets pulled off of my head, at first everything is blurry but then my eyes get adjusted and I see a women kneeling in front of me, she has long black hair, brown eyes,

And milky white skin “listen” she says “we won’t do anything to you if you just cooperate with us and do everything we say, you understand?” I stare at her and fight the tears trying to come out of my eyes. “Right now we need you to keep quite so you won’t attract any attention, okay?” she says sliding her fingers through my long brown hair “very beautiful you are, what a waste it would be if you happened to disobey us and we ended up hurting you” she says as she gets up and walks past a curtain that separates the van were in.

I look around the van and notice that there are no windows whatsoever around me, the only light coming in to the back of the van is the light coming in from the sides of the curtain. I’m alone in the van, but I realize that the girl didn’t close the curtain all the way,  I can see past it a little, apart from her, there is a man driving and a man besides her, I close my eyes and let the tears run down my face.

No one talks for the rest of the way, which frustrates me because I want to know what they’re planning on doing with me. The car stops and I hear doors opening and closing, all of a sudden the doors behind me open and I fall back to the floor landing on my back, I let out a scream in pain and wish I hadn’t of had rested back against the wall, that ended up being the back doors of the van. I try to look around but the sun hurts my eyes and forces me to squint. Someone yanks my arm and forces me onto my feet, I get dragged by the arm and I stumble on my feet, my eyes get adjusted to the sun light and I realize that were in the middle of nowhere, there are trees everywhere , in the center there is a cabin which is what we’re walking towards.

I get pushed into a room and I fall onto my knees, I hear the door close behind me. I try to get back onto my feet but I fail and fall to my side, I lay there and cry I start wondering if my parents have noticed I haven’t come home yet. I start thinking about what the people are going to do to me and if they’re going to do anything to hurt me, I close my eyes and try to not panic.

After a while I hear noises outside the room I’m in “so what are we going to do with her?” It’s the same voice of the women that had talked to me in the van. “Well, first were going to see how much money we can get out for her, then once we get the money we’ll get rid of her” says the voice of a man, “Why don’t we just let her go if we get the money?” says the woman. “Don’t be stupid they could call the cops out on us, well just get rid of her and then get as far away from here as possible okay little sis?” says the man, “well I don’t want to be a part of that, agreeing to take her to get money was one thing but to actually kill her is something that I don’t want to get involved in” she says. “You either do what we say or you’ll join her in hell too” says the voice of another man. I had been resting my ear against the door of the room, so when one of the guys opened the room I fell sideways; he grabbed me by the arms and pushed me to the other side of the room “what do you think you’re doing little girl hm? Were you eaves dropping? I guess you know what we’re planning on doing with you now huh?” he presses my head back against the wall by my forehead forcing me to look up at him, he has the same brown eyes, black hair and white skin as the lady from the van, they could go for twins. “We will be calling your parents soon, you better be good and play along with us if you don’t want us…” he gets cut off “cheondung? What are you doing? Come on let’s get something to eat” says the women “Yeah coming sis” he answers to her, he glares down at me with a look that sends shivers of fright down my body. Cheondung walks out of the room brushing past his sister; she looks at me with eyes of pity before closing the door behind her.

I look around the room for the first time carefully, it’s hard to tell what anything is because it’s pitch dark. The door all of a sudden opens and Cheondung, his sister and another man walk into the room, my eyes go wide and I try not to look at them. “Okay sweetie were going to call your parents, I’m sure your excited to talk to them, so tell us the number” says the man that I hadn’t seen till now he had pale skin blonde hair and brown eyes,. He reached up and yanked the tape off of my mouth and I screamed in pain, my lips burned and I could taste blood I stared at him and didn’t say anything. “So what are you waiting for? Tell us the number, don’t make us force it out of you” he says to me sliding a knife down the side of my neck, I wish I wasn’t so afraid but I know that if I don’t tell them they will kill me or if not just hurt me so I tell them my house number “thank you” he says while dialing the number, I look past him at CHeondung and johns sister and see her apologetic look, I look away from them all, and hope that my parents don’t answer the phone. “Hello” I hear the man say “we have kidnapped your daughter, in order to get her back we want 10,000 in return, if you try anything against us like calling the cops we will instantly kill your daughter” I don’t know what goes on in the other line but the man gives me the phone. “They want to know you’re ok” he says to me putting the phone up against my ear.

“Hello? Mom?” I say sobbing

“Oh god, Bae suzy, baby! Are you okay?! I don’t know how were going to get the money but we will get you back” I can tell she’s trying not to cry and it makes me want to cry more

“Don’t…”

 I get cut off because the man takes away the phone from me and hangs up. “Come on Sandara lets go” he says taking her by the hand and leaves the room with Cheondung fallowing them. Cheondung closes the door behind him, but the door doesn’t close all the way. I rest back against the wall once the lights outside the room turn off and close my eyes, they hadn’t bothered to tape my mouth shut again so I was thankful, for at least that, the room has a moist smell, which bothers me, but I stop thinking about it when it hits me, how are my parents going to get the money? We have no money; we barely even have enough to eat. Panic rushes through my body and I bite down at my lip “I have to find a way to get out of here” I think to myself, but how?