Searching For My Sister

Unknown

I pace around the hotel room waiting for my phone to ring, hoping that at least one of the callers I’ve contacted call back. Who could my sister be with? Is she ok? Where is she? Are the questions that keep rushing through my head, but I try to keep my thoughts positive, she must of gone with a family member or if she’s not, she must be ok. In the morning I’ll put up some fliers I think to myself as I crawl under the bed covers and fall into a deep sleep.

In the morning I get up fix the bed, then head out to get some breakfast. At the restaurant I sit at a table in front of a window and drink my coffee while waiting for the waiter to bring me my food. I look out the window and see a woman with a pair of skinny jeans that are a drained color blue and a long coat that goes down to her like a short dress. “Sandara?” I whisper to myself then get up and leave, leaving a $10 bill behind on the table. Once outside I job up to the women trying to catch up with her, once a few feet away I reach out to put my hand on her shoulder “Sandara wait!” I exclaim turning her around. The woman stares at me, and I drop my hand, it’s not Sandara “I’m sorry” I say embarrassed then turn around and run up to a taxi waving my hands to get his attention.

I have the cab take me to the store and wait for me outside. I walk to the back of the store where the electronics section is and search for a cheap phone once I find one I go up to the counter and pay for it.

“Thank you for waiting” I say to the conductor.

“No problem, where would you like me to take you now?” he asks looking at me through the rear view mirror.

“Well are there any libraries nearby?”

“There is, would you like me to take you?”

“Yes please.”

The rest of the ride is silent except for the honking of cars trying to reach their destination. When we reach the library I pay the conductor then head inside, I go to the computers and try to log in with random numbers but I can’t so I go to one of the librarians.

“Excuse me miss.”

“Yes?” She answers without even bothering to look up at me.

“I was wondering, how do you log into these computer?”

“You have to open up an account to do that sir.”

“Ah I see, can I do that here?”

“Sure come with me to the counter and well get you sorted out.”

Getting the libraries card is fast and in five minutes I am at the computer logging in. While the computer takes it’s time loading I open up the cell phone and put in the battery and card. I open up Microsoft word and start working on the flyer, I add a picture of my sister that I found in my email and then add my number on the bottom asking for anyone who sees her to contact me right away. I print out 30 copies and send out the flier to my contacts as well. I go to pick up the fliers then say thank you to the librarian on my way out, she smiles and waves me out.

I walk my way back to the hotel putting up the fliers on my way as well. I’m surprised that by the time I reach the hotel building I have run out of fliers perfect count I guess I think to myself. I put the phone on the night stand next to the bed and lay down with my arms behind my head hoping that it will ring soon. Four hours have gone by and there have been no callers on my phone, but I realize that it has started to rain what if the rain washes away the fliers? What if no one even took their time to look at the flier and this is all a waste of time? Or what if Yongguk already has my sister?  My mind is crammed with these horrible thoughts as I look out the window when all of sudden my phone begins to vibrate. I jump up frightened, not having expected to get the call, I walk up to the phone and stare at it for a while before deciding to pick it up.

“Hello?” I say, my voice cracking a little

“I have her…” says the voice of a man before letting out a loud chuckle.