worried

Unknown

Parents pov

 “What are we going to do? How are we going to get her back Alan? We don’t have the money to pay for that quantity that they’re asking for”

I say crying into Alan arms, Alan wraps his arms around me, and I rest against him. “I don’t know” he says, “I’ll work extra hours though if I have to, anything to get our daughter back”.

“Maybe we should call the cops Alan” I say to Alan holding onto his shirt “She’s our only daughter”

Alan holds me close to him tightly “and exactly because she’s our only daughter we shouldn’t call the cops. Don’t you remember what they said? They will kill Suzy if we call the cops on them. Let me just try and get the money, I know we can get her back without the help of the cops”

“Ok” I say crying into his arm. “Don’t cry Delia, everything is going to be ok, I promise” Alan kisses my forehead and wipes my tears away. I nod and look up at him resting my hand over his, Alan smiles at me, the same smile he always gave, when we first started dating in high school, his skin is still smooth if it wasn’t for the little bit of white hair he has no one would be able to tell his real age.

“How about we head to bed and we figure out a way to get the money in the morning?” says Alan. I nod “ok” I say and we head to the room.

I lay in Alan arms and listen to his steady breathing as he sleeps; I can’t even believe he’s able to sleep when something so stressing like this is happening. I get out of bed slowly so that I don’t wake Alan and tiptoe out of the bedroom; I walk down the stairs and go to the kitchen where the phone is. I pick it up and hesitate while dialing the numbers; I close my eyes and listen to the phone ring.