Will You?

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Tao’s POV

 

            I held her wrist firm yet gently –she had such a flustered look all over her face. Yeah, come to think of it, she might be surprise of my sudden presence. She supposed to be the one who observed me from a distance, yet I was acknowledge her presence and worse –giving her an unexpected visit, something she didn’t anticipated. Truth was, I knew from the very first time she set her eyes on me, and when she hided out herself behind the flower pot –I saw it all. Her clumsy attitude was so easy to be recognized.

            “ Why are you here? Didn’t you suppose to buy us foods? “

            She watched me with the same captivating gaze that once stole my attention. She didn’t even flinch as if still trying to gather her sense back –I refused to withdraw my arms from her. I didn’t know why, but it felt so right to me –as if it was where my hands are belongs to.

            “ I-I’m lost, and about to ask for help, until I see you here…” Her voice stuttered and began to trail off as she dropped her sight down. I bet she was trying to hide her abashment –she was so cute when she did, though.

            I couldn’t help myself but burst out a light chuckle. She lifted her face while giving me such questioning look. I cleared my throat before I gave her my speech.

            “ Oh, yeah? Asking a flower pot to help would probably work, I guess…” I replied her sarcastically. I saw her pursued her lips while knitting her brows in the process. She gave me such a glare –she might think it would scare me, but no, in fact it kind of amused me.

            “ I didn’t ask this flower pot, I was about to ask the staff there…” She snapped back at me while withdrew her arms away. It was pretty obvious that she annoyed with me as she refused to have any contact at all.

            “ Fine then…” I gave her a mock by raising my both hands in defeat mode. I caught her smiling upon seeing my deed. I was so glad I could see the same sweet and innocent smile hang on her face –given that she barely lose her sparks when the problems began to come repeatedly.

            This was the first time of us shared a common laugh ever since the immigration office incident back then. She had been replaced her smile and laughter with such cold mask, after what had happened –well, she had her right, though. It would probably the most difficult decision she had ever made, force to marrying someone she barely known. The thought of it successfully suppressed my laughter down –she did the same too. As the composure filled upon us, she bravely stared at me intensely, this time. There were a lot of people passed by, but it was like there were only the two of us. I love seeing her beautiful feature closely while she set her eyes on me.

            “ Tao, we need to talk, now like seriously…”

            I raised my brows in confusion as she began to drag me along with her to the backside of the hospital –so much for the one who says that she had just lost. It was probably a small garden –though it was dark already I could still recognize its beauty. The place was kind of calm and quite, such a perfect place for us to have what we called personal conversation. We seated ourselves on the park bench –the moonlight illuminated her natural beauty. Though I had been with her for days, I couldn’t just get myself used to it. Her beauty was beyond the limit –angel would cry in jealousy.

            “ So? “ We both said in unison. Guess that I’m not the only one who had to deal with the sudden nervousness. I signaled her to spoke her mind first –she nodded in approval.

            “ Well, I just happened to see you, paid my gradmother’s bill… “ She paused as she refused to met my gaze. She turned her gleaming eyes to her left side –facing the bloomed white roses. I had anticipated this kind of conversation before, so I didn’t find it surprising.

            “ I told you before, I’m going to pay for her bills…” I replied nonchalantly, trying to sounded as calm as I could.

            I caught her furrowed brows indicated her inner confusion. She began to direct her attention fully on me this time round. The dim light couldn’t even hide the purity on her face –she was mesmerizing.

            “ Why? “ It might just a simple question yet it would require a complicated answer in the end. At first I told her that I helped her because of the same situation we had, but now it was much more than that. She had sacrificed a lot from her life just to help me yet I haven’t returned anything worthy to her. According to my own experience I had, her grandmother’s condition would need further treatment even after she discharge tomorrow –and it certainly take a lot of money. She would do anything for her grandmother and this might be my last chance to pay back for her kindness to me.

            “ Because you helped me… You’ve done many things to help me yet I didn’t even have a chance to repay for it, so I guess this is the only way for me…” I slowly gather my thoughts into a sentence for her to understand.

            I didn’t know if it’s just me but she seemed kind of upset when I stating my inner thought. It might remind her of the harsh reality she had to face in the near future. If guilt was a disease –then I might be half-alive by now considering how much amount of guilt I held inside.

            “ I see… “ She muttered under her breath.

            God, I didn’t mean to upset her, it was just I didn’t know what else I’m going to say. I had no intention for using her sufferings as a chance for me to return her favor. It was out of my pretension –she might take it wrong way though, based on her gloomy expression. I wished I could tell her what I really feel inside.

            “ Fine, let’s make a deal….” This time I caught her eyes bore into mines. I found my heart pumped faster than its usual rate. It was the second time I felt a weird sensation upon my whole body each time she gave me that look.

***

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            Blame me for being overly confident –but I thought he was sincere when he said he wanted to help me. The fact that he only did that to return me a favor –crushed my heart. I guess I was expected too much –gosh, Yuri he’s a stranger you barely known. I sighed as I lowered my head avoiding any stares that he might set on me. Even without me needed to face him directly, I knew he was looking at me with the same creepy gaze he had –it was kind of gaze you will found intriguing, though.

“ Fine, let’s make a deal…” I gulped a big amount of air as I almost lose my breath. The sight of him looked straight into mines break my courage. I could say his presence was really affected me –something myself couldn’t even take control.

            “ W-What? “ He knitted his brows and gave me such confused look. I composed myself as my mouth began to produce my inner thought into a proper sentence. Hesitation filled inside of me, but with a short period of time, I managed to shrug it away. I directed my attention towards him –I didn’t know his eyes would be so beautiful under the moonlight. Gosh, what are you talking about, Yuri?

            I inhaled, “ I will help you from the government and you’ll help me, pay for halmeoni’s treatment… Fair enough, right? “

            He fixed his gaze into my direction, causing me to turn my face away. He seemed understand with my weakest spot already. If it wasn’t for the fact that he grabbed my wrist, I would not face him anytime sooner due to the sudden nervousness inside.

            “ Are you serious? I mean, you agree with the whole marriage thingy? “ He asked me with a firmness on his tone. I tried to suppress my nervousness by biting my lower lips –I bet he saw the change of my face into crimson red already.

            “ Y-Yes, guess like we’re need each other and we don’t have any other choice…”

            “ But, your family? How’d you tell them? “ He asked with such concern –or perhaps it was just his way for showing me that he was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter