Brand New World

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            Sometimes, life could be so unpredictable –according to my own experience. Yesterday I prayed to God, to give extra money for supporting halmeoni’s health treatment. But today, instead of get what I wished, I met a stranger in most terrible way. The worse part was when I willingly help him, though I just met him less than 24 hours. Yes, you might say I’m a fool –I don’t give a damn, though. I just did what I feel is right, nonetheless I’m a bit scared actually of what reaction will I get after my family found that I bring a stranger into our house. There’s just only two possibilities, first, they will gladly accepting his presence, or the second one, they will scold me all night long talking about how danger it is to bring a stranger and all –well, I’d rather have Halmeoni scolded me instead of my little sister, she could be slightly too much for someone’s comfort.

            Talking about this stranger, he seemed a bit quiet. The last thing I heard from him was when he said thanks a moment ago, and now there was only silence. To be honest, I’m not got used to this silent treatment. I usually the chatter and it was kinda bother me. I was scare if he could hear my heartbeat clearly by the silence –it was out of my control, though.

            I lifted my head when I saw the familiar house on the neighborhood. Night was already flashing its beauty –full moon, something I always love. He was still standing tall beside me, his eyes wandering around the simply old looks house. I heaved a sigh, the moment I pushed the gate –he followed me after. I bit my lips, indicating my hesitance but a moment after, I managed to shrug it off and just let what suppose to happen. I knocked the door –for the first time in my life, I have never feel so much tension when knocking my own door.

            “ Unnie, you home! “ The door flung open, revealing Seohyun with her apron. Her smiled faded the moment she recognize that I wasn’t alone. She turned to look the figure beside me, with a slight glance –I knew, this isn’t going to be easy.

            “ Yeahs… here I am…” I bet my motion went rigid all of sudden. I tried to crack a smile –yet it failed.

            “ Who is this guy? “ Seohyun blurted out. I immediately turned my sight into his direction and gave such reassuring smile. He looked like he had anticipated this reaction before, as he smiled at me in return.

            “ Excuse us for a bit… Um, you can sit here while I have a talk with my sister…” I guided him to sit on the bench of the front porch. He nodded and did what I said –much to my relief.

            Without a second warning, I grabbed Seohyun’s hand to the place where he couldn’t even hear our conversation. She glared at me, hands placed at her hips –sometimes she could be that terrifying.

            “ Who’s that guy, Unnie? “ She asked me straightforwardly. I had no intention to lie, but it seemed like it was the only option left for me. I gulped my saliva down to my throat –you have to look convincing, Yuri.

            “ He’s my friend…” There I said it in such calm tone –well, pretending isn’t my cup of tea, but I have no other choice. She knitted her brows, slightly look hesitant.

            “ Since when you have a guy friend, beside Luhan oppa and Joonmyun oppa? “ She kept her questioning look upon asking me another question. Okay, think harder, Yuri, you can’t lose –at least not now.

            “ Well, he is my friend from Seoul, I actually met him a year ago. Did you remember when I went to Seoul along with Yoona and Taeyeon unnie? I happened to met him, he helped us a lot back then… He let us stay on his place for a day, he- “

            “ You stay on a guy place? Gosh! Wait till halmeoni heard about this..” She cut off my words without even let me finished it first. I sent her a death glare –she needs to learn a bit for not cutting someone’s sentence. She rubbed her head resentfully.

            “ Yah! That’s not the point… The point is, he will be staying here for a week, he just happened to lost his house and he had nowhere to stay… “

            I saw my sister’s facial expression changed. She raised her left brows while giving me such an irritating look. I felt intimidated by my own sister.

            “ Unnie… Do you forget that we aren’t the one who live in this house? There’s halmeoni, what if she found out about him and then she had a heart attack by seeing her granddaughter brought home a stranger? “

            “ Yah! Can you down your tone? Halmeoni might hear our conversation if you keep that tone… “ I covered with my palms. She struggled for breath when I released it soon after.

            “ Sooner or later, she will know, unnie… Gosh! Why don’t you drag him into Taeyeon’s unnie’s house? Or Yoona unnie? “ She rebutted. Looks like I need to strive harder than I thought. I inhaled amount of air into my lungs, trying to compose myself before shooting another untruth.

            “ Taeyeon unnie is married and she refused to have another guy inside her house. Yoona is still living with her aunt and uncle plus her two cousins, she just couldn’t. And it was only me who capable to bring him in… Seohyunnie, aren’t you pity him, he just lost his house by the fire ? “ I went straight into her eyes –pleading. After all these years, I have known her soft spot already. I watched her eyes back to her normal state, and her expression went softer than a few minutes ago.

            “ B-But… What about halmeoni? We still need her approval to let him stay…”

            I thought for a few seconds. It wasn’t an easy decision yet I still have to make one in such a short period of time. We exchanged meaningful glances, before it settling inside our mind. We might not talk, but our thoughts click.

 

 

Tao’s POV

 

            “ Hey, you can go inside, it’s kinda cold out here…” Her voice snapped my thought. Right, sensing their previous expression I expected such a rejection, but I guess I was wrong. Her deep brown eyes met mines –it was like a spell I just followed her instruction. I walked inside along with her.

            The house I could say was more likely like an old house you will find in movies. But it was really big one –there’s a garden on the front side. I roamed my eyes, learning every single thing about this house. The first place I stepped in was living room as I saw many photographs were hanging on the wall. I curved a smile when I recognize one picture that contains the figure I have familiarized.

            I was just wandering with my own thoughts, when suddenly she turned her head facing me. She placed her index finger across her lips, as if she wanted me to be noiseless –I did. She guided me into the most desolate place in her house. That was when I heard her voice back to its normal tone.

            “ Here’s your room… if you needed anything just call me, I’m on the kitchen… And um, please… don’t misunderstand me, I didn’t mean to smuggle your presence here, it’s just… I need a time before I telling my grandmother… You okay with that? “ She talked with such a fast pace. I didn’t understand most of her words, yet I nodded nevertheless.

            She smiled –much to my delight.

            I g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter