Growl

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            The sound of TV commercials filled in the empty air. The calendar was marked July 17th indicating my fifth day being in this place, so called apartment. I sighed before reassured myself to take a peek on that round clock across the wall. It read 7.45 pm already, yet his presence was still nowhere to be seen. He supposed to be here about half an hour ago, but up till now, I couldn’t find his figure anywhere. He didn’t even say a single word before he left today, not that I’m expecting though. I slumped back to the couch, while closing my tired eyes in the process. I stayed on that position for a minute or so, until I heard someone banged on the front door, took away my once tranquility.

 

            “ Who’s there? “ I walked toward the dark wooden door. I knew, I may sound stupid, but I just did his order to take a good care of myself while he absent. Screw that news on local newspaper this day, about a young woman found dead inside her apartment. It made me even concern about my inner safety awareness, especially since I live miles away from my hometown just now, thanks to him.

 

            “ It’s me…”  Said the other, through the thick sturdy door.

 

            I knitted my forehead, trying to remember where on earth I’ve heard this voice before. It was as though, the man could read my mind, when he spilled his identity with another voice.

 

            “ It’s me Hoya! “ He added. I peeked on the small hole on the doorlock, and found his statement was right.

 

            I broke into a wide grin and in a split second, the door open, revealing a familiar man, who looked like, he had just survived from the world war. His usual bright smile was gone, and is it just me, or did I see remaining tears on his left eyes?

 

***

 

 

 

            “ Here…” I placed a glass of water on the dining table. My vision fixed on a manly figure before me. He looked like a mess, and it kind of pained me to see him became one. Even though, we haven’t met for such long period of time, I could still feel the bond between us, not as a childhood lover, but in a brother-sister relationship.

 

            “ Thanks..” He muttered under his breath before reluctantly lifted his depressed face facing me. He cracked a bitter smile, as though, tried to comfort me by showing me his tough side. Little did he knew, I could never goes wrong from reading people.

 

            “ So, what happen? “ I asked him after a moment of silence.

 

            I could hear his breathing sound getting louder as if he took a huge amount of air to his lungs, trying to compose himself better. I watched as he looked uneasy at first, but managed to display his usual smile, upon his weary face eventually.

 

           “ Gyuri… She…. She broke up with me…..”

 

           It took me for a while before my brain began to digest his words. I was a quick at react type of person, and this one wasn’t an exceptional.

 

          “ What? Your fiancé? What happen? Did you two have a fight? “ I began to bombard him with my curiosity, and it was as though, I couldn’t even wait for a moment, for him to handle my question.

 

          He lowered his gaze down avoiding any stares I could give him.

 

          “S-She’s cheating behind me…, and we’re fighting, real bad, and then…. It’s over “ He said weakly. For once in my lifetime, I’ve never saw him losing his cool, as if he doesn’t even care about his manly image. He grasped his palms while trying so hard not to spill another pain he had. His eyes were glistening, as it contains sadness, disappointment, and anger.

 

           I straightened my position still scanning the figure, filtering the shocking information, through my brain. It’s impossible, I mean, he’s a good guy, and cheating behind his back, is like the stupidest decision, one ever made. That Gyuri girl, should be sorry for him, I mean she broke his heart, and I swear I never see him being this miserable before.

 

          “ I’m sorry, Yuri, I should not be here by now… I just need a companion, and I couldn’t even think of anybody else, except you. I’m really sorry….”

 

          I braced myself to come towards him, and leaned myself closer to give him a apologize embrace. He refused at first but end up giving up, for once I feel like doing the right thing. When your friend really needs a shoulder to lean on, it’s the best way to console, right?

 

***

 

 

 

Tao’s POV

 

             “ Kris hyung? “ I let those words slipped from my lips the moment I saw a very tall Chinese man with such a perfect feature walking towards me. I couldn’t even move an inch from my spot, as though, being carried away with the whole situation. He’s Wu Yi Fan, or preferably called Kris, my brother I’ve been telling you. His mysterious and dark aura was never once changed, and it making me missed him even more.

 

            “ Hyung! “ I pulled him into a manly hug with smiling from ear to ear. I couldn’t believe I finally able to meet him again after all. He looked pretty stunning with a white blazer, combined with dark washed jeans, not to mention his once black hair which was now blonde.

 

            “ How have you been? “ He asked me casually, forgetting the fact that we had just met awhile ago.

 

           A smile crept upon my lips, “ I’m still alive and kicking, how about you? Have you found yourself a woman yet? “

 

           He rolled his eyes reluctantly. “ You know, I don’t need one…” He answered, broke into his common laugh. I laughed along with him too due to the excitement after see him again. I mean, we are very close back then when we were in China, but after he had sent to Canada, and that bastard banned me to contact him, we were somewhat drifted apart, not that I wanted it though.

 

          “ You’re not a gay, right ? “ I decided to play a joke causing him to hit my rib immediately.

 

          “ Last time I checked, I’m still into a woman… Just not the right one… “

 

          I raised my hands, in a mock defeat. “ Fine, Duizzang, I knows you’re not into those y type, but hey, you should at least try, who knows you’ll find a diamond in a mud…”

 

         He gave me a death glare.

 

         “ Fine then, I’ll stop…”

 

 

***

 

 

             “ So, Chen Hyung said, you were looking for me couple weeks ago. What is it? “ I turned my attention towards the man who was once busy sipping his frappe. Upon hearing my question, he dropped his cup down the table. Well, the sudden meeting, lead us to hang out on our favorite coffee shop. I’m not a fan though, but this man in front of me, is indeed a big fan.

 

            Silence began to fill in over us.

 

            “ I’m not very good at hiding something, so here’s the thing… Your father I mean our father or whatsoever you want to call him is looking for you. I don’t know what’s his intention, but I know for certain that it’s something serious…”

 

           For a brief moment, I felt like my senses became paralyzed, to the point that I couldn’t even move an inch of my muscle.

 

          “ W-What? “ Aft

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter