In The Dark

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

            “ Halmeoni, you’re just joking, right? “ Yuri snorted impatiently. Her chest went ups and downs displaying her mixed emotion inside. She couldn’t just accept the ridiculous idea her grandma had threw directly on her. She found it a bit unreasonable and she will stand for herself against whatever she thought she didn’t deserve to. Afterall, only her known what was the hidden reason of her so-called-self defense.

            “ Yuri-ah… He’s your husband. What’s the big deal of you two share a room starting from tonight? “ Despite being softened up upon seeing her granddaughter’s exaggerating reaction, she just gave her a straight to the point answer. Yuri couldn’t hide her disappointment by pursued her lips, as she kept her eyes staring at the three opponents who sat before her. They didn’t seem to flinch after the pleaded face she tried to pull out for the past ten minutes. The atmosphere was kind of tense, comparing to the times when they played around the house a moment ago. 

            “ Unnie... You’re just being unreasonable… “ The younger woman giggled, not helping at all, as Yuri glared at her in return. Seohyun suppressed her laughter down after sensing her sister’s displeasure looks came out to the surface.

            “ Yah! So, you’re saying that I’m being unreasonable here? Oh, gosh! What happen with you two? “ Yuri shook her head in denial, as she rub her temple with such desperation written all over her face. After what had happened between them two, it wasn’t that hard to expect this kind of reaction of her. She couldn’t just being all easy and let him share a room with her, while she had an issue of him being too close. The last time she tried to loosen up, he ended up kissing her without her approval.

            A sound of chuckle escaped from the oldest women on the room as she found her granddaughter’s reaction was a bit weird for a newly marriage couple she known.

            “ Yuri-ah… I’m no kidding here, and beside he has a right to, you know, couple’s do after the wedding…” Her grandma exclaimed nonchalantly, not giving any attention to her sulking and displeasure face.

            “ WHAT? “ She lost her self, as she raised the tone of her voice in the end.

            Yuri blinked her eyes rapidly, couldn’t even believe what her sense had brought into her brain. She got up immediately as she gave the three other men, a death glare. It was before she stepped herself out, and rushed into her room, leaving the flustered looks plastered on each of them. The loud bang came from the slamming door, and it supposed to be hard, considering that it could be heard from such a distant. She rarely showed her tantrum especially to the family members she loves the most, but this was too much for her to handle. She couldn’t just easily accept the idea of him being in one room with her. The thought of it was enough to make her face turning pale unintentionally. What if he tries to take advantage of her? She couldn’t just guarantee herself for something that might still uncertain.

***

 

Tao’s POV

 

            “ Unnie, wait, open the door, please…” I heard Seohyun knocked her door after she rushed herself to follow her sister behind. Too bad she didn’t fast enough to catch her, as she ended up being left alone behind the wooden door that leads into her sister’s room. From such distant, I couldn’t catch most of her pleading words, but I knew she would end up lose due to her persistent mind.

            After a few minutes had passed, I caught her presence came from the hallway. She had such disappointment looks all over her innocent face, revealing her failed mission to approach her upset sister. She took a seat next to her grandma, and giving her a shook on her head. They do look similar, if it wasn’t the fact that I fancy her sister more, due to her lively and attractive nature. They had such a good gene of being beautiful, something they might inherit from their grandmother.

            “ Unnie refused to talk… “

            She directed her concern looks upon me. I felt slightly uneasy, as the fact kind of hit me hard. Despite me weighing them down, they kept treat me nicely –too much I could politely say. Grandma went closer into my direction, as she gave me a light squeeze on my hand.

            “ Did you guys involve with a tiff before us coming? She never the type to easily mope…”

            I was taken aback with her sudden remark. They must have had misunderstood us for being in a fight as they caught our childish cushion war before. I shook my head timidly, learning her changed of facial expression.

            “ Don’t worry, she wont be mad for too long… “ She gave me her reassuring smile. I couldn’t help but returned her kindness with a polite smile. Somehow, I wished they treat me bad so that I didn’t have to dwell with such regret. If I could portray myself at this kind of state, then I’d be a villain in most of heroic movies and them being the innocent people I hurt unintentionally due to my selfishness.

            I hung my head low, facing the ground. I had no idea that people with kind and pure heart were still exists, despite the world getting crazier as the time goes by. My attention began to snapped away, after I head such shocking statement broke the silence.

            “ Seohyun-ah, if I’m not mistaken, you do have Yuri’s spare key, don’t you? “

            I couldn’t help myself when I lifted my head and directing my gaze into the one who spoke up.

            “ Halmeoni… That’s rude. Unnie will be mad at me! “ She rebutted immediately upon realizing where the conversation will turn out. I knitted my brows in confusion exchanged a flustered glances with the two women who gave me nothing in return but numerous sighing.

            “ Oh, come on, it doesn’t like we broke the law by sneaking into her room…”

            “ Halmeoni… Unnie will be going crazy if she know th-“

            ‘uhuk’

            Seohyun stopped her inner urge to keep talking when she caught her grandma began to escaping a cough. Being as caring as she was, she went straight to approach her grandma, and giving her a light massage on her shoulder and neck. I did the same thing too, as I landed myself on the seat beside her and gave her an assuring smile, while holding her palms gently.

            “ Please, Seohyun-ah…” She coughed down.

            I saw Seohyun lost on her deep thought for a brief moment, before she finally gave up at last. She had suppressed her persistent side for the sake of her grandma. She heaved a sigh, before nodded her head in approval halfheartedly.

            “ Fine. But, if she asks me tomorrow, I will pretend that I do know nothing…”

            A gratify smile plastered on grandma’s lips upon realizing that her plan had work well according to her expectation. I widened my eyes, as I caught her winked at me with such meaningful message. Could it be that she doing that for the sake of me?

***

 

            I flipped down the golden key with my right hand as my mind flying around out of my control. I stared blankly at the ground, as the sound of ticking clock filled in the emptiness. I used to spend most of the time, sinking myself with the help of solitude. It helped to bounce me back from the harsh reality after the problems that me in with its misery. I took a short glance at the clock as it read 11 pm already. The reason of why I found this house to became quiet and calm, despite the loud sounds that usually came from the occupant, especially the women I had to deal with just now.

            I sunk on my deep thought, as I didn’t even aware of the sudden presence came towards my direction. I began to sense someone was walking closer into me when I felt a sound of someone’s footstep stopped just a few meters away from where I sat.

            I bravely lifted my gaze, only to found her slender figure standing before me. She watched me in silence, as I felt my cheeks burning.

            “ What are you doing here? Didn’t you suppose t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter