First Meeting

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Tao’s POV

 

            I woke up with such a slight of headache –well, as far as I remember I’m not even touch a bit of alcoholic beverage last night. I slowly stirred my body due to the sudden radiation from the sunlight –it went through my eyes irritatingly. It took me some times for adapting with the sudden brightness. I stretched my arms, while trying to get familiarized with the surrounding. Where the hell am I?

            “ You’re awake? “

            I narrowed my eyes to the figure who sat beside me. Right, it started to dawn on me. He kept busying himself with his wheels, not even notice about the puzzled looks plastered on my face.

            “ Where am I? –I mean us? “ I tried to sound as calm as possible. I should have been very far from the city, based on the distance and time I had passed.

            “ Ha! Where do you think? “ He gave me a fast glance before turning himself back to his work.

            I looked out and found a lot people passed by –much like a market or something similar. The truck I’m in had stopped, and now we’re parked outside the market. Looks like I had to continue my way alone.

            “ Um- Thanks for the ride, sir… But, is this Jecheon already? “

            Sensing the seriousness on my tone, he then replied. “ Well, yeah we’re just arrived. By the way, you look like a foreigner –well, though we had some similarities I could guess you’re not Korean. Where do you want to go? “

            I couldn’t even be any happier to find such a good guy –It was rarely at this day and age to found one. Though, I haven’t understood much of his words, I could positively sure about him asking me where to go.

            “ Well, I don’t know, I could visit my aunt, she lives not far from here…” LIED –Truth was, I didn’t even know where to go, but this man was being so good to me –I didn’t want to become a burdensome for him, by stating that I didn’t even have any destination to go.

            “ Alright then, good luck! Send my regards to your aunt, anyway, I’m Park Shinjae, if she lives around here, she must have known me. Well I’m quite popular here…” He rolled his eyes playfully and laughed. I smiled in return, while gaining my energy back before stepping out.

            “ I’m Tao, nice to meet you, sir, and once again, thanks for the ride…” I managed to say those words in Korean. Well, truthfully I’m not even confident at speaking Korean language –I’m not even a good language learner to begin with.

            I waved a goodbye at him, while I watched his truck went into the bigger space inside the market. Hopefully we met again next time, and I’ll pay back for his kindness, my thought spoke up. I inhaled some air before turning my back –all I can see was a bunch of people, walking with such a pace. They tend to ignore someone like me –I’m one hundred percent sure there was a tag with such a word ‘lost’ written on my forehead.

            Well, I haven’t heard about this small town before –like seriously who wouldn’t tend to ignore this place? I had a bad impression already for only once glance. I heard them talking with such a rhythm and weird dialect –I didn’t even bother to know, it was mostly just another pointless conversation. I peeked into my pocket and thank God, I didn’t leave my purse. Well, one thing for sure, I need to get rid this annoying sound inside my tummy. They kept bugging me off since last night –fine, man, I’ll feed you now.

***

 

Author’s POV

 

            It was just another busy day for most people around the world –well at least for one girl. The sun kissed skin girl who had just left her house with a bike, rush herself after being late for work –blame it on her addiction for sleep, then. She wore a white sweater, jeans, and a pair of sneakers, a perfect combination for living a simple life.

            She was unsure when she had to pass the market –but then it was the fastest way to get into her workplace. She bit her lips and looks hesitant at first after seeing the crowds, but she had to do it.

            “ Excuse, me… sorry, excuse me…” She let out a loud voice, in order to let people acknowledge her presence –not to mention her old bicycle.

            The market was the only place for the people to get their daily needs. There wasn’t any other place for buying stuffs, like supermarket, or shopping center like when you found in mostly big city. It was after all, a small town, as not much people intended to stay here unless for those who were born and raised here.

            She stopped for awhile and wiped her sweaty forehead. This would be a long journey, she thought for herself. After a minute or so, she finally managed to step out from the crowds –she sighed in contented.

            “ Oh, right, Luhan supposed to be there ten minutes ago… Gah! Stupid, Yuri, why did you overslept yourself, when your boss are going to visit you today?! “ She was apparently mad with herself, as she hit her innocent forehead lightly.

            The early twenty years old woman began to continue her way. She paddled her bicycle with such a fast movement. She was about to turn left when she saw a man walking right a meter away from her.

            “ MOVE!!! “ She shouted. The man turned his head with a puzzled look, and with a blink of an eyes, he got his eyes widened in horror.

***

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            “ Take care, unnie! “ I nodded and gave her reassuring smile –That sister of mine surely mature for a girl around her age. She was caring and loving and could take care of herself –much to my relief.

            I started to pedaling my bicycle –the fresh morning air welcoming my presence as I gotten myself into the usual crowds I have to deal with. I was late, like literally late –blame it on my addiction to sleep then. My sister had been trying to woken me up yet it didn’t affect much. I needed to get into my workplace in five minutes ago, and here I am still wrestling with my own personal problem.

            I heaved a sigh, before trying to pass the crowds. This was the only shortcut, well, to prevent myself for getting a scold from my boss –though I know he wouldn’t going to be that mad. He was treated me like his own friend, but yeah, I couldn’t be use that as an excuse right? I swore to myself back then, that I would probably work professionally. But guess that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter