Introduction

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yuri’s POV

 

            I’m not one to believe such a fairytale stories – I didn’t find them rational as they just gave us such a fake illusion, in terms of happiness. Like who would believe with the famous line ‘happily ever after’ ending? It was never exist –at least for me. Well, if it does exist, then my parent would be here by now, watching us grow up. But then, it didn’t –much to my presumption then.

            I was born twenty three years ago in the middle of winter, though I hated winter so much –it was the time when my parent leaving us due to car accident. I know I didn’t suppose to hate, but I couldn’t help it. It just reminded me of how much pain they got before they finally closed their eyes forever. I remembered myself crying my heart out in front of their gravestone for days. If it wasn’t for my younger sister, I would never be out from the mourning. She was my one and only strength I had, and that’s why I love her so much –a bit too much for her comfort, though.

            Well, people say your name represented yourself, but I guess it didn’t apply to me. To cut it short my name was actually means lily –a white flower. While actually, I’m far from white –I had a tanned skin and it was my natural skin color. Guessed that I inherit my father’s gene instead of my mother, since she had such a flawless white milky skin like my sister had. I used to sulking when people started to compared us –but then my father would embrace me and saying stuff like I’m still looks beautiful despite being a little bit dark. How I miss my dad! He must been doing well on heaven with God up there.

            I looked into my reflection through the mirror –a black dress that suits me well. A smile plastered on my face, as the satisfaction filled inside of me. Today was the tenth anniversary of the death of my parent and as usual I’m going to pay a visit along with my sister. She was already done and waiting for me on the doorstep.

            “ You done, unnie? “ Her voice snapped my sense back to reality.

            I straightened my appearance for the last time, before decided to come into her way. She was wearing the same color as mine and she looked perfectly gorgeous. I caught her smiling toward me.

            “ I’m done… Let’s go! “

            She linked her arms on me, as we headed into the front door. There we saw a familiar figure sitting on the wooden bench inside the front yard. A smile spread on our faces as soon as we recognize the figure by a distance.

 

 

            “ Halmeoni! “ Seohyun spoke up and began to approach the woman on her late seventies. Despite being old, she was remained beautiful as always. I came behind Seohyun as she caught my presence as well.

            “ Send my regards to your parent. Tell them to save me a place, I’ll come afterward…” I saw her crescent shaped eyes wrinkled, while she rested her hands on Seohyun’s.

            I furrowed my brows.

            “ Halmeoni… You can’t say thing like that! “ I pursued my lips in disappointment. I saw Seohyun did the same too. She saw us with her warm yet calming eyes, as her lips curved. Her long lashes flickered and I could see a crinkle on her eyes.

            “ Arasso, arasso… Now, let’s go, don’t let your parent wait! “ She was always been like that –saying stuff without even thinking the effect. She knows Seohyun and I couldn’t bear to see her leave us –she was the only family we had. I love her so much I could die of brokenhearted if she really does.

            “ We’ll going first, Halmeoni! Take care! “ We both shouted in unison.

            Her hands waved in such a pace, as our presence slowly gone from her sight.

***

 

 

            “ Hey! “ I greeted a skinny girl around my age –She wore the same outfit as mine. She gave me her warm smile as soon as she caught my presence behind her.

            “ Hey, Yul… You’re done visiting your parent? “

            I hang my coat to the hanger before replying her question. Her doe eyes went straight into mine. She was really pretty up close –given that there was so many suitor wait for her. When I asked her about the subject, she never took it seriously, saying that she was waiting for her prince charming who was nowhere to be found –It was supposed to be her prankster side who responsible with such a reluctant answer.

            “ Yeahs… I send your regards to them! “ I winked my eyes onto her. She nodded her head before grab the cloth on the cabinet and began to cleaning the tables –I didn’t wait for too long before joining her.

            The girl I spoke to was originally named Im Yoona, but I’m more likely to call her by her pet name, Yoong. She used to be my childhood friend, but then she moved out due to her parent business. She just came back here for visiting her family, but then ended up staying here. I liked to share many things to her, since she was such a good listener. We also love to do some ridiculous things when works and it usually lead us to face with my boss’s anger –Lu Han. Well, yeah, you can guess by his name, he wasn’t a Korean. In fact he was a Chinese blonde guy who works and owned some restaurant in here, Korea –so unfair.

            Talking about my boss, he wasn’t the typical boss you’ve met out there. He was actually warm, kind, and very friendly. His face made him looks younger than his actual ages, and is it just me or did he carrying a torch for Yoona? Cause sometimes, I caught him staring at her from apart. Well, who wouldn’t fancy my colleague then? She was beautiful and kind –a perfect combination.

            “ Luhan said, he will visit us tomorrow…” I heard she uttered a sentence. I turned my head to get more attention into this conversation.

            “ I didn’t remember he say something like that…” I frowned, while trying to recall the information. Well, as far as I remember he didn’t say anything unless for being discipline and approachable.

            “ Um.. Well… H-He called me this morning, saying that he will give us a visit…” Her face turned into crimson read, as she muttered another one.

            I raised my brows. I smelled something’s fishy here –blame it to my sense then.

            “ Uh, so? You guys dating? “ I swore, she was taken aback by my question. Her eyes widened in surprise –I didn’t mean that way, though.

            “ What are you talking about? I’m not dating him…” She tried to sounds as calm as possible –though it ended up failed. I burst into peals of laughter when I saw her changing expression. Gosh! You made it even obvious, then.

            “ Then, tell me how did he suppose to call you, if there’s nothing happen between you two? Gosh, Yoong, I’m not a five ye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter