Reality

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

            Yuri dropped her jaws down upon hearing what the man or should she called department head, had threw accros her face. Well, who wouldn’t? The fact of her had to marry a stranger was enough to make her head screwed. It was like the doomsday had come closer to her –hell, it’s even worse than she could imagine. For a minute or so, she had her eyes blinked rapidly still trying to deny all those shocking statements inside her mind. No, it can’t be right? There must be another way, she thought to herself.

            “ You’re just joking right? “ A stubborn part of her brain refused to believe the piece of crap she just heard. She stared at the man with such pleaded eyes, as if trying to make him agreeing her thoughts for once. The guy smiled –a kind of smile she had anticipated before.

            “ Luckily, I’m not… I’m not good at telling joke or something…” He paused. “ So, I’m going to sent you my officer to ensure that your marriage isn’t fake… Um, you say you’re going to hold your wedding this end of month, right? It supposed to be this week… The faster the better~ “

            If you trying to say that the doomsday is just a joke of Mayans, then for Yuri it is indeed true. She could pictured her life will going to face its ending sooner, the moment she had to give over her life to someone she just met. She gulped her saliva down, eyes staring blankly before the she had her vision went blurry and the darkness loomed over her.

            “ Yuriiii! “ Tao shrieked the moment he saw her losing consciousness. He rushed to hold her helpless body, preventing herself to fall down. She fainted –much to his estimation.

            “ Oh my God… It supposed to be her pregnancy! My wife had her weakest state when she was pregnant too. Don’t worry, Mr. Huang, she’ll be okay…” The man spoke up as he threw a death glare towards him. Pregnant? She was just joking the moment she said those stupid excuse. Truth was she was just shock to the point of losing her consciousness. He shook her arms gently, looked as worry as hell, trying to wake her up.

            Without any hesitation, he carried her bridal style, exited themselves to the next room they had been before. He could clearly hear the man still trying to calm himself while stating more fact about pregnancy. ! That man should just shut his mouth for his own good.

            Tao placed her body to the couch carefully, as if not wanting her body to hit anything that might hurt her. She was still close her eyes peacefully, if people saw her just now, they might think about her napping not fainted like what had really happened.

            “ Yuri… Yuri… wake up…” He caressed her hair while trying to wake her up by shaking her shoulder lightly. He had never once thinking that he would be going this crazy upon seeing a woman fainted –afterall, she was just a stranger.

***

 

Tao’s POV

 

            I knew it would end up miserably, I just knew it –my biggest fear was really hit me hard this time. She was fainted when the old man told her every single piece of crap about our delusional marriage. She had sacrifices a lot for her comfort already and it was mostly because of me –the guy she barely known. Jesus, why should I do just now? I couldn’t bear seeing her at this state of condition –she deserved so much better than this.

            “ Yuri… Yuri… wake up…” I shook her shoulder lightly. She was indeed beautiful, despite all the problems she had carried. I couldn’t help myself but seeing her angelic face as my hands moving voluntary to caress her glowing hair.

            I was surely messed up –sensing that there was no movement from her, made my guilt grew even worse. The thought of me stole her happiness tortured me a lot. She was just an innocent creature and I’m being a villain of her future. She won’t have to experience things like this if only I didn’t meet her on the first place.

            My eyes widened in contentment, when I saw her eyes flutter for a moment, before it began to fully open. She looked like gather her thoughts as she had her consciousness back. She looked at me with such a worry look. I had no idea when I bravely, pulled her body into my tight embrace –I was glad she was okay.

            “ Thanks, Yuri… You’re okay? “ I beamed. She didn’t seem to mind when I pulled her small figure to my arms. Bewilderment was the only expression she had on her face just now. I went straight to her eyes –it was gleaming and captivating.

            “ What happen? “ She asked.

            I was about to explain everything, when my attention drew into her. She messed her hair harshly before murmuring few words. I was taken aback, until she had her eyes set on me –Such an unreadable look.

            “ Please, don’t tell me that it’s true…. Oh, NO! It’s indeed true… Omo, what should we do now? “ She messed her hair while bit her lips impatiently. I was trying to comfort her, though I had no idea of what should I say to calm herself down, based on her reaction.

            She stared at me with a pleaded look, as if asking me to tell that everything she heard was all lies. If only I could, I will do –but then, it won’t happen because she had heard it right.

            “ Tao, I’m scared…” She uttered a few words that causing me to lose my mind.

            Well, I had never once thought that my name could be so wonderful, but today someone’s just proved it wrong. The fact that she called my name was like a heaven’s choir on my ears –It just sounded right to me. It was like she was meant to mention it for me everyday –I couldn’t help but admiring her figure even more.

            “ Tao? “

            She snapped me back to reality. I tried to gather my thoughts before I started to act frantically –I didn’t want to look fool in front of her. Her round and dazzling gaze torn my soul, made my cheeks turn into crimson red.

            “ Y-Yes…” Damn those stares! Why does she make me stuttered like this?

            “ What are we going to do now? “ She diverted her gaze down her lap. Her hands moved whimsical –so much for amusing me. She was really trying hard to compose herself yet it failed miserably.

            “ Listen… You can tell him that it’s just a mindless thinking of yours and then you can go…”

            I didn’t know about my intention to say those words –one thing I wanted to do was helping her out of the lion’s den. She was just trying to help me and if she started to regret it then I supposed to let her go, right? –at least she tried.

            “ What about you? “ Despite thought about saving herself, she still reconsidering the other. She was really kind as if she have no heart to kill even the smallest ant. Her heart must been made from a silk –pure and worthy.

            “ I can’t let them send you away… “ She paused. I was staring at her beauty learning each motion that came out from her. The moment she tilted her head facing me –my heart had just skipped a beat. It took me a minute before I caught my sense back.

            “ If it’s the only way, then we have no other option’s right? “

            “ What are you going to do? “ I asked her curiously the moment she stood up, leaving me and my confusion

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter