Bad Decision

The Marriage Contract
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 Tao’s POV

 

            Every single person in this world would want the best for themselves –it doesn’t mean selfish, it’s called human nature. So did I –I also wanted everything running smoothly according to my own expectation. But sometimes, reality bites, what do you expect doesn’t match with what you received. I was on my way to understand it though, even trying to get myself deal with it. We couldn’t just change the situation based on what we wanted but somehow we just have to enjoy it even though it might be less pleasurable.

            This whole new experience just gave me a loud knock on my head. I didn’t know why God loves me that much. To think about it I’m not a good guy to begin with –in fact I’m such a troublesome guy. As a kid I used to make my mother cry for my mischievous behavior, when I was a teenager I didn’t do any better. I remember I got myself punished for making some of my classmates ed up. I refused to apologize back then –it was their fault though, for made me want to punch them mercilessly. They said something that arousing my hidden anger, I couldn’t help but giving them a lesson for not mistreating people –guess that it works. Well, I might look quiet, but really I could become aggressive when things aren’t turn out well. Looks like I inherit that bastard gene inside me for being a slightly temperamental person –at least I’m not that loathsome like him.

            When I entered the age of twenty, I began to slowly leave my bad habits and started to behave well. It was all for my mom as I finally realize I hurt her unintentionally with my misbehavior. She had waste much tears for HIM and I didn’t want her to do the same to me. I wanted to show her that I’m not the mini version of that bastard –though I might resemble him a lot. If it wasn’t for the fact that he was my actual dad, I would gladly kill him for hurting my mom throughout her life. She deserved a whole lot better that his dirty hands all over her body.

            I know I should not let this anger dwelled inside of me yet I couldn’t help it. He deserved to get such treatment for his lifetime mistakes. I was quite relief he didn’t do anything to me these past two years –given that our distance wasn’t that far. He supposed to know about me staying here after that incident but still, I didn’t have any idea of why he didn’t come after me. He might plan something to get me, though. I swore to God –I didn’t want to involve with anything about him. Even when I had no other option –it was the promise I made to my mother before she closed her eyes forever leaving me in such grief.

            Oh, right, I supposed not sinking too far with my personal problem. There was something’s urgent just across my face and I needed to stop it like now. Talked about the recent problem I got, it was not as frightening as I thought it would be. I guess I should thank to her presence for accompanying me through the worst, voluntarily. We’ve been through some of the city for the past eight hours. Yes, given that Jecheon was quite far from the Seoul city, and it certainly took times for us to reach there. It was 2 in the morning but I had no idea of why my eyes still refused to close, as if I didn’t need anything to reduce my fatigue. I knew she wasn’t sleep yet –I could feel her movement as she sat beside me on the passenger seat.

            I heaved a sigh as I began to turn my head facing the smaller figure beside me. She was being quite along the way and it somehow made me feel uncomfortable. She was such a talkative person –so, seeing her in a mute mode like this kind of scare me. She rejected to had any eye contact as she kept staring outside through the window. I made bold to take a further step when my hands voluntarily moving towards her. She startled the moment I touched her small and soft palms –she looked at me fully this time round.

            “ I-I’m sorry… “ I muttered a sentence into her. She blinked her eyes rapidly – locked as there were nothing came from her lips. It was really made me remorseful –if it wasn’t for me then she wouldn’t have to experience things like this.

            “ I-I’m really sorry, if it wasn’t for- “

            “ You don’t have to say sorry –it was my own decision…”

            I knitted my brows in confusion. Did she really mean what she just saying? So, it was because of her personal decision, then. The thought of her decided to help me was enough to lighten up my mood quickly. She realized my sudden change of expression, though. Another thing I’ve learnt from her –she was such an observant.

            “ Thanks…”

            She gave me her smile –it wasn’t the smile she usually put, though. But still, it meant a lot to me –yeah, you might call me lovesick, whatsoever.

            For another twenty minutes we finally arrived into what I suppose to called immigration office. It located at the heart of Seoul city –the place where I spent two years of my life staying abroad. I noticed during my absence, the conditions haven’t changed even for a bit. It was still the crowd and busy city I have known. I inhaled the moment I stepped myself inside the building –it was quite wide and neat, I should say the typical government’s building you’ve seen. There weren’t any people as I roamed my eyes everywhere. Oh yes, I forgot it wasn’t morning yet –so it wouldn’t be confusing to see that there was no one but us.

            She was right beside me, although we didn’t much talking but something about us seemed to understand each other. She looked more comfortable as we walked in sync together –much to my satisfaction. She finally facing me as we were standing behind a door –the officers lead us into.

            “ It’s okay… I’ll make sure everything went well…” I whispered something into her ears causing her to flinch subconsciously. Her round and gleaming eyes blinked rapidly facing me with such worry. I was feel bad for her –it if wasn’t for me then she wouldn’t have to be here by now.

            The officers led us to go inside. I saw the chairs and tables arranged in such a way –looked like we were on their department office, based on the written plank on the door. I cleared my throat as I held her hands gently forced her to stay beside me. This place was kind of reminded me when I was in high school and the headmaster wanted to punished me for being what she called troublemaker.

            “ Well, guess like we’re too early… “ The shorter one or should I called, Mr. Byun chuckled upon realizing there was just us. We both just saw him with such bewilderment stare. So your point is? –my mind spoke up.

            “ I know! Why don’t you take some rest, you two haven’t took any, along the way right? “ The other one chimed in.

            “ Yeah, you can rest for a moment here, while waiting for our staff to come in the morning… Make yourself at home…” He completed his friend’s sentence. Yeah, I guess they were right it didn’t hurt to take some rest. Besides, I need to recharge some of my loss energy for tomorrow’s interrogation.

            “ Mr. Huang and Miss? “ Mr. Park voice trailed off upon realizing that he forgot to ask for her name.

            “ Kwon Yuri…” She corrected immediately. She didn’t seem to mind when I took her hands with mines –or maybe it was only my delusional thought.

            The officer who I acknowledge as Park Chanyeol nodded his head.

            “ Please have a seat …”

            We did as he told us voluntarily and seated ourselves in most comfortable way. She still refused to meet my gaze, though –it was really made me drown into my own guiltiness. I convinced myself before, as I began to strike a conversation with her, trying to decreasing the amount of awkwardness between us.

            “ Yuri, I- “

            She looked straight into my eyes this time round. The moment she settled her gaze towards me I felt like my throat went dry all of sudden. She got me nervous with just a slight glance –something I never thought it could be.

            “ You know what? Seeing you refuse to return to your country made me want to help you, although I had no idea of why you really don’t want to go back –I’m sure you have your own reasons, though... “

            Her words made me stunned for a minute or so. She was certainly much more than a typical girl next door –perhaps I could describe her as an angel in disguise. How could one have a heart as kind as her? –not to mention I’m actually just a stranger as we met for a few days ago.

            “ Your story really grow on me –it’s like we are on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter