The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

 

CHAPTER 9

A PIGGYBACK RIDE AS THEY CALL IT!!

~EUN RI’S POV~

I was walking home… The day was very tiring… AND IT’S ONLY THE START OF THE FESTIVAL… and I think tomorrow until the last day we will repeat the play! ARGH!! It will repeat again and again!! WHATTT!!! AISSHH!!

Why is my heart beating so fast earlier and I can’t help it!!! WHHYY!!! Am I truly in love with him?! It just so happen that I had only a crush!! NOT LOVE!! ALRIGHT!! But earlier it was something different… I can’t explain why or how… but I just knew that time I really want to kiss him…

HAAIISSHH!!! DON’T EVER THINK ABOUT KISSING HIM! I ALWAYS THINK TOO MUCH!!

I should call him… but if I call him he will just think that I assumed that he was trying to kiss me!! That would be so embarrassing on my part!! WAAHHH!! How should I do this? Just forget what happened?! Yeah that’s right!! FORGET WHAT HAD HAPPENED!!

Ring… ring…. Ring…. Ring….

I searched for my phone and found it on my pocket. I looked at it…

WHAATTT!! WHY IS HE???.............

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~SEUNG HO’S POV~

Why did I try to kiss her earlier!! I was so dumb! ARGHH!! I can’t really help myself but to…

KISS HER... AM I WAY TOO FORWARD!?

But wait why did she insisted to continue?? I saw her leaning forward to me. And when the lights went in I saw her face… it was very RED!! Maybe she also likes it? Or likes me? Aisshh!! Don’t be so assuming! Maybe she’s just taken away by the song or what so ever!

I should call her to say sorry…

Ring… ring… ring… ring…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yobeseyo?” I said nervously. And now my heart was beating so fast again!!

“Uhmm… hello…” he said.

“Why did you call? Seung Ho-shi?”

“Uhmm… uhmm…. Uhmm…-------------” suddenly the phone call was cut off.

“Yoboseyo?? Seung Ho-shi? Are you still there?? Why did he hang up? Is he joking around or what!? Maybe I should call instead.” I said looking at my phone.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~SEUNG HO’S POV~

Why did you do that Seung Ho??!! You’re such!! May be she’ll think that I’m just joking around!I just can’t do it!! I can’t ask her that so forwardly! It might embarrass her. I should just congratulate her for her performance earlier. That’s it!!! I got an idea! Before I got to dial her number my phone rang…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hey, it’s me Eun Ri”

“Oh hey!”

“Why did you hang up?” I said.

“Uhmm… it’s because my phone was out of battery that’s why… hahaha..” I lied to cover up that I can’t ask her that thing that I just want to talk about earlier.

“Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?” I got nervous because she might ask that why did I insisted to kiss her.

“Why did you call by the way?” thank goodness it’s not that!

“I just wanted to congratulate you for the good performance earlier” whew! Nice cover up!

“Ahhh... Is that so? Thanks and congratulations too because you did the best!” she said.

“Ohh… hahaha,.. thanks too!”

An awkward silence covered our conversation. I don’t have enough to say. I was just walking home and nothing to do. I said while walking slowly to the slope near our house.

“Uhmm... hey still there?” he said.

“Ye… Yeahh! I’m still here…”

“Did you eat dinner?” he asked.

“Uhmm… not yet, I’m just walking home”

“Oh… can I ask you somethin’?”

“What?”

“Uhmm…---- Are you free today?” It took 3 sec. for me to invite her! Haisshh!!

I was startled when he asked me if I’m free today!! KYYAAAA!!!! I slightly jumped because of excitement! But I didn’t shout or somewhat show my eagerness! Thanks to the play that we don’t have classes and we don’t have assignments to do. Yehey! And I’m not quite so tired. So I agreed.

“Ye... Yess… I’m free!”

“Are you sure?”

“ Yes I’m sure!”

“Since your walking home, I’ll just see you there!”

“Alright I’m just beside our house now, I’ll just wait here!”

The phone hanged up and I’m waiting just a few minutes after he called. I think he’s walking now… around 5 minutes or so…

“Hey! I’m here, wanna eat something? Coz’ I’m hungry!!”

“Oh… hahaha… me too! Where do you want?”

“Uhmm… I know a place! Let’s go?”

~EUN RI’S POV~

I don’t know what to say or what to do… and this time he asked me to be with him! Is this a date? Or maybe he just wants to have a friend this time… How I wish he has the same feelings for me too. I know it’s been a long time since our first meeting, remember? When he bumped at me at the school grounds, and up until now I can’t confess to him that I really like him. But what if this is the right time? Or this is what our fate wants us to do? Haiisshh!! I’m confused!! Eotteokke!? I wish I had a girl friend to have an advise this time but I only had Hyun Woo-shi, I can’t tell him that I like his cousin… he’ll just say it to him and now my secret will be revealed…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were walking at the street… the lights were so bright and many people as well as couples walking hand in hand. I look at him for a second and I saw that he’s smiling… I think he’s so happy today. His hands on his pocket and has a bonnet buried on his soft hair, school bag on his right shoulder…

“Did you just have home when you called earlier?”

“Yeah… I was just curious if you’re already home that’s why I called”

“Wait a minute, why are you smiling like that? Is there something wrong? You’re giving me the chills!” I stopped while I looked at him, confused.

“Secret I will not tell you! Hahahaha!!” he smirked.

“Aiiisshhh!! You’re such! You want to kiss me earlier right huh? Huh?!!” I accidentally blurted out. I didn’t mean to ask that to him! It’s just that I’m thinking about it lately and I suddenly said it directly to him! What a shame!

“Anni? Why would I? You know if I was asked by someone who saw us earlier at the auditorium doin’ that thing, I will say that you’re not kissable or y and what so ever, alright? How assuming of you to ask that, huh?! Hahaha!!...”

“No of course not!! I said defensively and a high tone on my voice. “I am just asking!! Why would I?! Aisshh!! May be you’re just also assuming too, huh right?! You just piss me off all the time! Tsk.tsk.tsk!” I glared my pissed off look at him while giving him a slight slap on the head.

“Yah what’s that for?!” he said.

“Uhmm... nothing it’s just for revenge, right!! Whahaha!!” I stuck out a tongue at him like a child.

“You’re… haish! A DEAD MEAT!!” we ran out the street and ran as fast as we could. Then I reach the fast food restaurant that he just asked me earlier.

I sat on the chair as he ran pass behind me… I was panting and catching my breath as I put my bag aside.

“Yah! You’re so fast!!” he said breathless.

“Yeah I know right! Whoa, I’m so hungry let’s eat!” I said while holding my tummy.

“Ahjussi, 2 ramen and 2 drinks please!” I ordered aloud.

“Yeaahh---!!”the owner of the fast food restaurant said. This is my favourite restaurant when I first got here in Seoul and their food was so delicious that I got 2 bowls of ramen to satisfy my angry stomach!

We ate as fast as we could because we’re so HUNGRY!! That none of us can speak! We headed out in the street after taking the delicious dinner.

“Whoa! I’m so full!! That was my favourite restaurant when I got here”

“Oh, me too!” he said.

I was walking slowly then suddenly I slipped off a built in rock that I didn’t notice while walking.

“Ouuchh!!”

I fell down just behind that big built in rock… that my right foot accidentally bumped into. My knees were scratched as beads of blood drop on it. I prevent to cry because it’s so childish if I did, right? So I stopped myself from crying and bowed my head down because it was so painful for me to take even though it’s a scratch, the impact of my fall was even more painful than you think! And an hour or so it will leave a black spot on it.  My poor knee… aiisshh… it’s so clumsy for me to fall! And now I just did! Eotteokke?!

“Yah are you alright?”

I was still sitting down the floor with my scratched right foot bent as he ran towards me. I tried to walk but in return I just fell back again. My landed on the hard street floor. Why is this happening?! ARGHH!!! It’s so embarrassing for him to see me like this!! What should I do?? He’s now coming right in front of me!

“Here, ride on my back!” I’m startled when he offered his back for me to ride on.

“Are you sure? I’m way too heavy for you to carry” I refused.

“No it’s nothing, just get on my back… I’ll clean you’re scratch when we got in our house, okay? It’s pretty near so it’s alright” he insisted.

I had no choice but to ride on his back.Piggyback ride as they call it! It’s hard for me to walk because of my bleeding knee… and it’s hurts when I try. I’m surprised when he offered his back for me. He’s always nice and he doesn’t change a bit even though we don’t hang around that much. I climbed on his back as he started to walk.

“You’re he... hea…avvvy!” he said to me, teasing.

“I said so… that’s why you shouldn’t carry me all the way to your house”

“Neahh… It’s alright! Just stay on my back, arraso?”

“Alright!”

“Uhmm… Seung Ho-shi?” I asked.

“Yep?”

“Gomawoyo, I owe you again…”

He just smiled and has nothing to say. He carried me all the way to the slope and towards their house. I think he’s very tired. I can see beads of sweat forming on his forehead. Suddenly without thinking, I pulled out my handkerchief.

“Seung Ho-shi you’re tired” I said.

“Anni… I’m alright… no need to worry… we’re near so hang on” he reassured me. So nice of him!

I slowly brushed off the beads of sweat on his forehead using my handkerchief as he walked slowly. I can’t help myself but to do that thing as support for him I think. It’s the best thing I can do now. What else could I? Suddenly I saw his lips started to curve forming a big smile on his face.

“What’s that for?” he curiously asked as he slightly turned his head towards me.

“Uhmm… just a little help for you… hahaha..” I replied.

“Just keep doing that, I like it! HAHA..” he said.

“Hahahaha… you’re such! Alright…alright!” I said while giving him a slight punch on the forehead.

We laughed as we reached their house and by the way, I’m still on his back. Its way too long and I know he’s very tired. And as he carried me towards their gate, we saw Ji Yeon standing in front as her tears fell down…

NOTE:

This chapter is so chessy!! hope you like it!! :D XDD the next chapter is dramatic! :))