The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

CHAPTER 4

THE INVITATION

The day had gone so fast. It’s like the first day of school and now 2 months had passed already.  Well, I don’t really notice it maybe I became much busier these days. It’s Saturday morning and I’m tasked to do the cleaning in the house, my mom went to work today and my little brother is on camping so I’m alone in the house… cleaning.

“Wheew… I’m ready to get this done!” I stand in the middle of our house carrying a broom and a mop. I plugged my phone on our speaker to make it more loudly for me to hear. I played my favourite song as loud as I wanted it to be heard “God of Study OST- Because I’m Weary” echoed in the living room through the kitchen and all over the house. I’m very in love with this song every time I play it; it seems to me that Seung Ho is actually singing it in front of me. Oh, I really love this song! I started wiping the dust on the centre table… to the frames, and some decorations that hung in the wall. I hum silently while my favourite song was playing… few hours later I finished cleaning the living room… sweat dripping on my face and I really feel so hot so I tied up my hair to the high extent and uplift my sleeve a bit to make myself refreshed. I look at the living room and a satisfied smile crossed my face… “Whoa, the furniture and floor are shining! I really can’t believe it that I cleaned all of this stuff!” I lied down on the couch and wipe off my sweat… then I close my eyes and rested for a while suddenly it all turned black… I’m dreaming… dreaming… dream….

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was sitting on a chair… I felt a rope tied up on my body… a cloth was gagged in my mouth… I gasped for air and whimpered a bit… then a voice suddenly came out of my mouth…“Where am I?” I slowly glanced at the place… it was so dark… and I can barely see a shadow standing few miles in front of my place… then that shadow started to walk… walk towards me… I think that shadow’s holding something… something shiny I think? Then suddenly…I recognized that… that shadow is a girl… she has a long hair with curls below… heels tip-toeing on the solid tiled floor. Then she stopped… stared at me for a while then I heard a laugh… so loud that echoed the empty room… an evil laugh… “Yah! Who are you?!” my voice was trembling with fear… “HA.HA.HA.HA…. You don’t know who I am… hmmm… just guess…” she said “I have no time for guessing!! Just let me out of here!!” I replied with a force on my voice… “I don’t think that threat will work with me!!” she said clenching the shiny thing in her hands. She walked towards me and pointed that shiny thing below my chin and bent it upwards… I think it’s a knife! “Huh!… no one will save you here!! Like the thing you did to me! You didn’t think of my feelings...  I got embarrassed in the whole school because of what you did!! I will never forgive you! You !! And now that I had the chance to take revenge… you’ll pay from what you did!” she said yelling in front of me… I recognized the voice… its familiar! “I don’t know who you are! Please… I don’t know what you’re talking about?! Please just get me out of here!!” I said begging. “No! You’ll pay from what you did!! I remember… you were my best friend… I trusted you! But you broke that trust… and now you’ll pay for it!” then suddenly I remember… then I said… “Song Nam Jin, is that you?” drops of tears fell from my eyes… and I sobbed. “You never treated me as a friend, do you? I suffered a lot… I became so depressed and decided to be a rebellious one…” she said pausing a moment. She walked away and someone grabbed me and took me in a mere darker place and put a cloth on my face and I fainted……

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DING-Dong!... Ding- Dong!...

The dream disappeared and I opened my eyes… I feel kind of sleepy… then I looked at the clock… “Oh it’s already 2:00 p.m… I slept too much…” I wondered who’s ringing the doorbell outside… I walked towards the door, still thinking of that strange dream… Oh it’s just a dream… it will not happen in reality! Don’t think too much Eun Ri-ahh… but I can’t remember the whole thing… I just bear in mind the girl and the dark place but the words she said were kind of blurry. I opened the door and to my surprise…

“Hey!” he said with a smile on his face. I was shocked and froze standing in our doorstep.

 “Oh hi Seung Ho!” I decided to invite him inside to have some drinks. He sat on our living room and I went to the kitchen and washed my face first before getting some drinks.

“When did you find my place?” I said still not believing that this is not a dream anymore.

“Uhmm… you know from my cousin… Hyun Woo… he told me about you, when he met you at the nearby grocery store… then I thought of following you last week while heading home, that’s why I found your house” he replied, his voice was kind of embarrassed of confessing that he’s stalking me last week.   

“Ohh… I see… so why did you come here surprisingly?”

“Uhmm… this is the reason why” he said while handing me a piece of paper. I looked at it and read, it says “The Cinderella Story”.

“Oh it’s a play!”

“Yes… uhmm... I want to invite you to be on the play…  Wednesday will be the start of the practice after class… it’s for the up coming festival this school year… coz’ every year our school is having a play… so I want you to be part of it… I hope you can join…” he said.

“Uhmm… is that so? Yes… I would love to join…” I said looking at the paper and smiling at him.

“The audition will be on Monday”

“When did you know about this?” I asked.

“While I was walking towards our classroom yesterday… Mrs. Lee gave me this… then when I got home I gave it to Hyun Woo… he said I should invite you to join, he’s planning to give it to you personally but he has no time and he don’t know your place so I decided to follow you and informed him about your house but he’s not home today so he said that I should go instead.” he said while laughing a little.

“Ohh… haha.. That’s nice of him! Thank you for coming by, I didn’t expect that you’ll come!” I replied while sipping my juice drink.

“Oh... you’re welcome I hope you can come to the audition on Monday”

“Yes I’ll come!” I said smiling at him.

“So I’ll be going now, thanks for your time!” he said while standing and heading towards the door.

“Alright then… thanks for coming by!” I said while waving my hand, goodbye.

I closed the door and sat on the couch looking at the paper that he gave me. I wondered why he followed me while heading home. Is that on purpose or he just wanted to follow me? Aishhh… no Eun Ri don’t day dream that he just wanted to come here… Thanks to Hyun Woo that I had the chance to meet him today even without assuming that he’ll come. I smiled to the fullest while hugging the pillow tightly and still looking at the paper that states the title of the play “The Cinderella Story”. What would be his character, by the way? May be he will be the prince! Oh, that’s exciting! I closed my eyes dreaming, if Seung Ho will be a prince… he’s wearing a nice outfit… His handsome looks… nice smile and perfect to be a real prince!

“Whoa that would be nice! But wait what would be my role? Aiisshh… I’m kinda nervous for the audition on Monday… but I’m too excited to wait… haha.. It will be fun!” I said while heading to my room to take a bath.

I opened the bathroom door and removed my clothes and went inside the shower room. The water was drifting on my body… I felt refreshed… then suddenly the dream I had earlier pop out on my mind…

“Uhmmm… is that girl familiar? I think I just said that she’s Song Nam Jin but she’s like the figure of…. Park Ji Yeon? No, that is not a valuable conclusion… may be she’s not her? Song Nam Jin and Park Ji Yeon are not the same, aren’t they? But the voice was kinda similar with each other? It’s very contradicting… then she’s holding a shiny thing? I remember that it’s a knife… so she’s trying to kill me, but why?” I said while heading out of shower and drying myself.

I was sitting down on the edge of my bed still thinking of my dream. I stared at the window thinking of my friend… I wondered if there’s something to do with her in my dream.

“Oh… I just miss you Song Nam Jin… I wish that I could see you again” then suddenly I heard the gate… opened… its mom! I hurried downstairs and opened the door for her and gave her a kiss on the cheek…

“Hi mom, how’s work?” I asked.

“Oh, I’m tired darling… whoa the house is very clean, thank you honey you did very well!” she said while heading towards the couch for a rest.

“Thanks mom!” I replied.

“I’ll be cooking a dinner later… I just need a little while to rest then I’ll cook… alright?” she said.

“Yes mom!” I said while heading towards my room and started to review for our up coming quiz for Monday.