The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

CHAPTER 6

I KNOW HE’LL BE THE PRINCE!

After that day Hyun Woo and I got chased by a dog… Friday came already and I didn’t see Seung Ho auditioning for the play. Well may be he’s not interested… I wish that he will be the prince and I’ll be Cinderella!! Sorry Ji Yeon! But NO! Don’t be assuming so much Eun Ri it’s just a play… ahhh.. I’m lucky that I got accepted! Today we will know our roles and each of us will be given our scripts. I wonder if Seung Ho’s joining us and for sure Ji Yeon will be volunteering herself to be the Cinderella. How pathetic! 

I walked down our slope and went to Hyun Woo’s house. And by the way I forgot to tell you that Hyun Woo and I were going to school together and it’s so sad because Seung Ho and he are not going to school together. Now Seung Ho always goes to school earlier than us, he changed because if you remember he always goes to school… late that’s why. Well he’s a good boy now.

I remember one time I tried to catch up to him, but in return I fail. What a sad story to be closer to him… I always fail… even though I tried so hard… I got no response to him well may be he is not interested to me too… and these days he’s avoiding me and I don’t know why and that witch girl Ji Yeon always gets on the way! One time I tried to talk to him but again Ji Yeon dragged him and they went somewhere I don’t know. I think those two were dating because every break time Ji Yeon and he were always together at the cafeteria… Aiiisshhh… every time I think of Ji Yeon I want to burn her face and throw her into the trash can like garbage!

HYUN WOO’S RESIDENCE:

I think I’m way too early… I can’t see any shadow walking… So I pressed the doorbell twice.

“Is Hyun Woo here?” I said to myself while peeking at the gate hoping that I can see a shadow.

Few minutes later…

“Hey Eun Ri, I’m sorry I let you wait for a long time because I forgot something that’s why”

“Ohh… it’s alright! Let’s go?”

“Ok!”

We reached the school and everyone were looking at me like I did something wrong.

“Uhmm… Hyun Woo ahh… Why is everyone’s looking at me?” I said to him whispering.

“Ye… Yeah … I don’t know but I can see it too” he replied while looking at me.

“How can we get the results by the way?”

“I think it’s posted on the bulletin board”

“Come on let’s see!” I said to him excitedly then in reply he smiled back and we ran towards the posted results.

Meanwhile….

“So here are all the students who passed the audition… Uhmm… where’s my name?” I said while I glanced at Hyun Woo looking closely to the papers posted.

“Eun Ri ahh don’t be shocked to the news” he said.

“What?”

“Uhmm… uhmm…” He bowed his head slowly then suddenly. “You’re CINDEREELLAA!!” he gave me a friendly hug. I was surprised when he did that but it’s ok.

“Wha… What? I’m Cinde.. Cinderellaa?  You’re joking right?” I looked at him still confused.

“YES!! YOU ARE CIN. DE. REL .LA!” he said in syllables.

“Ohh… what?!?!! I can’t believe it?!”

“Oh yes you do! And it says here that the PRINCE IS…. Guess first?”

“I don’t have time for guessing… just say it!” I said in excitement.

“Wait for one condition first… You should not back out! Pleaassee!!”

“Uhmm.. alright alright!”

“So that’s a deal, ok?! And the prince is!! Dan da dada!!! It’s YOO SEUNG HO HYUNG!! Oh there’s no doubt about it…. I know he’ll be the PRINCE!!”

My eyes widened as if I didn’t expect it… but it’s my chance!! I don’t wanna loose it… then suddenly my fantasy is ruined. It’s that witch girl again Ji Yeon!

“So you’re Cinderella huh? How amazing!? I think the judges were wrong! You shouldn’t be! You’re just a trash… A trash that should be burned away! What the hell!! So are you happy now? Being Cinderella? Hahaha! So childish! Tsk. Tsk. Tsk.” she said.

“Yah Ji Yeon stop it!” Hyun Woo said.

“Get out of the way! Poor Girl!! TSK!” her friend said while she bumped me on my right shoulder and looses my balance a little.

And in response … I just bowed my head down because of shame and embarrassment. What Eun Ri is that all you can do? Bow your head and let them look down on you? Haiissshhh!!! What the hell!  They walked away looking at the two of us, heads up and walking like ramp models. The crowd opened their way and fascinated by their rudeness…

“Yah! Are you alright?”

“Uhmm… Ye... Yess... Let’s just go back to our class” I replied.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Seung Ho sitting on his chair doing something on his notebook. I took a glance to see it but he suddenly closed it and looked at me like he saw a ghost. I think he’s hiding something from me.

“Hey congratulations I know you’ll be the prince!” I said.

“Ohh… yeah congratulations too for being the Cinderella”

“Hahaha… Oh that’s nothing!” I replied then again Ji Yeon came out of the way. Why it is always like that every time I got the chance to talk to him… there’s Ji Yeon ruining the moment! Haiisshh!!...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its dismissal time and every cast of the “The Cinderella Story” are invited to go to the auditorium to get their scripts and to familiarize the other casts.

“Alright everyone, get your seats and we’ll start” our teacher said. May be he’s the director of this play? I think he is Mr. Kang… I walked with Hyun Woo towards our seats then I saw Seung Ho together with Ji Yeon sitting on the opposite side in line with our seats. Many students gathered together with their friends.

“Yah Hyun Woo… what is your character by the way?” I said whispering to him so that I will not be heard.

“I think I’m the horseback rider that will give Cinderella the news that the prince is looking for the girl who lost the shoe at the palace. But I’m not quite sure because I just took a single glance to it”

“Can I ask you something?”

“Yes what is it?”

“Why is Seung Ho’s avoiding me these days?”

“Uhmm… I don’t know either” he replied but Eun Ri if you knew the reason why you’ll be shocked.

“Ahhh… is that so? So you don’t know either because I just lost contact with him these days or I think he’s hiding something on his notebook?” I sighed.

“Uhmm… Oh that’s nothing just don’t think about it” he smiled at me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

“Yah Seung Ho oppa look at that girl she always sticks to Hyun Woo… I think she likes him” Ji Yeon said.

“And you? You always stick to me huh?” Seung Ho replied.

“Don’t be mad oppa… I just like to be with you because you know that I really love you… and no one can never win but just me!” she cling to Seung Ho’s arm and bent her head to his shoulder like they were two love birds watching a movie.

“Aiiisshhh… just get off ok!? You always drag me everywhere!”

“And you can’t refuse right? Because if you refuse I’ll do something to Eun Ri that you’ll regret forever” she threatened.

Seung Ho didn’t reply and just sighed because he can’t do anything to stop Ji Yeon from doing her thing. He knows that Ji Yeon can do anything just to get rid off Eun Ri and do everything she can to win over Seung Ho’s love. She’s just obsessed with him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seung Ho’s POV

“If you just know Eun Ri I’m doing this for you…. I can’t express that I just care because I love you” Seung Ho said to himself while they watch as the director of the play assign the scripts to the other casts. “I’m sorry if I kept distance with you these days, it’s because of Ji Yeon… she threatened me that if I got close to you she’ll do anything just to kick you off the school or embarrass you to the fullest. And I don’t want to do that to you… because I care… if only I can confess to you that I really like you… I want to stop Ji Yeon and spend more days just to be with you… and let us two be free… This is the only way to stop Ji Yeon…. Is to pretend that I like her”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seung Ho’s thoughts of Eun Ri flew way when Ji Yeon talked to him.

“Yah Seung Ho oppa… what are you thinking?” Ji Yeon said.

“Uhmm… anyeo… it’s nothing… it’s your turn get your script”

Ji Yeon walked towards the stage and got her script with her then she took a deadly glance at Eun Ri and walked her towards her seat.

“Ms. Kim it’s your turn… get your script” Mr. Kang said.

“Uhmm.. ye yeeah!” I nervously said… I feel that Ji Yeon’s glares with her friends and the other casts of the girls were giving me the chills. Is it because I became the Cinderella? Or may be because the Prince is Seung Ho… and he’s a drop down handsome! Every girl in the school wants to have him… and I’m one of them!

I stepped on the stage and got my script.

“By the way every one… Ms. Kim is the chosen one to be the Cinderella and the Prince is Mr. Yoo as always! Please step on the stage and get your script” every girl screamed their lungs out when Seung Ho stood on his seat and walked towards the stage.

I looked at him like he’s a movie star. I tried to hide my excitement but instead I failed. When he’s standing behind me, I smiled. In return he also smiled back… whoa! I’m lucky!!...

“Alright then next week will be start of the practice! Everyone should be on time! 3:00 pm will be the start and will end at 6:00. Hope you guys will cope up with each other… I don’t like students who are late! Arasso??...

“Yes Mr. Kang!”

“Ok dismiss!”