The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

 

CHAPTER 11

THE CONFESSION

After 3 days doing the play, I felt kinda awkward with Seung Ho. I don’t know why, maybe because I heard his feelings for me. I became cold at him; we had few conversations and sometimes don’t see each other.

~ Eun Ri’s POV ~

“Why are you like this Eun Ri? You said you want to be closer to him and now you kept distance every day! Are you nuts? You’re giving out a chance!! And by the way, Ji Yeon flew to America after the play. I know she’s hurt badly and she didn’t even say goodbye to Seung Ho, I think she’ll try to forget him, that’s my instincts and I’m not sure though?”

The normal day started, I’m quite glad because there’s no Ji Yeon that I will see everyday and I’ll not be bullied anymore. That’s a big relief for me. I didn’t have the chance to see Hyun Woo today may be because he’s busy… I opened my locker and put my books aside… I noticed a blue folded paper near my piled books, I don’t know what it is but I think it’s a letter from someone. I closed my locker and opened the letter… it says….

“Hello Eun Ri-shi, I want to meet you at the park… I have something to tell you, it’s very important. I hope you can come! Meet me by 5 after dismissal time”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hmm…. Who is that guy? I have no idea who he is? I’m quite excited!! Maybe he’s Seung Ho? Or….-----” I was cut off when I saw someone standing beside the river… Few people were walking and chatting around.

I walked behind that person without him noticing me… I think he’s a figure of someone I know… He’s wearing his school uniform and I think he’s holding something? He turned around… and suddenly….

“Hyu… Hyun… Hyun Woo-shi??” I said in confusion. “Wh.. Why are you here?”

“Did you receive my letter?” He walked towards me with a huge smile on his face as a greeting maybe?

“Ye...Yes I received it!” We started to walk on the bench and sat there looking at the people around us. I don’t know why he has those beautiful flowers on his hands. I think he’s courting someone and wants me to help him, well because I’m his loyal best friend. I’m clueless of what’s happening right now. All I know was I’ve seen Hyun Woo and he’s holding a bunch of flowers on his hands. He’s a romantic person huh? I didn’t expect it. The girl must be very lucky for those flowers.

“So what’s the important thing you want to tell me, by the way?”

He leaned forward and I slowly moved away with my eyes on shock. I don’t know what he’s doing? His deep glare is killing me!! What should I do now??? Help me pleaassee!! I closed my eyes thinking that he’ll go away; I felt his hands touched my check gently and his breath pushing on my face. Will he kiss me on the lips or cheeks? Aish! Don’t think of those things now!? I closed my eyes tightly as my expressions flew away with it. My heart starts to pound so hard that my hands were quite shaking; I think I’m really nervous! Then I felt his hands rubbing something on my face, it’s cold and soft. I don’t know why. I opened my eyes gently and saw his face looking at my cheek. It’s so awkward!

“Yah! What are you doing!?”

“Uh… hahaha… I’m so sorry to shock you like that. It’s just that I saw a dirt on your face I think it’s an ink. And it’s hard for me to clean it, that’s why I put my wet handkerchief on you cheek to remove it”

“Oh, is that so?” I breathed deeply and gather myself. Am I thinking too much again? Hyun Woo- shi will not do such things like that! It’s so embarrassing that I didn’t notice that ink mark on my face! Haiisshh!! Where did I have that? Uhmm… Ah! I remember it! I was walking towards the park and suddenly a lady dropped her pile charcoal on the street so I helped her to gather all of it, I didn’t notice that I already brushed it on my face!! So careless!!

“Thank you for noticing!”

“Yeah… that’s nothing! But wait why did you close your eyes? I didn’t intend to do something bad on you?”

“Uhmm… Uhmm.. haha.. It’s nothing! I jus... just... Haish! Just don’t think about it! Arraso?!” I replied while I glared at him. I can’t say to him that I assumed that he’ll kiss me, right? He’s not that kind of person to like me? And I bet he’ll not like me because I’m his bestfriend.

“Alright, I understand!”

“Whoa, those flowers… it’s really beautiful so by the way, what is the important you want to say to me?”

His expressions started to change as I asked that question. His face grew seriously.

“Is that flowers intended for someone?” I didn’t get it! Why is he staring at me like that! He’s very serious and like he’s gathering his words. Then my confused face turned to be shocked.

“Uhmm… Eun Ri-ah I have something to tell you right now… and I know this would be very awkward for the two of us…”

“-------------“I just stared at him and wait for him to speak then… he held my hand and look deeply in my eyes.

“I want to tell you that I … I REALLY LIKE YOU!” He paused for a while and gave me a friendly smile.

I turned out to be speechless and numb. I stared at him and my mind turn blank. What?!!  Am I right to hear that my BESTFRIEND LIKES ME!? Or likes me as a friend only? Or may be it is?

“Ye?” I replied in confusion.

“I said I LIKE YOU!! DO you hear me?! I LIKE YOU! EUN RI-ah! That’s what I wanted to say to you long time ago but I don’t want to end our friendship because of what I feel for you… it’s just that I really LIKE you” He gave me the flowers he was holding earlier.

“Is it alright?” he asked.

“Uhmm... actually to be honest with you it’s really awkward this time and I was completely shocked but I’ll try not to be distanced with you because we’re BESTFRIENDS RIGHT?!”

I smiled at him but in my inner side I felt completely and absolutely awkward because my best friend would like me? Oh wow… I know from some dramas that your best friend just like my situation will fall in love with you but now that I experienced it, ITS REALLY TRUE! But you know whom I like right? It’s really SEUNG HO not Hyun Woo. I’m really sorry.

“Uhmm.. of course yes… we’re best friends” he replied.

It became silent again and I stared at the children playing around. How I wish Seung Ho is by my side now… not him…

“Hyun Woo I gotta go it’s getting dark now” I stood up and he suddenly stood up too.

“Oh yeah, I’ll go with you”

“No thanks, I can carry on. Oh and thanks for the flowers it’s really beautiful!” I waved a hand at him before he can say another word and I ran towards the road way to the street. I don’t want him to go with me until I’m home; it’s really awkward this time.

The sky became dark and I feel cold. I checked my watch and it says that it’s already 6:30 pm. What did I stay that long with him? Wow!

~SEUNG HO’S POV~

I was looking for Eun Ri around the school campus at exactly 4:45 pm but I don’t see her even her shadow. What happened to her? Why does she keeps on avoid me these days? Did I did something wrong for her to do this to me? I came running and I found her at the park walking around.

“Ye? Is that Eun Ri? Ya—“ My voice was cut of when I saw Hyun Woo standing in front of her holding flowers. My anger rose up because of jealousy, I don’t know why but it just that… I’m JEALOUS!! I came closer to them and hid around the corners for them not to see me. I heard their conversation and the whole CONFESSION of Hyun Woo. Then from some time they sat on the bench and to my surprise THEY KISSED!!!!!!!! WHATTT!!!??? THE…. THEY KISS… KISSED?? Are they really?? I clutched the bracelet that I supposed to give it to her today… I can feel my anger’s building up!! What’s up with this GUY?! Are they now together?? That’s why she’s avoiding me because of Hyun Woo??!! So that’s the reason huh?!

“Uhmm… Eun Ri-ah I have something to tell you right now… and I know this would be very awkward for the two of us…”

“-------------“I just stared at him and wait for him to speak then… he held my hand and look deeply in my eyes.

“I want to tell you that I … I REALLY LIKE YOU!” He paused for a while and gave me a friendly smile.

WHAT MY COUSIN LIKES THE GIRL THAT I LOVE??!!! WT?! That should not be happening… I should be the first one to confess to her face to face but I’m way too late! My hands started to build some beads of sweat, I think because of nervousness on what will be the reply of Eun Ri… Please don’t reply you like him too??! Please NO!

 “Ye?” she replied in confusion.

“I said I LIKE YOU!! DO you hear me?! I LIKE YOU! EUN RI-ah! That’s what I wanted to say to you long time ago but I don’t want to end our friendship because of what I feel for you… it’s just that I really LIKE you” he gave Eun Ri the flowers he was holding earlier.

“Is it alright?” he asked.

“Uhmm... actually to be honest with you it’s really awkward this time and I was completely shocked but I’ll try not to be distanced with you because we’re BESTFRIENDS RIGHT?!”

I felt the relief on my heart when I heard that she’s leaving so I decided to follow her. I don’t know why but I feel very JEALOUS RIGHT NOW!! THAT I REALLY WANTED TO EXPLODE MY FEELINGS FOR HER!!! AND NOW THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME!!!!

“Hyun Woo I gotta go it’s getting dark now” She stood up and Hyun Woo suddenly stood up too.

“Oh yeah, I’ll go with you”

“No thanks, I can carry on. Oh and Thanks for the flowers it’s really beautiful!”

I saw her walking pass me without her noticing that I’m there. I saw Hyun Woo staring at her until she disappeared from his sight then he left. It’s my chance to grab her and talk to her deeply but I can’t even control my feelings!!! I’m angry right now!! I wanna TALK TO HER!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked towards our house and the streets lights were only the one lighting the road path. It’s quite dim on my path and no one was walking except me. I felt kinda scared, I don’t know but I feel that there’s something wrong.

I still smell the flowers then… someone grabbed me from behind and drags me to a dark place that no one will ever see me and save me…. I began to scream but the person stopped me and covered my mouth. I can’t clearly see that person but I can feel that he’s quite familiar then……

NOTE:

YEAH! FINALLY I UPDATED THIS STORY!! AFTER 2 MONTHS I THINK? I DIDN'T MIND FINISHING THIS.. SO NOW THAT I've GOT THE TIME! I UPDATED IT!! I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER! :)) LOL! I'll wait for your comments!! <3

~rascaltwilight019~