The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

CHAPTER 7

I’M LOCKED SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!

It’s Monday already and it’s time for the practice later. I’m exciteedd!! I’m gonna see Seung Ho all the way until the festival! Whoaaa!! Thank God that my prayers were answered!!...

I’m on the way to the auditorium feeling happy. I’m not with Hyun Woo today because he has advancement class in Chemistry. I insisted that I’ll wait for him so that I have a companion but he said that I should go first so I have no choice but to go. I was humming my favourite song (Because I’m Weary- Ernest) then suddenly… someone grabbed me and covered my mouth with cloth. I don’t know why I felt so dizzy then I fainted. One thing I remember… I was dragged in a dark place and I saw two girls only with their shadows then the door was locked and I can’t breathe.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Make sure that no one saw you! Or both of you will be dead! Arasso!?” Ji Yeon said.

“Ye… Yeaahh… Ji Yeon-shii” Hyeo Ri and Shin Nam said. They are Ji Yeon’s friends. I mean not close friends but I think her personal slave… What a !

“Good! Well, I’ll pay you when I got my allowance… Huh? Don’t tell this to anyone! If you attempt to tell this, you know what you’ll get!! Now leave!” she said almost shouting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 “Where am I? Aiigoo.. My head aches… I think I bumped somewhere… But wait why I am here? Is this a locker? It’s so hot!I’m suffocated! I can’t breathe!” I tried to move but it’s so narrow and dark. I touched the surface… its steel… then I saw a little light penetrating directly to my face. It’s a vent. I tried to move closer to it and shout.

“I’m locked someone help me, PLEASEE!!” I shouted and shouted but in return I got no response.

I waited for almost an hour now…

“Oh my gosh! I’m late for the practice… I’m dead! If I’m late… director Kang will transfer my role to someone available!! I’m loosing my chance to be with him again… I think this is Ji Yeon’s plan against me… so that she will volunteer herself again and be the CINDERELLA… I gotta do something! HELP! HELP! ANYONE THERE!!! I’M TRAPPED!! PLEASE OPEN THIS STUPID LOCKER!!! PLEAASSEEE!!!!” I cried out for help then suddenly I heard footsteps running towards the locker.

“Hey… is anyone here?” I heard the voice coming closer.

“Yah! Help me please!! I’m locked!!”

“Whe… Where are you?”

“I’m on the locker… I don’t know where or what I’m on… please just search all the doors”

“Alright… alright”

“Please hurry… I can’t really breathe! I think I’m stuck for almost an hour now and I’m losing my energy” I heard him opening the lockers. He’s a guy. And I think the voice is familiar! Then I heard my door cracking.

“Hey I can’t open your door… I don’t have the keys!”

“Just find it!”

“Wait! I’m searching”

“Please… please… please…”

“Oh here! Found it!!”

“Open the door!” I heard the lock… opened!

When I heard the door I saw the light streaking straight to my face then the first thing I saw was a shadow. I stepped out of the locker and struggled to catch the fresh air to my lungs. I’m much suffocated.

“Yah Eun Ri-aahh! Are you alright?!”

“Uhmm… do you think I’m alright huh?” I said while still looking down on the floor gathering myself.

“Want some water… I have more left”

“Ye… Yeahh... Komawo”

I drank the water he gave me… then while I was drinking it I looked at that person who gave me his drink. I splattered the water to his face when I saw him standing beside me… IT’S YOO SEUNG HO!!!!! KYAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“I’m… I’m so ... soorrryyy!!! I didn’t mean to splatter the water to your face! I was…. I was just shocked that it’s you! I didn’t expect it!!” I pulled out my handkerchief and started to wipe of the water to his face. Sooo awkwarddd!! What am I doing!! I stopped and suddenly I felt like laughing… He just looked at me blankly like he saw an amazing thing that had never happened to him before.

“You’re the only and first one to splatter water to my face directly from your mouth!!!” he said while he accidentally held my hand while I hold the handkerchief.

Silence filled the corridors and I can only hear the ticking of the wall clock just above the lockers.

Then suddenly the silence broke….

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!” I heard him laughed out loud. For the first time I heard him laughed like that. I’m wonderstruck!!! I stare at him for a second and joined him laughed as loud as it echoes the corridors.

“Yah! Stop laughing… my stomach aches!” I said while holding my tummy.

“Alright… alright! You’re just funny! I can’t help it!”

“Waiitt!!! What time is it?”

“4:30 pm”

“Whhaaattt!!!?? I’m super late!! Wait, why are you here?? You should be at the auditorium, right?”

“Uhmm.. yeah.. yeah… It just so happen that I passed by the lockers because I was going to get something here… then I heard someone screaming for help so I struggled to find it and I didn’t expect that it’s you… Was it coincidence?”

“Hahaha… yeah! Thank you very much! You save my life!”

“Oh… you’re welcome! Let’s go? We’re DEAD!!”

We ran towards the auditorium…. Then to my surprise he grabbed my hand and we’re holding hands together!!! WAAHHHH!!! I felt that I’M GOING TO BURST!!! It’s like a fairytale… the prince saved the princess!! Whoa! Happy ending!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Where are those two? They’re late! If they are not here I should replace them… They know that I hate late!!! Find them!” Mr. Kang said with an angry tone on his voice.

“Ye... Yess Mr. Kang!”  Hyun Woo said while running towards the door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Oh here you are! You two are DEAD!! Mr. Kang is blazing with anger! Hurry!”

“Ye… Yess… thanks Hyun Woo-shii!” I said while we enter the auditorium.

I saw Ji Yeon standing next to the director… I think Mr. Kang decided to replace mee!! No that should not be happening… I know that I’m late but pleaassee don’t do this to me!!!

“Mr. Kang sorry if we’re late, I found Eun Ri was locked inside those lockers… so I helped her that’s why we’re late… hope you understand sir” Seung Ho said catching his breath.

“Ohh… is that so? Are you alright?”

“Ye…Yes Mr. Kang…” I replied.

“I was about to replace the two of you but since your reason is valid I’m gonna forgive you this time ok? Just don’t do that again or you know what you’ll get! Arasso!!?”

“Yeah thanks Mr. Kang!!” We replied in chorus and smiled at each other.

I saw Ji Yeon was very pissed off because she assumed that she’ll take my place! I know that it’s her plan to ruin me… that’s why she locked me inside… what a she is! I glared at her for a while then she gave me a pissed off look.

“Bu… But Mr. Kang I thought I should be the CINDERELLA of this play!!! You said I’ll be the one?!”

“No BUTS Ms. Park Ji Yeon! Your role is your role ok?! Don’t be much assuming since Ms. Kim and Mr. Yoo are here… get back to your role, arasso??”

“Alright… alright! Sorry… Mr. Kang, I understand”

I walked down at the back stage… and I saw Hyun Woo.

“Yah, are you alright? I thought that you went here first?”

“Yeah… that’s my plan but while I was walking towards the auditorium… someone grabbed me then locked me inside to those stupid lockers!”

“Ohh… thank God you’re alive!”

“Yah, don’t joke around! I almost die there because I can’t breathe!”

“Hahaha… I’m sorry… I just want to make you smile!”

“Ohh… thanks! Hyun Woo-shii… I was saved because of Seung Ho”

“Uhmm… you should be thanking him”

“Yeah… I thank him earlier and you know the worst part is? I splatter the water all over his face! I was embarrassed but he just laughs … and laughs. Yeah that’s what happened earlier. Thanks for looking for us!”

“Ohh… Eun Ri that’s nothing!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright everyone! Let’s start! Go to your places and we’ll start the first scene… gather yourselves and be ready to your scripts!”

“Yeaahh… Mr. Kang!” everyone said in chorus… Now it’s my turn… I felt the chills and the dark glares again! Is this not going to end? I can see Ji Yeon looking at me while I deliver my script… I’m shaking! But no I shouldn’t be! Just do it right Eun Ri don’t be defeated with those dark glares! Just imagine it’s real and feel it!!