The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

 

CHAPTER 10

CAN YOU PLEASE LOVE ME BACK, SEUNG HO OPPA?

Is my fairytale story will end this very evening? Or will someone get hurt this time? Is it me or Ji Yeon?

“Yah, Seung Ho oppa? “ Ji Yeon’s voice started to rise as her tears fell down endlessly. I think she’s jealous because I got the Piggyback ride she’s wishing for.

He didn’t know what to do or what to say. I just looked at Ji Yeon while still hanging on his warm back.

“Uhmm… Seung Ho-shi, I need to get home now. I can walk” he put me down while he’s still looking at Ji Yeon.

“Thanks Seung Ho-shi for helping me to get here, sorry for the trouble on getting on your back” I said my goodbye’s as I bowed 90 degrees in front of him and to Ji Yeon too as a greeting.

I can see that he’s kind of annoyed of what I just said but I didn’t mind it and just walked away. Ji Yeon’s glares are killing me as I started to walk by myself… I can’t nearly walk straight because my right knee is still aching but I tried to walk because it’s just a little mile from here to my house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah Seung Ho oppa? Why did you lie huh?! You said you’ll stay away from her, right? Did we agree with that? Yah! Answer me!!”

“Why are you here, by the way?! Did I say that you should not be hanging around here? Did we also agree with that?!”

“Anni? It’s part of the contract that we agreed that I’ll be visiting your house everyday right? Now what?! Explain this!”

“Haissh… Ji Yeon-shi that contract you forced me to sign was from the decision of our parents… I can’t refuse because I don’t want to disappoint my parents WILL to be engaged with you! And I don’t want them to be upset, that’s why I agreed, okay?” he said kind of pissed off.

“But Seung Ho oppa, you promised to my parents that you will marry me soon after we graduated our college years and go back to America from where we started as childhood friends and build a family there! You agreed to our contract and will be engaged after we graduate our senior year… And now you lied to me… you’re seeing somebody else!! Its part of the contract that the 2 of us will be together always and not breaking it!! You know that our parents agreed and arranged our marriage even when we were children.You know that I loved you more that I do even when we were children back then… I liked you… SARANGHAE Seung Ho, oppa!! Can you please love me back? If our parents knew this they will send you to America and never come back here again!!” she threatened.

“But Ji Yeon-shi, you know that’s all part of an agreement. I didn’t promise that I can love you back! I can’t promise you that I will not break that contract and most of all I can’t promise to LOVE YOU BECAUSE I HAVE SOMEONE ELSE…”

“So she’s that girl?”

“Yes it’s her… Kim Eun Ri… I’m so sorry Ji Yeon, I’m just doing the contract for my parents and for them not to be disappointed at me. You know that our parents were business partners as well as friends for a long time, that’s why they arranged our marriage, so that they can be in touch with their stupid agreement on business!! So they just used us for that.”

“My parents really want me to be married with you and be my future hubby” she said as her tears kept falling.

“But I’m so SORRY JI YEON BUT I LOVE EUN RI MORE THAN YOU KNOW AND THAT CAN NEVER BE CHANGED! Even though you tried as much as you can, my feelings for her will not fade even though the marriage will continue… Mianhe… ”

“Alright, if that what you wants… from now on I’ll stay away from you!! And go back to America…”

Ji Yeon started to walk away feeling helpless… her tears kept falling and never stop until she reached her parked car just below the slope.

Seung Ho stared at her… until she disappeared from his sight and started to come inside their house. He’s head was slightly bowed down as he open their gate.

~SEUNG HO’S POV~

“I don’t like to hurt you this much Ji Yeon-shi but if your fantasies will continue, you’ll be hurt if I’ll keep on deceiving that I also love you back… and I don’t want to last our fake relationship to hurt you every time we are together… I just wanted to stop all of this and be true to what I’m feeling… I’m so sorry… I’ll just say to my parents that I have someone else and I’m ready to fight for her until they accept her and be part of our family… Mianhe Ji Yeon for deceiving you this much….

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn’t want to over hear their conversation but as much as I tried to walk… my knee really hurts. So I stopped by a moment and hide just beside a car near their house. They were the only people in that street that their conversation can be heard from outside…

I didn’t mean to hear all of it but I just did. I reached our house and still my knee hurts even more. And I can’t steal away to myself what I had heard earlier. I opened the gate and entered our house… its 7:30 pm already and I’m late.

“Omma, where are you?” I didn’t hear any reply from her so I decided to drink water first. I saw my little brother coming right behind me.

“Sis, why are you late? What happen to your knee? It’s bleeding! Wait here I’m gonna get some medicine!” my little brother rushed up stairs and got the medicine.

“Here!” He began curing my knee until all the bleed had gone out. My little bro’ was very sweet.

“Thanks! Where’s mom?”

“She said she’ll be doing an overtime today so I think she’ll be back by 8 or so, she left a note on the table earlier so when I got home I noticed it” he said.

“Ohh… is that so? Thank you so much! Lil’ bro’! Get to your room, I’ll be waiting mom here” I said while patting his hair and hugging him a little.

I watched him as he rushed himself towards his room and gave me a smile before he enters.

While drinking water I decided to walk towards our living room and rest for a while to our comfy sofa. I began thinking of what I had overheard earlier.

“So their relationship is just from a contract that their parents want? They will be engaged after senior grad. Then flew to America after they had graduated from college then start a family there? Whoa, poor Ji Yeon” I said while I drank the water.

Is it true that Seung Ho LOVES ME AS MUCH AS JI YEON KNEW? I KNOW I HEARD IT RIGHT! AND KNOW I SHOULD CONFIRM IT!!

Maybe Hyun Woo-shi knows about it? Before I dialled Hyun Woo’s number, a phone call suddenly appeared on my phone.

“IT’S SEUNG HO-SHI? WHY IS HE CALLING?? Did he saw me earlier that I’m listening to their conversation? Aishh.. What if he did? What should I say?”

Maybe this would do… “Seung ho-shi I’m sorry that I overheard your conversation with Ji Yeon… it’s just that… aisshh!!” That would not work!! If I said that I overheard it… he’ll be mad at me!! What should I DOO NOW!!??

The phone is still ringing and I don’t know if I should receive it!?

“Yoboseyo?”

“Hey Eun Ri-shi, how’s your knee?”

“Uhmm... my little brother cured it earlier, I’m fine”

“Oh… good for you, I’m sorry… I didn’t had the chance to treat your scratch earlier, it’s because Ji Yeon wants to talk to me”

“It’s alright… no need to worry and by the way thanks earlier for the ride”

“Hehehe… that’s nothing, at least you’re alright now”

Seung Ho really cares for me. Is he worried? Because his voice was very down and I think it’s because of his talk with Ji Yeon. Am I going to ask if I heard right that he loves me? Should I confirm it to him directly or no I shouldn’t? But asking is knowing, right? There’s nothing wrong with it.  I took a deep breath before I ask him… Wheeeww…

“Hey still there?”

“Uhmm… hahaha… yes..”

“Are you thinking of something? Your voice seems tense?” he asked.

“Uhmm… Uhm… Seung Ho-shi”

“What is it?”

“I’m so sorry”

“For what?”

“How should I say this?... Uhmm… It’s because… I overheard your conversation with Ji Yeon earlier and… Mianhe”

Silence filled our conversation…

“Uhmm.. Seung Ho-shi? Sorry… Sorry”

“It’s alright, Eun Ri...”

“I can’t walk straight that’s why I stopped for a moment behind the car and accidentally I overheard your conversation” I finally said. Thank goodness!!

“So you heard everything right?”

“Apparently ye…yess… I heard everything that you’ve said” I replied nervously.

“Oh… is that so? Can I ask you something?” he asked.

“What is it?” my face is turning red because I don’t know what he’ll say; what if it’s about his feelings for me or about Ji Yeon or what so ever. I’m dead now!!

“Uhmm… “

“I’m really sorry Seung Ho-shi, but I gotta go now my mom needs me, Mianhe….” I cut him off the phone because I don’t want to hear what he’s saying. I just got an excuse that my mom needs me to escape from his questions. Wheeewww!!

“Uhm… okay see you tomorrow!”

“Alright! Gowamoyo!” I hanged up the phone before he replied back. I don’t want him to feel that I’m too nervous to answer him so the best way is to hang up right? I don’t have any other options to choose, that’s why! What if tomorrow he’ll ask me something that I can’t answer? Or maybe he’ll ask if I clearly heard his feelings for me… or ask me if I like him too? But maybe that’s too forward? Haiisshh!! O.o

I looked at the clock and it’s already 8:15 pm… I heard the gate opened I think its mom. I rushed outside to see… and right its mom!

“Hey honey!”

“Hi mom, overtime again?”

“Yes dear, did you eat already? Where’s your brother?”

“I already ate mom and Jeong Ri also ate his dinner, did eat mom?”

“Oh thank goodness… yes dear” my mom kissed me on the cheek.

“Get some sleep now I’ll sleep later, alright?”

“Yes mom, goodnight!” I gave a kiss-goodnight to her and rushed to my bedroom.

NOTE:

Waiting for you comments!! :D XDD