The Unexpected Rival

The Unexpected Rival

CHAPTER 5

MY BIG STAR AUDITION!!

I was walking towards the gym… I heard noises… chatting, laughing… I felt nervous because I don’t have any company with me for the audition and I don’t know if I will be part of that play. I saw many students with their friends, feeling excited … but I don’t feel the same way. I don’t know where to start because I never experience to do an audition so I asked some of the students that were scattered around…

“Hey, where’s the line for the audition?”

“Uhmm.. there! It’s a bit too long…” she said while pointing to the line right behind me.

My jaw dropped when I saw the long line of girls’ right behind me!! Oh my gosh! I’m way too late!! I didn’t expect that this would be an enormous audition for that play!! I walked to the line of girls waiting for their turn… I stand behind the group of girls while memorizing the thing that I will present later then suddenly a girl in front of me turned around and now she’s facing me…

“Hey, girl… so auditioning huh?” a girl asked me when she turned her back and faced me with an arrogant face.

“Yes… that’s why I am here, right?” I felt annoyed to the tone of Park Ji Yeon’s voice so I replied with an irritating voice too.

Her group of friends started to gather around me and looked at me like I’m a trash to them… their eyes were moving from my foot to face, their chins were uplift and arms were crossed like a gangster wanting to have a fight, they were like witches in my sight!! !!

“Awww… too bad for you that you’re alone… you ! I know you like Seung Ho Oppa if I’m not mistaken… if I were you I’ll just stay away from him and get lost!!! Because he loves me and he does not love you!! Get it?! So don’t be sad if I win him because you’re not worth it!!” she said while moving her head towards my face and her eyes glared at me like a fireball striking to my veins… Then her friends moved out and turned their back at me… and laughing like a demon.

I turned to be speechless and just turned my head down because I don’t want a fight to happen just because of the temper that got us both… I knew that she has that kind of attitude that turns someone down to her knees. Even though she’s pretty, to me she’s like a walking trash bag here in campus with a lot of boys hanging around her!!! I really hate her!! She’s just a dumb !! My blood was boiling inside me like a volcano erupting to the fullest but I let myself calm down and let this argument pass because I don’t want to ruin my day just because of that trash girl! AIIISSSSHHHH!! I want to cut her hair and punch her to the face!!!...

Then few minutes later I calmed myself down…

“Eun Ri just take a deep breath and think that nothing had happened, alright?” then suddenly someone tapped me on the back.

“Hey, are you alright?”

“Ohh.. Hyun Woo ahh.. I’m kinda alright... I just got pissed off by that witch girl!” I slightly pointed my finger to Ji Yeon whose auditioning right in front of us. I think she’s playing the step- sister… HAHAHA… well… she’s good at portraying bad girls. It suits her!!

“I thought you’ll not go for the audition. I didn’t expect that you’ll come, thanks!”

“Oh... I should be thanking you because Seung Ho said that you invited me… I really appreciate it!”

“That’s nothing... Uhmm.. Eun Ri ahh it’s your turn… good luck!” he said.

“Ohh… hahaha.. Alright then! FIGHTING!!”  I looked at him and he smiled at me as he always does. I felt relieved when he came because my nervousness was gone. He’s a life saver! I owe him again!

I was about to read the script of the other step-sister but then I was startled when the judges said that I should read Cinderella’s script so without hesitation I took the chance… well I also prepared this so I hope this would work… I read the script of Cinderella with feelings… I felt awkward at first but I said to myself that I should do more because I know that Seung Ho will be the Prince and there’s no doubt about it! He’s an ULTIMATE HEARTTHROB!! The scene was when the Prince is going to fit the shoes to Cinderella so in my place I should exert more emotions…

I imagined that Seung Ho is putting on the shoes to my feet while looking at me. He said his lines perfectly… like a real prince proposing to her princess… How I wish it would come true!

The lines were quite dramatic… well because it’s a fairytale. I was taken away by my emotions and my imagination… I opened my eyes and I notice that EVERYONE IS LOOKING AT ME! I didn’t look at them and focused my sight to the judges in front of me. Then after I delivered that piece… the people around me were clapping their hands and shouting “Wohoo!!” like there’s a big star had performed on the stage!

What an embarrassment!! SHIITTT!!! I closed my eyes hoping that I will be accepted in the play then few minutes later….

“Uhmm... Ms. Kim you did great! You’re accepted!!” said one of the judges to me while clapping her hand together with the other judges.

“Thank you very much!” I was shocked because I didn’t expect that I’ll be accepted! Well, it’s because of Seung Ho I think!

After leaving the gym I decided to eat at the cafeteria with Hyun Woo.

“Yah! You did great! I’m proud of you!! So I’ll treat you an ice cream!” he said.

“Thanks Hyun Woo ahh!! I’m also proud of you… You’re also accepted!! So when will be the results?”

“Uhmm... I think it would be on Friday then the practice will start next week!”

“Ohh.. that’s great!” I replied.

We were walking towards home while eating his treat Ice Cream… I always feel comfortable whenever I’m with him… I feel safe and happy of course! Well because he’s my friend and he’s also the cousin of Seung Ho.

“Ohh.. Here’s your home! Aren’t you going in?” I said while we were standing in front of the gate. It’s really big and beautiful.

“Can I walk you home? I just wanna see where you’re living.”

“Uhmm.. Alright then! Let’s go!”

I was startled when he grabbed my hand and asked me where we were going. We ran on the slope and went to my direction. We stopped for a while breathing helplessly while laughing.

“Ahhhh… I’m tired!” I said.

 “Eu.. Eunn.. Rii.. ahh.. Look behind you!!! The… the… Do.. DOG!!! IS CHASSIINGG USS!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!! AHHH!!!”

“AHHHHH!!!!! HYUN WOO WAIT FOR MEEE!!!!!” I ran as fast as I could to catch up to him but he’s way to fast… AIIISSHHH!! How will I escape from this Dog!! Oh my gosh!!! I’m DEAD!!!

Then finally I reached him…

“Whooaa.. You’re fast!” I said while panting.

“Hahahaha!! Look at your face! You look so pale!” he said while laughing out loud and pointing at me like child.

“HAHAHAHA!! You’re SUCH!! I’m gonna KILL YOUU!!”

We laugh and laugh until we’re out of breath and thank God we reached our house!

“Whoaa.. finally were here! Wanna come inside for a drink?”

“Alright then!”

KIM EUN RI’S RESIDENCE

“Hi honey! Who is he?” my mom said after kissing me on the cheek.

“Mom this is Lee Hyun Woo”

“Hi Mrs. Kim, nice to meet you!”

“Ohh… so he’s the one you got a debt to?”

“Uhmmm.. ahaha.. yess mom! Oh I almost forgot I didn’t pay you for that! Just wait here I’ll get some money” I rushed upstairs while my mom invited him to sit on the couch while waiting for me.

“Thanks Mrs. Kim”

“Oh it’s alright… just wait here I gonna get some drinks!”

I looked at their house and it’s already 5:30 pm… oh it’s already dark. I smiled while I looked at the picture frames hanging on the wall. I saw Eun Ri and her brother together… they look so similar with each other just like twins. Then their family picture… “Eun Ri’s so cute here!” I said while holding the frame then suddenly I heard her rushing downstairs.

“Sorry if I took so long to get some money… here! Thanks for lending me some!” she handed me the money.

“No just keep it… it’s alright!”

“No please just take this! I owe you many… so I want you to have this!” I insisted.

“So if that’s want you want… ok!”

“Hahaha… thanks Hyun Woo!”

Then my mom went to the living room and handed us the drinks. We were so thirsty because we ran to the fullest then laugh and laugh.

“You two are so thirsty!” mom said.

“Yes mom because we were chased by a DOG!” I said gulping for more water then I looked at Hyun Woo and smiled at him.

“Hahaha… Yes Mrs. Kim!”

“Oh Gosh! Thanks that you two are safe!!”

Then we both laughed and few minutes later he went home. This day is so unforgettable even though that punk Ji Yeon almost ruined my day! Thanks again to Hyun Woo!! He’s the best!