Chapter 4 - Evil

This Tragic Tale

Younggi's eyes fluttered open. Everything was blurry at first. All she could see was a silhouette of a person looking down at her. Her vision was starting to get clear. She could finally see who the person was. It was a woman in her mid 30s. Specifically, it was her aunt, Yi YeonHo. She was smiling widely at her. She looked creepy. Actually, A LOT creepy. Younggi's head was pounding. Her hand jerked up to her head, trying to withstand the pain. "Calm down, sweetie. You're just tired and over depressed. Go to sleep, honey." *Why is she being so nice all of a sudden?* Younggi wanted to get up and chase her aunt out of the room. They've never been in the same room THIS long before. There was just something fishy about this. Her eyes disobeyed her. They were getting very heavy and everything went black. 

--- 

She looked at her niece who was sleeping soundly. An odd smile formed on her lips. She sat down beside her and her hand. "My poor dear niece. Don't worry dear, I will end your suffering and help you. For now." She said with a lopsided smile. 

--- 

Tomorrow was the day. The day where Princess Yi Younggi becomes Queen Yi Younggi. Where she'll rule the land. Where she was finally able to let go. Younggi remembered her aunt's words. 

"Younggi-ah, I understand how you feel and I know if your father sees you in this condition, he won't be pleased. He's gone. You got to keep moving on." Those very words made her snap. She had been selfish all this time. Everyone worried and cared about her. While Younggi, herself didn't even think about all those people. She realised that she only thought of herself. She made the decision to let go of the past and think about the future. She was crying. This time, because of happiness. Younggi wiped her face and walked towards the lake. Yes, that's right. She comes here everyday, even today. She bent down and ran her fingers through the water. It was getting dark. The sun was starting to disappear. Younggi stood up and looked at the sunset. The wind was blowing her hair. "Abbeoji." She said. "Are you proud of me?" She wiped her tears off her cheeks. Younggi was weeping silently. She was interrupted by a tap on her right shoulder. When she turned around, Jonghyuk was smiling at her, offering his hand. "It's time to go my lady." She accepted his hand and he walked her, towards the Royal Carriage. She stepped in. Her aunt was already inside. It was really surprising. Her aunt had been helping her prepare. She wasn't convinced at first, but her aunt looked sincere. *All those rumours about her must be wrong.* 

Or so she thought... 

--- 

It was midnight. Everything would be dark if it wasn't for the moon. The silent night was accompanied by the sounds of hooting owls and crickets. The palace's gate creaked open. A hooded woman crept out without anyone noticing. She quickly closed the gate before anyone could see her. And then she ran. As hard as she could. She didn't turn around. Not even once. She ran through the woods and finally slowed down upon reaching a small cottage deep in the forest. She walked slowly towards the door and opened it. She came inside, closing the door behind her. She pulled down her hood. The place was full of books. Shelf by shelf. There was a cauldron in the middle of the room. "Harabbeoji??" She whispered. "Harabbeoji?? Are you there?? " She called again. A hand landed on her shoulder. She squealed. "Calm down, my child. I am here." An old man wearing a black robe with a long white beard stared back at her. He wobbled towards a bookshelf and pulled out a very old looking book. He was using a stick to support himself. "What is it, my child?" The woman fixed herself and stood straight. She came near the old sorcerer. Yes. This vulnerable looking old man was a sorcerer, a very famous and high-recommended one indeed. "Harabbeoji. What's taking you so long? We are running out of time, the ceremony is nearing." The old sorcerer chuckled. "Be patient, my child. Soon, I promise you. It will be soon." 

--- 

Younggi was fixing her hair. Her nanny had always done it for her but this time, she insisted on doing it herself. It was a mess!! "Miss? Are you ready yet?" Younggi opened the door. "Well? Am I not beautiful to you?" Her nanny blinked at her. And then she laughed. "I shouldn't have let you do your hair on the first place." She laughed out loud. Younggi pouted. "It's a disaster right?" Her nanny tried to stifle her laughter and nodded. Younggi sighed and her shoulder fell. Just then, Jonghyuk came in, tossing an apple in the air before catching it again. His gaze fell on Younggi. He blowed a raspberry (not sure bout this. ?) and chuckled. "What a beautiful young lady you are, my queen." Younggi pouted again. After a while, her hair was finally done by her nanny. "There." She said, adding a few final touches. Jonghyuk was now munching his apple. "So," he said with his mouth full. "Ready to go to the lake??" Younggi stared at him in confusion. "How did you-" "I know you too well, my lady." He cut in. All three of them laughed at what he said. Younggi turned to Jonghyuk. "This, time I want to be alone." She eyed him. 

--- 

Younggi breathed out. She kept glancing behind her, trying to spot if Jonghyuk was hiding, spying on her. No one was there and she was very happy. She gazed at the beautiful lake infront of her. "Abbeoji, Ommoni. I hope you are happy over there." She smiled. "Abbeoji! Ommoni! Saranghae!" She imagined her parent's faces. Eventhough she never saw her mother's face, she had always pictured her mother in her head. The throning ceremony was an hour away. She will be home by then but right now all she wants is to be right here. 

Younggi didn't realise it but somebody else was there, watching her.behind the bushes, the old sorcerer was reading a spell. Someone was beside him. It was Yi YeonHo, Younggi's aunt. King Sejong's sister. Younggi was still there, sitting on the grass and enjoying the view while remembering her parents. The spell was finally done. Out of nowhere, a shadow shaped like a big hand grabbed her feet swiftly. She tried to break free but the shadow was too strong for her. It dragged her into the lake. Younggi did everything to get away but it was useless. Her body splashed into the lake. Younggi couldn't swim. She kept sinking and floating, trying her best for air. The water brought her further into the heart of the lake. The water started swirling around her, forming a whirlpool. In a blink of an eye, the whirlpool vanished into thin air, swallowing Younggi with it. The old sorcerer rubbed his hands in satisfaction. "That'll take care of it." "Harabbeoji." "Yes?" "Where will she go?" YeonHo asked. The old sorcerer raised his eyebrow and smirked. "Oh, somewhere far away. Somewhere where she'll suffer. Somewhere, in another universe where she'll never come back." An evil grin formed on King Sejong's Sister's lips. "Great. Just what I wanted." 

--- 

The boys are reappearing in the next chapter. FINALLEH. XB If you're here cause my friend, Ffieyy told you to, *Bows 180 degrees several times* Kamsahamnidaa.... ^^ Thanks to all who viewed too. XD