Chapter 11 - School

This Tragic Tale

Gee took a deep breath. She pulled on her bag strapped on her shoulder. Gee fiddled with her fingers, trying to force out the anxiety which was eating her up. She lifted her head and stared at the building right before her eyes.

 

#Earlier that morning.#

Everyone ate breakfast in silence. JR was still pissed at Gee for disappearing last time. Aron cleared his throat.

"Uh, so.. You ready, Gee?" Gee turned to him, bewilderment evident in her eyes.

"For what?"

"School, of course." Aron replied, making it sound like it was pretty obvious.

"Wait,wait,wait. What?!" JR asked.

"Shool" Aron repeated, his mouth full.

"Hold it, hold it. I don't get you." Aron stuffed his last spoonful of cereal while the others waited for him.

"I signed her up for school."

JR stared at him in disbelief. "Uh. When-" He shook his head. "How come I didn't know?!?"

Aron scoffed. "I don't need to tell you my every move, do I?? I'm an adult. I can do-" Their arguement was interrupted by Baekho who had his hand raised. Baekho regretted his decision later when they all stared at him. He felt so tiny.

"Uh, sorry but uh.. Ummm.. It's just- How did you get her through? I mean she has no I.D, no nothing." Aron snickered. He pulled out an envelope from under the table and threw it on the table. Minhyun picked it up and opened it.

"Whoaa~" He said, slowly taking out the contents. Everything from Gee's Birth Certificate to her own Identity Card were in there. It was completely perfect. There were her medical records and even her family history. Gee herself was starstrucked.

"How the heck did you get these hyung?" Minhyun questioned, still amazed. Aron chuckled.

"I have my.. Heheh, connections."

"You did all of this and you didn't even tell me? What the hell hyung?" JR glared.

"I AM AN ADULT. I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD." They started having their little childish quarrel again.

 

"YOU GUYS!!!" Ren yelled.

"WHATT?!"

"I hate to point it out to you, but we're running late."

"Oh, ."

---

And here she was, infront of the school gates. For some reason, sweat trickled down her face. Aron patted her shoulders and pushed her.

"Well, go on. I gotta head out to college. Remember Gee, don't do anything weird. Take care of her, guys."

Aron saluted as the car went off. Gee was glued to the spot. Baekho smiled at her and held out his hand.

"Let's go."

---

"You must be Kim Gee." Gee nodded nervously.

"She's my cousin. She just moved to Seoul." JR nonchalantly stated, replaying what Aron told him to say. The principal ran through Gee's files, his eyes rapidly darting through the page. After awhile, he looked up at JR.

"Alright, Jonghyun. She'll be in your class. So since you're already here, why don't you take her there."

"Yes sir." JR and Gee bowed and went out.

"And while you're on that, show her around will you?"

"Neh.." JR answered. He closed the door to the principal's office and speed-walked pass Gee. She jogged to him.

"Your name is Jonghyun?" JR kept silent.

"That's pretty common."

"SHUT. UP."

---

When they both arrived, a group of girls was surrounding the 3 NU'EST boys' desks. JR coldy went on ahead and left Gee gaping at the door. He threw his bag on his chair and sat down. JR slowly disappear around the group of girls. Baekho stood up and waved at Gee.

"Hey Gee! Over here!!" She slowly walk towards him. The boys sat next to each other, right in the very front row. As she walked, about every girl in the class was throwing daggers at her. Baekho looked around the class to find an empty seat for her. There was one, but it was at the back of the room, so he politely asked the girl who was seating next to him to move. The girl was clearly flustered but she did as she was told. Baekho eye-smiled as Gee sat down.

"First period is History." Baekho said. The group of girls slowly clear away when 3 boys walked in. The noisy class settled down and people started whispering. All 3 boys were charming but evil-looking. Gee stared at them. The boy in the middle had a lollipop in his mouth. Another was wearing a beanie. And the last one was the one who made her stare. He was gorgeous and he looked like a foreigner. Minhyun caught on her and quickly tell her off.

"Yah. Don't stare!" He whispered. By the time she averted her gaze, the lollipop boy walked to her desk and tapped on it. The other two followed.

"Ooh, look who we have here. A newbie." He snickered.

"Scram, Seungcheol." Ren said. Just when they were about to argue with the boys, the History teacher walked in. He stood infront of the class with his hands on his hips.

"Choi Seungcheol! Choi Hansol! Kim Mingyu! Get back to your seats this instant!!" He yelled.

The 3 boys glared at NU'EST before slowly walking to their seats. The teacher nodded and smiled at Gee.

"Well, well. I see a new face in here. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class." Gee stood up nervously.

"Uh, H-hi. My name's Yi- I mean, Kim Gee."

"You sure about that? You don't sound so sure to me." Seungcheol scoffed.

"Yes. I am Kim Gee, JR's cousin." She said, more confidently this time. When she mentioned JR, everyone started whispering.

"Oh, really? You are? I never knew that. Nice to meet you, Gee. I'm Kim Himchan, your Homeroom and History teacher." He introduced himself with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too, seonsaengnim." Gee nodded and sat down.

"Okay, enough chit chat." Himchan said. "Care to tell me what we're learning today? Anyone?"

"King SOJU III" Mingyu joked. The whole class boomed with laughter.

 

SLAM!! They quitened down when Himchan slammed his hand on the desk. He turned around and started writing on the white board. He pointed at it.

"King Sejong III" Gee beamed when she heard that.

"Before I start, does anyone in this class knows this guy?"

"Ooh,ooh! Me! Seonsaengnim, me!" Gee eagerly saised her hand up, jumping on her seat. *Finally, someone who REALLY cares about History.* Himchan thought and smiled.

"Mind telling the class who he is, Gee?" Gee stood up and pulled down the hem of her t-shirt. The NU'EST boys looked at her. JR flashed her a 'what-the-eff-are-you-doing?' kind of look. *Oh no, I sense trouble.* He thought. Gee cleared .

"King Sejong III," People waited for her answer.

........

...................

"is my father." Gee said proudly. For a moment, the class was silent and then everybody laughed.

"Oh, so YOU'RE his daughter." Hansol teased.

"Yes, I am indeed." Gee confidently said, bringing a lot more laughter from the class.

"Now I know why JR means Junior ROYAL." Hansol said.

"Because his stupid excuse for a cousin, is royalty!"

"QUIT IT." JR growled. He looked away and face-palmed himself. The whole class was now roaring with laughter.

"SILENCE!!!" Himchan raged. He turned to Gee. "Very funny, young lady. You can now stand up for the rest of the class, YOUR HIGHNESS."

JR ruffled his hair in annoyance and frustration. He let out a heavy sigh. *This is gonna be a looooooong day.*

 

---

 

It's me, Zeerah. This chap is a bit too long for my liking.

Sorry about that. I thought I needed practice for my English Test tomorrow.

Hope the chap doesn't turn out bad. X/ Read, comment and subscribe please!! Thank you! o3o <3