After Effects

A Singer's Love Story

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                The weekend had come. Today was Saturday, and I had plans to go shopping with Kevin and Minho. However, the second I stood up from my bed, my legs went through an intense sharp shock and I crumpled to the floor like a piece of paper. The pain was excruciatingly bad, and I realized that I couldn’t move. To avoid waking Jonghyun up, I tried not making any noise. I struggled getting to the bathroom to get ready for the unfortunate day. Sadly, I decided I wasn’t going to go shopping today. I would have to call Kevin and Minho later to tell them.

                I sat on the toilet, massaging my hips. My entire legs felt sore and wobbly; my hips went through a sharp pain everytime I moved. I knew that by then I should have just stayed in bed. What happened was probably the result of what happened from yesterday’s run. Ugh…curse that Jonghyun.

                “HURRY UUUUUP,” I heard a low, grumbly voice bellow. It couldn’t have been anyone but Jonghyun.

                “Shut up, dinosaur,” I replied. Oh great, how am I supposed to get out of here without him knowing?

                “I have to pee! And who are you callin’ a di—”

                “Hold it in pabo!”

                “But—,”

                “OKAY STOP COMPLAINING!” I interrupted. I can’t deal with so much complaining in one day, not to mention the first five minutes of the morning. I held in my breath, stood up, and rushed out of the bathroom.

                “You okay?” Jonghyun turned around and asked.

                “Do you always sleep without a shirt on?” I asked back.

                “Do you not?” he wittingly replied, one hand on his hips.

                “Whatever…just go,” I rolled my eyes -- I didn't want to argue with him even more.

                Jonghyun went inside. I sighed as I was relieved from his questioning. I swear I had less than a minute to get ready and leave before he could ask again.

                “I’ll just go to Minho’s room and call Kevin over…” I mumbled, wondering about how to escape the questioning.

                I just changed into a pair of jeans, my wallet, my phone and left.

 

Kevin’s POV

 

                I woke up to a loud yell that I made out to be, “WOW LOOK AT THE VIEW!”

                I laughed at Taemin’s immaturity and rolled over in bed. Then, I remembered that Ha yeon and Minho and I was to go shopping. I rolled over to check my phone, and there was a message from Ha yeon.

                Kevin-ah~ I hav some bad news…so meet me in Minho’s room?

                I wondered what this bad news was. I jumped out of bed and Taemin excitedly greeted me.

                “Hyung! Good morning!” Taemin beamed. “Look how nice it is outside! Being on the 3rd floor is awesome!”

                I took a quick look just to not come off as a jerk. “That’s great Taemin.” I ruffled his hair. “Um…I have somewhere to go today so I’ll be leaving, alright?”

                He stared at me silently for a while. “Okay!” he then excitedly answered. Taemin is just like a little kid.

                I got ready and left the dorm. I traveled to the 4th floor and knocked on Minho’s door.

                Minho opened the door and said, “Oh hey you’re here.”

                “Yeah,” I said. “What happened?”

                “Ha yeon got hurt yesterday from running,” he said, letting me in and closing the door.

                “Really?” I tried looking for Ha yeon.

                “She’s in the bedroom, she might be sleeping right now.”

                “Ohh Minho what is up with your room?” I asked, surprised at how much bigger it was…and that he had his own dorm.

                “Don’t know…I just—,”

                “I KNOW RIGHT THAT’S WHAT I THOUGHT!” a girl, of course Ha yeon, yelled from Minho’s room.

                I laughed and walked in. “Good morning, Ha yeon.”

                “Good morning. You won’t believe what happened to me yesterday.”

                Ha Yeon told me everything that did, from Jonghyun yelling at her, challenging her, then acting stupid…it was cute that she was telling me the story…but isn’t she a bit too excited to talk about Jonghyun? Yeah, he’s in SHINee and all, but so is Minho. I don’t see her talking about him all the time. Oh well. It's probably cuz Jonghyun's been her idol crush for the longest.

                “But yeah,” she sighed and hugged a pillow. “I hate Jonghyun. And my hips hurt a lot. And I’m sorry for having to cancel this thing together.”

                “It’s okay, we can still do stuff,” I smiled.

                “I think I’m gonna make some breakfast,” Minho suggested, clapping his hands together.

                “Oh! I’ll help!” Ha yeon said. I smiled since I was expecting that reaction. She always liked food and cooking.

                “No you should get some rest,” Minho said.

                “Yeah you really should. Otherwise you’ll never survive the hardships of an idol!” I joked.

                “Yah, Kevin don’t mention that!” she lightly punched me in the arm. Nevertheless, she eagerly got up, and slowly walked to the kitchen.

                “Oh…hmm…I was going to make some pancakes…but I’ve run out of flour,” Minho said.

                “I can go get some for you,” I said.

                “Can you? I’ll make the other stuff while you go get it,” Minho smiled.

                “Yup, I’ll go to the convenience store, so it won't take long.”

                “I wanna come!” Ha yeon grinned and put on a jacket.

                “You’re too weak!” I joked and started for the door. Naturally, she followed.

                “Ha yeon, you're never gonna be able to debut that way,” Minho added to the joke.

                “You guys are mean!” she moped. “I can walk! It just hurts a bit!”

                “Fine, fine,” I said, putting my arm around her. “Don’t complain a block later, okay?”

                “I won't!” she delightfully pranced over to me. She's always so cute.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                I wonder what was wrong with his leg. He probably thought he’d get away from my questioning, yeah right. I’ll ask him right now—

                I walked out of the bathroom, only to find no one here. Oh great, Jonghyun, of course he would’ve left. I sighed and decided to go see what Key was up to.

                When I did however, I saw Kevin and Ha yeon together walking. They were awfully close for friends…but then again, why the hell would I care right? I was walking in the same direction as them, so I kept my distance, quietly observing every movement so that they wouldn’t look back and think I was stalking them.

                I could faintly make out what they were saying, stuff like:

                “Do you want me to buy it for you?” Kevin said.

                “Yes! I want it!” Ha yeon excitedly replied.

                Kevin laughed and said, “Okay, I’ll get it along with the pancakes.”

                Damn. They sound like a cute couple. Wait what?!

 

________________________________________________________

update update u v u ;