The Reason

A Singer's Love Story

Ha yeon's POV

 

                “Alright guys. Sorry, I didn’t explain this earlier. Lemme tell you why I’m pretending to be a boy,” I mumbled to myself on my bed in case I ever had to explain why I was a girl and tricked everyone. I feel terribly strange about what I’m doing all of a sudden. I mean, who wouldn’t? You’re practically living with a strange man and you’ll never be able to find a straight boyfriend.

                But honestly…I really haven’t explained why I’m doing this. It is strange, but it’s in the past now.

                I’m doing this simply because I need to. Not to oversimplify my situation but all these dramas with girls pretending to guys and all because they’re “helping their friend or brother out” doesn’t exactly cut it for me. I’m doing this because 1. I made a video online and people actually believed and know me as a male. 2. I’m used to acting as a guy because… 3. The way girls treat other girls, I realized, is one of the scariest things to ever exist. And I’m practically scarred for life because of that.

 

Flashback

 

Narrator’s POV

 

                “Tch! Look at this wimp!” a blonde, skinny, tall girl scoffed.

                “I hate her guts,” one of her “minions” added.

                “Why do you think you’re so good enough to just do that huh?” another one said.

                “Stay away from Minho!”

                “He thinks you’re annoying anyway!”

                “Are you just gonna stand there with your head down, idiot? Are you deaf? Are you blind? Mute?! Why won’t you say anything?” the blonde girl yelled.

                Ha Yeon was the victim. She just stood there…unable to say anything. The blonde girl, Nita, had already done this for a week straight after she began liking Minho. Apparently, she could get anything she wanted, and people never said anything back because they were afraid of her too. Ha Yeon really did only keep her head down. She couldn’t cry because there was no use…no one was around. Even if she got beat up, she might as well let them, because no one ever came by the back of the school.

                “DAMN YOU’RE SO ANNOYING!!!” Nita, the blonde girl, slapped Ha Yeon at last.

                Ha Yeon fell to the ground and touched her slapped cheek. She wanted to cry so bad, but she held it in.

                “Nita, I think we should go…you were kinda loud there…someone mi—”

                “SHUT UP! I can’t believe I didn’t do this on the first day of bullying you,” Nita said.

                Nita grabbed Ha Yeon by the hair and said right at her face, “Now…if you don’t stop following Minho around like a whiny pain in the , I’ll give you this,”

                Nita showed her hand, equipped with a huge ring that would definitely scar.

                “Do you wanna know how it feels like? It’ll hurt. It’ll hurt so bad that maybe you’ll leave this school,” Nita smirked. “You give me so much trouble. You make me always think that Minho has to pay attention to YOU and not on himself. It’s SO annoying!”

                “Nita!” one of her minions screamed.

                “SHUT UP I SA—OMO!” Nita turned around and let go of Ha Yeon when she saw Kevin standing there.

                “Get outta here,” Kevin said.

                “Ke-kevin…wait this is—”

                “Save it.”

                Nita and her group immediately left.

                Kevin went up to Ha Yeon and said, “I’m pretty sure you’re not alright, so do you want a hug?”

                Ha Yeon ever so slightly nodded and Kevin wrapped his arms around her.

                Her teardrops came flowing out like a river.

 

End of Flashback

 

Narrator’s POV

 

                Jonghyun was standing in front of Ha Yeon, who was still lying on her bed.

                “A-are you crying?”

                Ha yeon turned around and wiped her tears.

                “Yah, answer me…” Jonghyun tried sounding sincere.

                “—o a—y…” Ha yeon mumbled.

                “What?”

                “Go awayyyyy.”

                “I won’t if you don’t tell me what’s wrong,” Jonghyun sat on Ha yeon’s bed.

                Ha yeon kicked Jonghyun, but he wouldn’t budge. The harder Ha yeon kicked, the more hard it was to move Jonghyun.

                “You’re so weak,” Jonghyun laughed.

                “Yah! You’re so mean!” Ha yeon pushed Jonghyun off the bed.

                Before Jonghyun fell, he grabbed onto Ha yeon’s shirt and well…they both ended up on the floor together.

 

Jong Hyun’s POV

 

                “Owwwww!” Ha Yeon jokingly yelled. “Get off! You’re so fat!”

                I looked at his face…even thought he was smiling, it was all red and I could see the dried tears he didn’t wipe off. I really wondered what happened…

                Ha yeon pushed me off and said, “Aish…you can’t listen to anyone can you?!”

                I stared at Ha yeon without saying anything…I did this without noticing. I only noticed when Ha yeon just confusedly stared back at me.

                “Ahem,” I looked away. “Now that you’re in a better mood, tell me what happened.”

                “Never,” Ha yeon got up.

                As a reflex, I got up and followed him. “Seriously, why were you crying?”

                “Who said I was crying?!” Ha yeon weakly denied and took a box of cereal down from the cabinet.

                “You just happen to have tear streaks on your face?!” I touched his cheeks where the tears were. Ha yeon’s cheeks were really…really soft. NO WHAT THE HELL AM I THINKING?

                Ha yeon looked at me like I committed the worst crime in the world and covered his cheek. Awkward much?

                “AHAHAHAH…” I nervously laughed and ruffled his hair.

                “Ugh, screw your height!” Ha yeon smirked.

                “Haha, oh yes, the benefits of height,” I boasted, as well as changing the topic.

                “Watch me get Minho to get revenge on you,” he glared.

                “Nahh, I’m too cool. Minho’s too nice.”

                “As if! He’ll do anything for me!”

                “What is he, your boyfriend?” I joked. No but seriously, doesn’t Minho ever think Ha yeon has extremely…feminine features? Would they actually be dating? Would it be possible?

                Ha Yeon gaped at what I said and growled, “I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!”

               

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                I grabbed Jonghyun by the collar of his shirt. How can he say that?! Why would he think that?!

                “Okay okay! Jeez kid, calm yo !”

                I let go of him and stomped to my bed.

                As I tried falling asleep, I thought: yeah, I know I was sad at first…seeing that I really didn’t have girl friends, but male ones instead.

                It doesn’t matter to me though. I mean, after all, it’s way more interesting this way, and sometimes, you just need to have a good friend.

                Jonghyun is a jerk.

                But I’m sorry Minho, I kind of like him.

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

ohoho so ha yeon's starting to have some feelings for jonghyun :3