I Spy

A Singer's Love Story

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                Wait. Were they going out for breakfast together or something? What about Minho? I thought Ha yeon said that he was really good friends with him too. And why did their conversation sound as if they were a couple? Confused and nosy, I decided to follow them a little longer.

                “Is your leg really okay?” Kevin asked. Oh. So Ha yeon’s leg really was injured.

                “Yeah I’m okay. I’ll just go kill that dinosaur later. I’ll make him pay for what he did,” Ha yeon said, clenching his fist. That dinosaur…was he talking about me?!

                I followed them incognito until I realized they went into a convenience store. I thought they were going to eat breakfast together. Or…they’re making it? Together? In a room? Alone? i suddenly imagined the Kevin and Ha yeon walking into Kevin’s dorm and then getting all touchy-feely with one another. I shuddered at the thought and paranoid for some reason, I slid into the store also. If they catch me, then at least I could say I was here by chance…not stalking.

                “No this one is better!” Ha yeon said, grabbing a certain brand of pancake mix.

                “That one is too cheap,” Kevin put the box back.

                “Why do you need to buy more expensive ones?” Ha yeon protested. “It’s just breakfast!”

                Kevin sighed and mocked, “Fine. Whatever princess.”

                “Yah, don’t make fun of me.”

                Princess? Is that how they make fun of each other? Probably because Ha yeon looks like a girl sometimes right? If I hadn’t heard Ha yeon say it was a joke, I would’ve believed that Kevin liked…

                Kevin turned around and suddenly we locked eyes. I shifted my eyes towards a box of ramen and looked back up. Kevin smiled and said to Ha yeon, “Oh, looks like Jonghyun is here too.”

                Ha yeon jerked his head towards me and glared. I stood there, waiting for someone to break the awkward silence.

                “Jonghyun!” Ha yeon flopped over with her limp legs. “Do you see how I’m walking? It’s all because you were all stupid yesterday. You owe me!”

                Although I didn’t like being treated like this, I didn’t want to get any of us in trouble. I bowed my head and said, “I’m sorry.”

                When I looked up, both Ha yeon and Kevin had an intense look of shock and embarrassment on their faces.

                “Should we go?” I fakely smiled and walked out.

 

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                W-what the hell was wrong with him? Did he just look cute for once? I thought I was over that jerk, how could he just play with my feelings like that? How dare he smile when I’m just in pain?

I looked at Kevin and said, “He’s gone crazy.”

Kevin laughed and we both chased after him after paying for the pancakes and dessert rolls, which is what I wanted other than the pancakes.

                Unfortunately, we lost Jonghyun.

                “We should just go back,” said Kevin, holding his stomach. “I’m starving.”

                “Ah!” I realized. “I am too. No point looking for a stupid dinosaur.”

                We proceeded to walk back to Minho’s dorm. My hips hurt less at first since I wasn’t focused on it, but the pain was slowly coming back to a long-lasting, sharp sensation. On the other hand, arriving at Minho’s dorm, we saw something else that caused more annoyance than my hips.

                “Oh hai guys,” Jonghyun smiled, sitting at the table.

                “What the HELL are you doing here?” I yelled.

                “I was worried about Minho,” Jonghyun got up and hugged Minho.

                “I’m telling Key,” Minho smirked at Jonghyun’s close contact. I smiled a bit at the realness of the so-called JongKey. Oh, and the height difference between the Minho and Jonghyun.

                “See?” Jonghyun said. “Now we’re all smiling! Okay let’s forget everything and eat!”

                “Fatass,” I mumbled and walked over to Minho. “Want some help?”

                “We got the pancakes,” Kevin handed the mix over to me.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                Oh is that the reason they went to buy pancakes? They were going to have breakfast together…the three of them were really as close as Ha yeon claimed, huh…

                “Go rest, pabo,” Minho said to Ha yeon.

                “No I wanna make something!” he protested.

                Kevin pinched Ha yeon’s hips and he yelled, “Ow! Don’t do that!”

                Minho and Kevin proceeded to laugh at Ha yeon. Honestly, being here made me feel a bit jealous of their friendship. Not that I wasn’t close with Minho or SHINee, but it just seems like this was the ‘true’ kind of friendship that everyone seems to want. The one that each person can rely on another, not worry about being betrayed, and is always together.

                And honestly, I felt scared of being here, like as if I stayed any longer something bad would happen. And by then, I wouldn’t have anyone to blame but myself. I felt that I shouldn’t have come in between them. I’m just like a third wheel…well fourth wheel.          

                I stood up and said, “Actually guys, I’m feeling kinda tired still.” I stretched and said, “Well, I’ll be leaving.”

                “Huh?” Ha yeon looked at me. “You’re not gonna eat breakfast with us?’

                “Nah,” I replied. “You three have fun.”

                I exited, closed the door and stood outside the dorm, leaning against the wall. I sighed and said, “There’s no room for me. There really isn’t. Get it out of your head, Jonghyun.”

                First Nicole, then Ha yeon. I only realized they have more important people in their lives than me. I shouldn’t act as if I was.

                I covered my face with my hands and said, “I don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

                “Ha yeon is a friend,” I then mumbled to myself. “He’s just a normal friend.”

                I slowly walked back to my dorm, wondering why I felt so alone all of a sudden.