Begin

A Singer's Love Story

Ha Yeon’s POV

 

                “Yah lazy, get up!” I could hear my mom yell from downstairs.

                I rolled around in my bed. I didn’t want to get up for whatever reason she wanted.

                “Are you seriously gonna be late for the first day?”

                My eyes suddenly snapped open. First day?! I saw my mom staring at me, her hands on her hips.

                “Aish…” she pushes my forehead with her finger to mock me. “Come on, how could you forget?”

                Just before she walked out, she turned around and asked, “But…are you sure you can manage this boy thing?”


                I made an ‘ok’ signal with my fingers and listened for my door to close. Thanks for being so supportive about this too…

                I sighed and jumped out of my bed, quickly getting ready. I put on some stone-washed grey jeans and a blue striped t-shirt. I grabbed everything I thought I needed…my phone, wallet, iPod, some notebooks and stuffed it into my bags.

                “Hey, look at the lazy daughter who just woke up,” Minho smiled as I walked down the stairs.

                “Shut up, I slept late okay?” I jokingly punched his arm.

                “Ready?” Kevin asked. 

                “I guess so. You guys?”

                Both Minho and Kevin nodded enthusiastically. “Going to school with a girl undercover as a boy is pretty exciting.”

                “Are you making fun of me?” I protested.

                “Yup,” Minho agreed.

                “No,” Kevin said at the same time.

                The two of them stared at each other.

                “You know, I never realized how lucky I am to have to k-pop idols as my best friends…”

                “You’re not far behind,” Kevin consoled. “Who knows, some big CEO might see consider that video.”

                That was true. After all, because of that video, the internet knows me as the mysteriously talented boy.

 

Flashback

 

                “Kevin…I’m bored…” I complained.

                He put down his book and said, “What do you wanna do then?”

                “Hehe, dude, we should make a video of us covering that one popular song that came out this month!” I said to Kevin.

                “What? Why?”

                “Imagine how much views it’ll get when they see Kevin from U-kiss singing! Besides, it’ll be good for your popularity!”

                “What about you?” he questioned. “I don’t think fans would be happy to see a girl next to me…”

                I stopped and put a hand on his shoulder, “Do I look like a girl to you?”

                “Uhh…well…not really…but—”

                “Exactly! I'll just wear some manly clothes or something, relax!” I jumped excitedly. “Let’s do it!”

                “Fine fine,” Kevin smiled.

                Recording that popular ballad song with Kevin, we had posted it onto Youtube, excited to see the response. Just a few days later, we decided to check how many views it got. Not to our surprise, it had almost 500,000 views.

                “See! I told you. Already like 500,000 views,” I pointed at the screen proudly. “Everyone’s gonna love U-kiss now.”

                Kevin sat down and scrolled down. A grin appeared onto his face and said, “Actually, everyone’s gonna love you.”

                “Huh?” I looked at Kevin, who was looking at the comments..

 

                -Omg who’s that guy in the back? He sings soo well!!

                -Isn’t that Kevin from U-kiss? Even his friends sing as well as he does!

                -AIHKDJSL THEY’RE BOTH SAO HOT.

                -Is it wrong that I think that guy (Kevin’s friend??) kinda sings better? D:

                -I really wanna know who that guy behind is!

                -Is that other guy in a new rookie group?

                -Hehe two adorable guys! <3 <3 Totally a fan now

 

                “BAHAHAHAHA!” I burst out laughing. “Everyone thinks I’m a guy! Kevin…wow.”

                Kevin pouted at me and said, “Okay so you definitely do not sing better than I do!”

                “Apparently yeah,” I stuck out my tongue at him.

                “So mean!!”

                “You know…this kind of gives me an idea…” I pondered.

                “What do you mean?”

                “Well you know…since the whole incident about me. What if I pretending to be a boy next year? In high school? No one will know me anyway except you and Minho!”

                “Are you crazy, Ha yeon? You’ll be expelled if they catch you!”

                “But—”

                “Furthermore, it’ll be a whole scandal—for the school and for you. How do you expect to be an idol then?”

                “Kevin—”

                “I know you can probably fool someone you're a guy for now, but you still are a girl you know!”

                “Kevin!”

                Kevin stopped ranting, and with widened eyes realized what he was saying.

                “I-I’m sorry. I know how you feel about me talking about your personality and…”

                “I just feel it’s not really a good idea,” Kevin lamented, avoiding my eyes.

                “I do. I can't interact…with those types of people anymore, you know. It scares me.”

                He heaved a heavy sigh. “If you’re really intent on doing this, I guess Minho and I will have to train you to be a legit boy.”

 

End Flashback

 

                I won’t regret this. I clenched my fists tighter in determination we were on the train headed to Seoul, Korea.

                We arrived at Nolae after taking about two dragging hours on the train. And the day had just started being about 8:00 in the morning now. Yeah, there was no way I was going to do this every day. Hopefully, the dorms would be nice and pretty. Nolae Performing and Visual Arts Academy High School was pretty new—only five years since it had begun. Meaning there’s been only one class of graduates, but I heard that they became very successful whatever they wanted to do.

                Kevin, Minho and I found a seat in the huge auditorium. This might be actually pretty nice to live for four years.

                “Allright kids, settle down,” said the woman up on the stage. “Good morning, and welcome to Nolae! I’m your principal, Ms. Shin. “I’m glad that you’ve all been interested in this kind of school: one that only expects the talented and hard-working…”

                Okay, so I won’t bore you with everything she said. Let’s just say she introduced everyone in the staff and talked about freshman year and whatever.

                Here’s where it all starts to become interesting.

                “Here’s your dorm number and card key, here’s a map of the school. Please proceed to your dorm now,” one of the staff explained to me and handed a blue card key, and a piece of paper.

                “What’s your dorm number?” Kevin asked.

                “Uhh 500. What’s yours? And what’s yours Minho?”

                “Mines 480,” Kevin said.

                “521,” Minho smiled. “Looks like we have the same floor at least.”

                “Aww, that’s not fair,” Kevin pouted.

                “So…which way do we go? Ohh by the way, Minho, did the rest of SHINee decide to come attend also?”

                “Yeah they did. I don’t know where they are right now though,” Minho looked around and pulled out his phone.

                “Kevin, you’re a loner,” I laughed.

                “Wae?! Just cuz they didn’t get accepted—you shouldn’t laugh at me!” Kevin pushed me away and did an aegyo crying face.

                “Ahehe, you know I was kidding,” I pat his head.

                “They aren’t answering,” Minho said. “Ohh well, when you see them, you’ll know. Just say that you’re my friend.”

                I wonder if I’ll end up meeting a lot of k-pop band members… I thought. I was smiling at that fact. Maybe I’ll even end up dorming with one of them! That’d be the best. I mean, I’m gonna have to dorm with a boy anyway. Not that it would be such a big problem…I just have to hide pads…my underwear…okay maybe I underestimated the difficulty.

                Kevin left us when we reached the 4th floor. And let me tell you, this school is humongous on the inside.

                “Aigoo…” A saw a girl crouching on the floor, and picking things off the floor.

                I walked over to her, coughed and said in my most awkward voice, “Are you okay?”

                My eyes widened, “Ohh, aren’t you Nicole from KARA?” I bent down and helped her pick up the things she dropped. Minho then also joined in.

                “Ahh, Minho, it’s Nicole from KARA! And that’s Minho from SHINee,” I introduced them.

                They smiled at each other and Nicole asked, “You’re friends with him?”

                I nodded, “Old friends.”

                “Are you from another boy band?” she asked.

                “Ahh no…” I scratched the back of my neck. I would die if I were in one though.

                “Ohh I see, hopefully you can! You’re very suitable to be an idol,” she complimented. “Uhm, I need to go now, so yeah, nice to meet you two!”

                She walked away and Minho asked smirking, “What would you do if she fell for you?”

                I choked on air since I didn’t think of that. Acting like a “boy” seemed so natural to me now.   

“Yah! What kind of question is that?! That’d be so awkward...”

                “I would laugh so much,” Minho patted me on the back.

                Damn, maybe pretending to be a boy wasn’t the best idea.

________________________________________________________________________

 

hello everybody :D

I'm back after restarting and refixing this fic~ It took a while since I haven't worked on it and forgot half the little things in the story. There isn't much difference, as I'm definitely not redo-ing the entire thing after 91238012 chapters akljsdal;sf. I've also worked out little grammar issues and improved some of the vocabulary as well.

it will still sound very fluffy, thoughhh.

But yes, here I am, hoping to continue and finish this fic once and for all ^-^