Operation Get Nicole Back With Jonghyun!

A Singer's Love Story

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                “Okay. So today we’re gonna do Plan A?” I said to Kevin. The two of us were sitting outside of the campus huddled together.

                “Woah woah what is this?” Minho stood there smirking. “Sharing some dirty secrets?”

                “Get outta here!” Kevin smiled and tried kicking Minho.

                “Tell me what you guys were talking about,” Minho nosily moved his head in between us.

                “Nope,” we both said and went back inside.

                “What is this, about me?” Minho followed.

                “Nope,” we both said.

                “Yah, then there’s no reason to not tell me…”

                “Well Kevin I’ll see you later!” I said, and rushed off to math.

---------------------------------------------------

                Jonghyun was sitting in his desk, listening to music. I immediately walked over to Nicole and said, “Good morning, Nicole!” I decided to give her a huge hug as well.

                “Ohh…” she took by surprise for a second, but I gave her a wink and she caught on. “Good morning, cutie.” She ruffled my hair.

                We both looked back at Jonghyun, but he didn’t seem to notice at all.

                “Damn,” I said and sat down.

                Nicole laughed and said, “Is this your plan?”

                “Yup. Ohh by the way, have you told Onew yet? That you're…you know…” I asked.

                “No…” she sighed. “I’m not sure how to do it. I mean, he’s just so nice. I don’t know how to put it in a good way…”

                “Ohh…well I think you should do it soon. So that there’s not too much drama, you know?” I smiled. Okay, so Nicole will hopefully peacefully break up with Onew and Jonghyun will then fall back in love with her! But…

                “I feel kinda bad for Onew though,” I gave a sad face.

                “You have feelings like a girl,” she chuckled. I widened my eyes, wondering why she seems as if she knew. “I mean,” she corrected herself. “I’m just saying that usually only girls would think about how everyone felt. You're a good guy.”

                “Thanks,” I smiled. I must be being too careless again. But guys aren’t that considerate? Should I be more tougher? But…but Kevin is really considerate...must be why I never noticed.

                Class started, but I didn’t forget about the plan. I decided to keep talking to Nicole as many times as I could, asking her for help, just chatting, and she played along as well.

                I occasionally look back to see if Jonghyun took any notice. Unfortunately, it didn’t seem that effective. He just dozed off in class.

                Frustrated, after class I decided to show some skinship. Nicole and I had the next class together anyway, so I linked arms with her and walked slowly towards our next class, hoping that he would finally notice.

                “You two are awfully close this morning,” Jonghyun walked next to us.

                “Yeah. What about it?” I happily asked. Finally you do something.

                “Nothing. It’s just all of a sudden,” he smiled as well. “Well I gotta rush, see you later!”

                Jonghyun rushed off and I said, “What…he seemed too happy about this.”

                “It’s okay, Ha yeon. Take your time. I really appreciate you doing this for me,” Nicole acknowledged.

                “It’s fine. Anyway, making a stupid dinosaur like you is hard. I don’t see what you see in that guy,” I blatantly replied.

                “Would you rather if I liked guys like you?” she asked.

                Embarrassed, I looked at her and said, “Ah…no that’s not what I meant…”

                “I was just kidding,” she smiled.

                I unlinked arms with her and thought to myself, “Oh gosh no…please, please don’t like me ever.”

                “I was just kidding,” she pulled on my shirt as we laughed and entered our Korean class.

               

Kevin’s POV

 

Flashback to last night

 

                “Okay so we attempt to make Jonghyun jealous!” Ha yeon clenched her fist.

                “And then we mention Nicole to him as many times as possible!” I clenched mines.

                “Yeah! And then we find out how he feels about her,” Ha yeon added.

                “Araso! Hwaiting!” we high-fived each other before I went back into my dorm.

 

End flashback

 

                I got a text from Ha yeon saying: “Okay part 1 of the plan is done~”

                I saw Jonghyun enter the classroom and took his seat. I decided to move to an empty seat that was always empty next to him.

                “Hey,” I said.

                “Hey,” he replied. “What’s up?”

                “Nothing. Just that have you been noticing that Nicole looks a lot prettier than usual lately?” I started.

                “Uh…well…” he stammered.      

                “I’m just saying,” I said. “But…I feel like she’s worried about something lately too…”

                “Really?” Jonghyun asked. Oh are you finally paying attention?

                “Yeah…oh Jonghyun,” I changed the subject, not sure as to how to mention her anymore.

                “What?”

                “Do you like anyone?”

                Jonghyun looked at me and then grinned, “Why are you asking this all of a sudden?”

                “Just wondering. There’s a lotta pretty girls here, right?” I leaned back in my chair, trying to act cool. I pointed to a girl in our class with curly brown hair, “Like her. Isn’t she pretty?”

                “She’s okay,” he replied. “I mean…you’re an idol too. Isn’t it a bit annoying when they’re always trying to get your attention?”

                “Well, I love my fans,” I smiled.

                “I do too, but you know sometimes it goes over the top,” he smiled.

                “Ahh anyway that’s not the point,” I realized I got carried away. “You really don’t like anyone? At all? Not even a little crush?”

                Jonghyun sat up and said, “I’d rather not talk about it.”

                “Oh?” I questioned. “Should I take that as a no then?” I laughed.

                Jonghyun laughed along. “Why? Wanted to talk about your little crush?”

                I looked at him. Oh…I don’t…but what should I say? Should I say I have a crush on Nicole? Just to bring her up again in the conversation. Chickening out, I shook my head and said, “I’m just asking.”

                “Oh. I thought you came over here to tell me about Nicole,” he said.

                “What?” I asked, surprised. He caught onto our plan?!

                “I mean, you came over here telling me that she was prettier today. I would’ve thought you liked her though. But…” Jonghyun paused. I gave a sigh of relief knowing that he didn’t actually know what I was trying to do.

                “But?”

                “Ohh…it’s nothing,” he nervously chuckled. “Forget it.”

                “Okay…”

                “You know, you’re a lot different from Ha yeon,” he said. Ha yeon? I thought we were talking about Nicole…

                “What do you mean?” I asked.

                “He looks all innocent and girly, but in reality he’s too rough and argumentative. I don’t know why you’re his friend,” he explained.

                I laughed and said, “It’s a long story.”

                “What happened?” he asked.

                “Nothin,” I instantly replied. Dammit why did I respond so fast? Now he’s gonna be suspicious. I can’t tell him Ha yeon’s a girl though…

                Fortunately, Jonghyun laughed and said, “You must take care of him really well. You and Minho, I guess…”

                “Can I be honest?” he asked me.

                “Of course,” I said.

                “I...I’m kinda jealous of you three…and your relationship with each other. So close…like you’re family. I realized that the day I crashed Minho’s room.

                “I don’t understand…I mean I’m pretty sure you have a lot of friends,” I said.

                “Well I’d rather have only two friends as close as you are to Ha yeon and Minho than a million. Minho seems even more comfortable with you two than with SHINee.”

                “We were all childhood friends so…”

                “Oh really?” he sounded surprised.

                I smirked and asked, “Yeah why? You seem surprised.”

                “No it’s just that…I don’t think I’d be able to live with Ha yeon’s personality for that long,” he laughed.

                “You get used to it,” I added and laughed along. Then I realized I was getting off onto a tangent. I’m supposed to mention Nicole, not Ha yeon! Why are you making this so hard on me Jonghyun?

                “How are things with Nicole and Onew? Do you know?” I just asked with no good segue.

                “You sure you don’t like her?” he sneered but avoided the question.

                “No really! I’m just wondering,” I denied. Think of something Kevin…you’re horrible at convincing people aren’t you? I sighed and said, “I mean…they seem a little…less close to each other now? Like at lunchtime?”

                Jonghyun thought about it for a while and said, “Now that you mention it, kind of…yes…but I don’t know why you’re really asking.”

                “I’m just wondering!”

                “Yeah, sure,” he smirked.

                “Really!”

                 Jonghyun opened the textbook and said, “Alright…let’s just stop talking about this.”

                I sat back straight and looked at him out the corner of my eye. He doesn’t seem too happy about this anymore…I mean I would be as well if my girlfriend dumped me for one of my friends. But it seems like he got over pretty well…or at least…he looks like it. But based on this conversation…I think I can come to one conclusion: either he still likes Nicole or he absolutely hates her. And he must not want to remember what happened. Most likely, however, he probably does still like her but doesn’t want to confront his feelings…

                I threw my head back, leaned against the chair and gave a sigh of agony. How are Ha yeon and I going to make this work out?

 

 

_____________________________________________________

even though i deleted this fic and redid it now i barely changed anything in the middle LOL i mean i have to keep the plotline the same and all smh.

but yehhhh I pretty much tried to improve the beginning as much as I could without making random plot holes (i hope there aren't any omg)

anywaaaays

subscribe if you like it c: and please comment and stuff i guess ahehee