Meeting

A Singer's Love Story

Ha Yeon’s POV

 

                Jonghyun and I left our dorm at the same time. Turns out we had first period and lunch together. I was feeling really tired and my eyes felt all puffy…especially since I cried a bit yesterday.

                While walking to class, I saw Kevin and Minho and I instantly brightened up.

                “OPP—uhh HYUNG!!!” I corrected myself and bounced over to them.

                “Ha Yeon, good morning!” Kevin greeted and put an arm around me.

                “You’re pretty energetic today,” Minho said.

                “It’s the first day of high school with you guys!” I beamed. When I’m with these two I can be completely natural.

                “Ahem…” someone coughed behind me. Oops. I forgot about this short- guy.

                “Excited?” Minho asked Jonghyun.

                “Absolutely not,” Jonghyun rubbed the back of his neck. “You have no idea what this guy did to me last night.” He glared at me. WHAT DID I DO?

                I stared blankly at him.

                “Yah don’t act all innocent!” he yelled.

                Is he talking about me grabbing him by his shirt? Oh please, this guy is such a sissy.

                The bell rang and we decided to separate to our classes. Heh, saved by the bell.

 

                I entered our first class, math. All of a sudden a bunch of girls surrounded Jonghyun. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Of course. Deep inside though, I kind of wish I wasn’t pretending to be a guy just so I can do what they’re doing.

                I sit down and I saw Nicole next to me, drawing.

                “Nicole-sshi!” I said. “Good morning!”

 

Nicole’s POV

 

                I looked next to me and saw the boy I met yesterday…Ha Yeon I think.

                I smiled and said, “Good morning! Looks like we have math together.”

                “Yup!” he smiled back. How adorable.

                However, in the corner of my eye, I could see very un-adorable figure glaring at me…Jonghyun. I scoffed and continued drawing.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                Argh…why doesn’t glaring work with her? Nicole…why are you being like this? Can’t…can’t we just be friends without having to remember everything…?

                I shoved my way through to an empty desk, away from Nicole. I felt pretty uncomfortable having to have class with her again and not talking to her…but I guess it’s for the best.

 

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                The school day passed by like a typical first day—no actual work, just introductory stuff. A couple periods later, the bell finally rang for lunch. Jonghyun was in this class too—biology.

                “Yah,” Jonghyun pulled on my hood.

                “What?” I bluntly asked. We haven’t talked much during the classes…so it was kind of awkward. But what I do know is that Jonghyun’s hair was ily covering his eyes so I just kept staring.

                “Tsk tsk,” he smirked. “Even guys like you fall for my looks.”

                I blinked and snapped out of it. I immediately tried to lie, “Your LOOKS? You look like a short, ugly dinosaur. I was gaping at how ugly my roommate actually was.” I started walking past him to go eat lunch.

                “S-short? Ugly? DINOSAUR?! Who do you think you are huh? I’m the great Jonghyun! All the girls love me!” he chased after me.

                “And all the guys hate you cuz you’re Jjong the annoying,” I stuck my tongue out at him and picked up my pace.

                “YAH I TOLD YOU NOT TO CALL ME THAT!” he yelled. “Aish this boy so…” he muttered to himself, although I could clearly hear him.

                I got my food and tried finding Kevin and Minho.

                “Yo!” Minho nudged me.

                “I was looking for you!” I smiled. “Where are we sitting?”

               

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                I picked up my tray of food and scanned the cafeteria. Ohh I see Key, Taemin and Onew sitting there. Then I see Minho and Ha yeon walking over there. Why the hell is Minho always there? Ha Yeon always talks about him and he’s so happy and they actually look good toget—but then again, what am I THINKING?

                Nonetheless I nudge between the two of them. Heh. ed.

                I sat down next to Key.

                “Oh? Who’re they Minho?” Key asked.

                I looked over and saw Minho, Kevin and Ha Yeon walking over. I wasn’t really surprised at that…but behind them the devil came.

                “Onew oppa,” Nicole smiled at him and didn’t even pay attention to me. RUDE MUCH?

                Nicole sat down next to Onew. Onew smiled at Nicole also, but I could see the uncomfortable glance at me through his peripheral vision. Okay…so I totally don’t want to admit it…but those two are...

                “Lucky the two lovebirds have the same lunch together,” Minho joked. Damn Onew and his gentlemanly-ness.

    “They’re dating?!” Ha Yeon gaped in surprise.

    “Ohh yeah, okay let’s introduce everyone!” Minho nudged me.

    “What am I supposed to do?” I flatly asked.

                “You always introduce the people hyung!” Taemin eagerly reasoned.

                “Fine…”

 

                After introducing everyone…although it wasn’t much…lunch ended. Ha Yeon went with Minho and Kevin to their class. Key and Taemin went to theirs…which left me with Onew and Nicole…

                “Onew…did you know over the summer I missed you a lot?” Nicole held tightly onto his arm.

Onew chuckled, turned around quickly glancing at me, turned back around and said, “It was only two weeks since we saw each other…”   

                “Still…” Nicole rested her head on his shoulder.

                STOP JONGHYUN. ARE YOU GOING TO PUT UP WITH THIS?  Are you gonna let these two treat you like this? NO, you’re not. Okay. Let’s do something.

                So, I decided to run to class.

 

Ha Yeon’s POV

 

                I sat in my desk, only hearing the teacher’s lecture about world history as background noise. I wondered about why Jonghyun didn’t like being called Jjong. I wondered about why Jonghyun always gave a scornful face at Nicole. I wondered about why Jonghyun was so cute. Wait. Scratch that. I shouldn’t be thinking about him so much! Besides, Minho warned me not to fall for him, right?

                I saw a piece of paper fall onto my desk, which broke my train of thought. I opened it:

                Watcha thinkin?

                I looked to Kevin, who was angelically smiling at me. Of course it would be him who did these cutesy things.

                I wrote on the paper: nothing. ^-^

                Kevin passed the note back after reading: Yes you are. I can tell. Don’t worry you can tell me anything <3

                I scoffed at what he wrote, cheesily smiling. I began to write: Okay, well…what would you think if I fell—f

                “Yah Kim Ha Yeon!” the teacher noticed. “Why are you smiling all creepily like that? Was I saying something funny?”

                I sat straight up in my chair, looking around without moving my head and not being able to say a word.

                “Sorry, I distracted her,” Kevin stood up and bowed a bit.

                “Hmph,” the teacher looked back down to the book. “Kids these days…” I could hear him mumble.

                I stared at Kevin. “Why did you do that?!” I whispered.

                “Well it’s true,” Kevin sat back down.

                “No I mean, you didn’t have to do that though!” I said, feeling half bad, half annoyed.

                “Well you weren't even saying anything…”

                “I could’ve thought of something! You didn’t need to take the blame for me!”

                “It’s okay…” Kevin paused. Just as I was going to speak again, he said, “I had my reasons. One of them being that you treat me for dinner.” He smiled again, but the angelic-ness had completely drained away.

                I laughed and said, “Alright, I owe you one.”

 

________________________________________

omdfjglfk i've forgotten how cute everyone is after i abandoned this fic for a while /coughcough