Competition

A Singer's Love Story

Jong hyun’s POV

 

                “Did…you really have…to go so far?” Onew breathlessly asked, dropping onto a seat next to me.

                “What do you mean?” I crossed my arms, although I knew exactly what he meant.

                “I mean…” Onew took several deep breaths. “What is this going to show? You two should…just get along.”

                “Did you even see what he did to my leg?” I reminded Onew of my leg, lifting it up.

                He facepalmed himself and sighed, “This will never end well…”

                “Whatever. He’s just a roommate. We just sleep in the same room, that’s all. We never have to talk to each other or anything,” I crudely criticized.

                They started running…and I honestly can’t deny that Ha Yeon actually can run pretty damn fast. He’s probably faster than Onew.

                “Woah, Ha yeon’s fast!” Onew acknowledged. Yep, he’s definitely faster than Onew. “Jonghyun, I think you just got owned.”

                He was running pretty unnaturally fast. I sighed, “Whatever.”

 

Ha yeon’s POV

 

                “You’re running so fast, Ha yeon!” Nicole behind me was saying, although the distance between us was getting larger.

                I slowed down for a bit and said, “Thanks, I guess…”

                She smiled and said, “I wouldn’t expect you to be so athletic. You look so fragile—like a girl almost.”

                I choked on air when she said ‘girl’. I guess I’ve become paranoid about that word in such a big environment like this, but I started to cough uncontrollably, I slowed down and, unfortunately, I collapsed onto the grass on the side.

                Nicole rushed over and asked if I was okay. I was still coughing, so I couldn’t answer. The teacher brought over a bottle of water, but I couldn’t even hold the bottle. I just laid on the grass coughing up a storm.

                Ugh…actually I can’t really run that fast…just that…that dino…he makes me angry. I just wanted to prove him wrong.

                “Hey, you okay?” a familiar voice asked.

                My coughing subsided for a bit for me to look up and there he was…the big, fat, ugly dinosaur. Okay, so he’s not ugly. But still. I annoyed with this guy right now.

                “I asked you a question, ugly,” he continued.

                “Nicole, get back onto the track,” the teacher told her. Nicole listened and left.

 

Jong hyun’s POV

 

                Even though I was annoyed with him at this moment, I couldn’t help but feel a little sorry for him. He looks as if he was going to die any moment. His coughing was less extreme, but when he looked at me, his face was completely sweaty and red.

                “Does it look like I’m okay?!” he squeezed out.

                I wasn’t really sure as to what I was going to do. I threw him my towel.

                “Eww! Why the hell do I -cough- want this?!” he threw it back. 

                “Look I was trying to help okay?” I grimaced.

                “You’re not helping!”

                I sighed. I grabbed Ha yeon by the hand and pulled him up. I could feel his hands were in cold sweat…all clammy and red. Suddenly, Ha yeon collapsed onto his knees, although he was still trying really hard to not as he held tightly onto my torso. He was definitely not okay.

                “Jonghyun…it’s all your fault…” he weakly said.

                “My fault?” I asked disbelievingly.

                I tried pulling his arms off. I didn’t even understand why he’s blaming this all on me. Unfortunately, his grasp was pretty locked although he looked like death.

                Fine, you wanna act this way? Fed up with just arguing, I picked him up ‘bridal-style’…it’s kinda gay but I really didn’t care. I expected him to be extremely light already, but he was unusually light as well.

                “Ahhhh----,” Ha yeon droned. “I feelll dizzy…”

                I smirked at how stupid he looked. Looks like he was light headed as well. I went into the changing rooms to cool him off from the sun that I didn’t seem to notice until now.

                “You okay being here with him?” the teacher asked. I nodded and he walked back out.

                “Hurry up and get better,” I pouted, laying Ha yeon face up on a bench.

                “Dun tell meh wha ta dooo!” Ha yeon replied, although he looked unconscious. What the hell? I thought to myself as I realized that Ha Yeon was actually awake.

                Ha yeon uncoordinatedly poked my cheeck—or eye, nose…I don’t know. “Bahaha…” he weakly laughed. “You’re a pabo. A really ugly pabo. That’s all you are. Yeah..”

                I grimaced at him and yelled, “Do you even KNOW who you’re calling an idiot here?! And-and what do you mean ‘that’s all you are’?! I’m the great and handsome Jonghyun!”

                “Stupppiddddd—,” he continued.

                I stood there completely speechless. What was even happening right now? I feel kind of angry, but I felt bad for the way Ha yeon was acting right now.

                Suddenly, he broke out laughing and laughed for, I swear, five minutes straight until attempting to sit up.

                “You are soooo funny, Jonghyun!” he pointed at me.

                My face was flushing and I stood there lamely, not even knowing what to say.

                Ha yeon stood up like normal and said staring straight at my eyes, “Looks like the joke’s on you. Don’t challenge me, you idiot.” He stuck his tongue out and started walking outside.

               Okay, I was officially annoyed. I instinctively pulled him back inside and said, “Care to explain?”

                “Oh, I thought the great Jonghyun would get it,” he said, overflowing with sarcasm.

                “Are you talking about how I said little kids like you can’t run?” I asked.

                “Finally you get it!” Ha yeon said. “You should’ve seen your face five minutes ago! Completely shocked and regretful!”

                “What, you decided to prank me?!” I angrily realized.

                “Well you doubted me. You owe me too. I almost died out there,” he crossed his arms.

                I scoffed and said, “You decided to run way too fast. Your fault.”

                “YOU CHALLENGED ME FIRST! YOUR FAULT!” he yelled.

                “I WAS JUST JOKING YOU IDIOT!” I retaliated in the same fashion.

                “Guys, come on,” the teacher shamefully stood by the doorway.

 

Ha Yeon’s POV

 

                I would beat the crap out of this guy right now. He was kinda rude before, but WOW he is not getting away acting like this! Ugh, if only he wasn’t cute, or in SHINee…I would make him pay. We apologized to the teacher, and walked back outside, both of us glaring at each other.

                “What just happened?” Onew asked, as he saw the two of us approaching.

                “ASK HIM,” that freaking dinosaur quickly pointed at me.

                “I didn’t even do anything!” I denied.

                “Uh—,”

                “Oh really?!” that dino yelled at me.

                “You shouldn’t have teased me then!” I yelled.

                “Guys…”

                “You’re the one that was rude to me in the first place!” he yelled.

                “No you’re the one that—,”

“GUYS BE QUIET HERE!!” Nicole created some distance between the flaring dinosaur and me. She was sweating, her face was red and she was breathing heavily.

                I immediately grabbed a towel and gave it to her, while the dinosaur actually thought of someone for once and offered Nicole his water.

-----------------------------------

                P.E. was about to end. I spent most of my time talking to Nicole, while that dinosaur was mostly talking to Onew. I didn’t know why, but I felt something in my heart die a little. Maybe it was because I’ve never seen someone treat me so rudely before. Maybe it’s because he’s ruined my vision of who ‘Kim Jonghyun’ was. Either way, I knew one thing for sure: I wouldn’t be falling in love with him after all.

 

__________________________________________________

d'aww ha yeon's and jonghyun's interactions with each other are qt :D

well anyway, this will be the end of the super chapter spam update~

subscribe if you like it...there's a lot more to this whole story ^-^