Surprise, Surprise

A Singer's Love Story

Jonghyun’s POV

 

                School has passed by pretty normally. After that first weekend, everyone kind of knew their places: how Minho, Kevin and Ha yeon were the close friends, Onew and Nicole occasionally went out somewhere and it was just Key, Taemin and me not knowing what to do.

                After the first weekend, I also found a new kind of feeling…jealousy…not romantically but a friend kind of jealousy. Sure, I had Key who I could complain to (and I did), but I just still felt that there wasn’t anyone special enough. Then again, I still didn’t know what the hell I was talking about.

                Today was another new week of school. It’s already been a month since it’s started.

                “Morning,” Ha yeon greeted me at the table, eating some toast. We already made up during that weekend. I think we both agreed to stop yelling at each other as much for superficial reasons.

                I grabbed a piece of toast as well and said, “SHINee has a program today. So I’m probably not gonna be back until really late.”

                “Psh like I care. Not like you're my boy—,” Ha yeon paused. He smiled and said, “I mean it’s not like we’re brothers or…anything.”

                I scoffed and said, “Whatever kid.”

 

Ha Yeon’s POV

 

                After school I looked for Kevin.

                “Ah here you are,” I said, sitting down at the cafeteria with him.

                “I was just about to text you too,” he smiled. “I think Nicole will be coming here soon too.”

                I smiled and said, “School’s getting really tiring! I can’t wait until Thanksgiving! I wanna eat a lot!”

                “Are you gonna go home for that?” Kevin asked.

                “Huh?”

                “I mean, are you gonna go visit your family?” he clarified.

                “Oh…I haven't thought about that,” I said. I haven't thought about my family at all recently. Feeling bad, I said, “I probably am. Are you?”

                Kevin smiled and said, “Yeah. But I was just wondering—”

                “Oh! Nicole!” I noticed her walking towards us.

                She waved and said, “You guys waited long?”

                I shook my head and looked back at Kevin, whom I realized I interrupted. “Ohh sorry. What were you saying?”

                Kevin looked away and said, “Ah nothing. Wasn’t important.”

                Is something wrong? Usually he tells me even if I accidentally interrupted. Oh well. “Oh so Nicole. Are you gonna visit your family during the holidays?”

                “Holidays? Are there any soon?” she asked.

                “Well no, but Kevin and I were just talking about it,” I laughed.

                “I probably won't,” she said.

                “Why not?” Kevin and I both asked.

                “Erm…well…” she had a serious look on her face. “Let’s just say things are not that great at home.”

                “Ohh…what are you gonna do then? If a lotta people leave to go home, won’t you feel lonely?” I asked.

                “No, I think I’ll be fine,” she smiled.

                “Ohh okay…”

                “How’s things with Onew?” Kevin curiously asked to break the tension.

                Nicole gave Kevin an appalled expression, as if she were hoping that no one would mention it. She scratched her neck and said, “It’s alright.”

                There was an awkward silence before Kevin said, “Did you want to talk about it? I mean, we’re both good listeners.”

                “Yeah, it seems like there’s some tension between you guys?” I added.

                “No…there’s nothing. I mean nothing serious,” she said.

                Another awkward silence. This time, Nicole broke it and said, “Actually guys. Can you help me with something?”

                We both agreed. She added, “Promise that you two won't get mad at me.”

                We both agreed again.

She looked at us and said, “I…I used to be dating Jonghyun.”

                “Mwoh?!” I yelled, surprised. She used to date that rude, fat dinosaur?

                She chuckled and said, “But during this summer, I did a summer extra-curricular project, and it just so happened that Onew was there too.”

                We listened intently. I knew where this story was headed for.

                “And…I kind of ended up liking him. And so I broke up with Jonghyun and then asked Onew out…”

                Yup. And now she’ll say that she was wrong. Is it just me, or is this like the typical love story in a drama or something?

                “…and now I kind of realize that I shouldn’t have done that. I still really like Jonghyun.”

                I knew it. I should be a love predictor or something. Bahaha. But on the serious note, I think she’ll ask us to get them back together.

                “So I was wondering…”

                “Want us to get you two back together?” both Kevin and I said at the same time. We looked at each other and smiled.

                “Yes!” Nicole sighed out of relief. “I was so worried you guys would get mad at me and deny helping me.”

                “I think we can handle it,” Kevin made a thumbs up.

                “Thank you! You two are the best! I don’t know how to pay you two back!” Nicole bowed three times. “Oh but please keep this a secret, especially from the rest of the SHINee members.

                “Can do,” I smiled.

                Some reason I felt cool being in this kind of secretive operation.

                As Kevin and I walked back to the dorms when it got later, we high fived each other and talked about some tips about how to do this.

----------------------------------

 

                I went back to my own dorm and got a dessert roll to snack on. I thought about what Nicole asked us to do. Suddenly realizing that I hadn’t thought about Onew at all…I was hoping that something bad wouldn’t happen. I reasoned that since she didn’t really like him anyways, it would be best if they just broke up. Besides, she was going to tell him right? I didn’t want to cause any unnecessary trouble…

                I wasn’t sure why, but I felt a bit happy about doing this. Maybe it was because I was trying to get over Jonghyun after realizing that he wasn’t the right person—I mean I only liked Jonghyun as an idol crush. I probably thought that would somehow that would make things better.

Since Jonghyun wasn’t coming back until real late, I wasn’t worried about making dinner. Instead, I decided to watch some TV and finish up my homework before I dozed off on the couch.

 

____________________________________________________________

sldkjflsd i should really update more often aka upload all these chapters i have =-=

but i feel bad about doing a spam update sometimes lolol