Embracing the future

The Murders in Busan

Reader's POV

Yongguk was standing there. One the cliffs. Unaware of the murder years ago. He often went there. It had become his sanctuary after he and his brother was left alone. Here, he could breath. Here, he could clear his thought. Here, he could think of Himchan in privacy.

He looked up to the cloudy sky, slowly forming a rain cloud. He smiled. The cloud was shading the sun and the cold soon took in,  but he didn't care. His coat was still open and he still had a smile ion his lips. His scarf was just loosely hanged around his neck, and not warming much, but he liked it. The suffocating cold that would take in. The cold that reminded him of his parents and older sister. 

It was at a time like this they had left. Yongguk being grown up and wanted to become a famous underground rapper, and his brother Junhong wanted to never be apart from him. And so, what could he do? He loved his brother and could never deny him anything. And today, they live together in a beautiful house. He often being in his own room writing songs, and his brother helping or playing outside. But after the boy named Jongup, Junhongs only friend, also left them, his brother was never the same.

It had started to rain. The small and light drops kissing his pale and cold cheeks. He closed his eyes and waited for the thunder. But it never came. Instead came sounds of sirens. Police cars. He turned around and, just as he thought he was met by four police men. And buy a car a bit away, he saw his officer. He never registered when he stopped smiling, but he knew he was now.

The four men didn't care about him, like he was some ghost or something. And so he didn't care about them. He was focusing on officer Himchan. His officer Himchan. The men around him was putting up small papers and looked around for something. And eventually asked him to step away from the cliffs and walk over to the officer.

"Yongguk?"

Himchan looked with big and surprised eyes at him. And inwards, Yongguk was jumping with joy that he remembered his name. Himchan tilted his head, waiting for a response, but didn't receive one. Damn, he thought. So he tried again.

"What are you doing here, Yongguk?"

This time Yongguk looked at him. He smiled and looked down, cheeks red. He scratched his neck and heard the other chuckle. He looked up and was met with two beautiful brown orbs smiling at him. And for a moment, it was only the two of them. All the others disappeared. Yongguks memories. The case. Everything. But Himchan was brought back by one of his pathologists. He excused himself and walked after him. 

Himchan sighed. His perfect moment. . He walked after Luhan and took a look at what he and a police man named Jongdae had found. This better be good, he thought, interrupting me and my y target like that. And boy was he surprised. They had found a knife full of old blood. It was a knife that had stopped being produced years ago because it was too dangerous. 

Himchan looked at the knife. He hoped it was some of the woman or the mans blood on it. He really wanted to find the bastards. After all, The Lonely Rider was Yongguks little brothers friend. He looked back at him and was met by a smile. The smile he came to love so much. But a police man was asking him to back away and later on put up a yellow line, Police Line Do Not Cross. But he was still there. Looking at him from afar, and it made Himchans inner tremble. 

The knife was taken back to the lab, and more and more people came just as more and more blood was found. Himchan sighed. He wasn't getting away from this place until later tonight. He looked up at the sky, which was now crying. He closed his eyes and went back to his car to stand under the umbrella. He sighed again and pulled his coat higher up to his ears. 

Yongguk sneezed. It was getting cold by now. And his coat wasn't helping. The rain was still poring down at him and all he wanted was to cuddle up under his blankets, with Himchan. He felt stupid for thinking like that, because he knew that he was just a regular guy and Himchan an officer. He sighed. And just then, the rain stopped. He looked up and noticed a black umbrella, being held by a very beautiful officer. 

Himchan was smiling at him like a lover would have done, and it made Yongguk all warmed up inside. He smiled back and pulled Himchan closer, making them both standing under the umbrella. He had his arm around Himchans waist, holding him close. Himchan didn't mind, he wanted Yongguk to be close. 

Now and then his boss or other police men would come or scream questions to him, but he didn't move. He answered from there. Next to Yongguk. And for once in a very long time, Himchan was smiling with all his heart, but more important, he felt safe in the arms of Yongguk. And he knew one thing. 

He never wanted to leave!


Update! :D

Maybe shorted than the other chapters, I dunno. Hope you like it^^

Comment and Subscribe! :)