Wait...WHAT...??

A Path Back To You

 

Heechul never got the chance to talk to Hangeng about Zhou Mi, actually he didn’t get time to talk about anything.The silver jublee celebration was a day away and guests had started to come.Those who have travelled far, were going to make a stay in the hotel.

He was busy making sure they are comfortable enough ,managing all the preparations of the party plus handling his usual responsibilities..Forget talking he had no time to breathe.

Finally the day had come. Mr.Han had arranged a traditional ceremony thanking god for giving so much prosperity in his business. People very close to Han family were present for this. Evening was fast approaching. Heechul was on his feet from morning…Checking all arrangements again and again, having a word with event manager from  time to time. He left to change when guest had started coming.

It was a big night for their hotel.Mr.Han and Hangeng were present to welcome most important guests,when Heechul came back. Hangeng acknowledged him with a smile. He was happy,hotel was doing good ,Heehcul was with him and will be with him as they will see it grow to more prosperity. He smiled shaking hands with guests.

“Oppa…”Sunny came in. She was looking beautiful in her gown.

“You are looking pretty,lady”Hangeng said kissing her on cheeks lightly ,welcoming her.

“Thanks oppa, Congratulations for completing 25 years in hotel business uncle…”She said bowing to Mr.Han.

“Thank you, child. Come enjoy yourself, did your appa come with you?”Mr.Han asked her.

“Yes,he is coming in a movement.” she answered.

”I’ll go look for Chul or Jun oppa…” she told Hangeng bowing slightly before leaving.

Heechul was looking at the preparations. All had gone well so far, guests seemed to enjoying themselves and Mr.Han looked happy.

“Nice job chul…”Jun Ki came next to him, Zhou Mi was with him.

“Oh..Thanks sir ..Actually event manager did all..I was just supervising.”Heechul stated bowing.

“Still,It was your responsibility to see everything has gone right, and everything is perfect ..so I will say again….. great job.”Jun Ki smiled.

“Yeah  ge ge ,he was personally looking after every arrangement..I hope I will learn something when I will be handling your responsibilities.”Zhou Mi stated looking at him.

Heechul nodded. He was still not sure about Zhou Mi and He had to leave tomorrow, leaving everything on him. Not that he was leaving for a long time. But still he needed to solve this dilemma of his as soon as possible.

 His thoughts were interrupted by Mr. Han’s voice, he was addressing to the guess.

“Thank you all for coming and sharing this great movement with us. You all have indeed multiplied the importance of this day by coming here. This is a big movement for Han Hotel chain. And it was not all free way, pleasant journey till here. There were ups and downs. I want to thank all of them who are associated with Han Hotel chain including our hotel staff.”He paused for a movement.

“I have two announcements to make today and both of them make me very happy. First we are expanding our horizons and starting our business in Korea, all thanks to Lee Jun Ki ,A very bright son of my best friend.”He completed calling Jun Ki and Mr.Lee next to him ,as whole room congratulated, clapping.

“It’s a great pleasure for me as I make the second announcement, co incidentally enough it is also related to my good friend Lee. “he paused as he signaled Hangeng to come near him. Heechul listened ,a smile on his face, till he saw Mr. Han signaling Sunny from other side. What was he planning?

“I met Lee when we were very young. That time having a hotel this big was only a dream. But he believed in me and had been with me in this journey of mine throughout, helping me with each step. Today I would like to take our friendship of so many years a step ahead “He took Hangeng’s and Sunny’s hands in his own hands.

Heechul’s eyes widened as he watched, Mr. Han’s next sentence shocked a few people in the room.

“I announce engagement of my son Hangeng with Sunny ,the beautiful daughter of Lee”Mr.Han completed giving Sunny’s hand in his son’s.

The party hall was filled with cheers as guest clapped for new couple.

Hangeng stood there stunned; his first reaction was to look at Heechul who looked at him in horror. He shook his head signaling he had no idea about this. He looked at his appa who was smiling happily ,as he hugged Mr.Lee. Confused he looked at Sunny who was in same position as him.

“What to do next ?“She asked with her eyes.

Startled he looked at Heechul again but he couldn’t find him. He searched the  crowd.Desparate to talk to him, he started to leave the hall, when Mr.Han stopped him.

“Where are you going,I just announced your engagement..You both will exchange rings here. We will do the proper ceremony again after few days.”He stated holding him back.

“But appa,what is this? you didn’t even ask me about this. How do you expect us to exchange ring like this??”Hangeng asked in low voice ,anger and frustration apparent in his voice.

“Geng, Just do it..Lee and I had this dream for many years now..and you two go along well..”Mr.Han ordered giving ring to him.

“But ..Appa”Hangeng tried to protest.

“Son, don’t make a scene here..media is present and I don’t want them to have some unwanted bites..those will be bad for our reputation…just do as I say now..”

Hangeng looked around helplessly to see Sunny who was talking in low voice with her appa,who looked like trying to explain her something. Jun Ki was there too. Both of them were trying to convince her.

He then looked at Zhou Mi was standing with no expressions on his face. May be he was stunned as all of them.

“Geng..Sunny come along…look at these kids acting all shy now…”Mr. Han tried to handle the situation as the room cracked in laughter.

Hangeng felt his whole world crashing as he slipped ring on Sunny’s finger.He had gone numb as he didn’t realize when she did same.His mind had gone blank… he didn’t hear cheers of people around, He didn’t feel the hands which were congratulating him.

He just stood there ,desparetly looking for one face..

“Where are you Chullie….??”He whispered.