Stay With Me...

A Path Back To You

Leeteuk was holding the slender hand in his own hands, looking worriedly at the still body in front of him. He thought ambulance was moving too slow.

“Hey..open your eyes.”He tried to call the man once again, trying to keep him conscious.

“Who..who were after you?what happened?Hey..tell me what happened”He asked first thing that came to his mind.He feared that if he let this man pass out  then..then..he might lose him.

“Hey wake up.Tell me.”He said rubbing other’s hand .

Heechul was on the line between world of darkness and consciousness. He could hear someone calling him. But he was too tired to open his eyes. His eyelids were heavy ,all he wanted to do was to sleep.

The warm touch on his hand felt good,even though he was in much pain.His whole body was hurting and his head…his head was the worst..

He didn’t want to stay awake because it was too painful to be,but the voice calling him had become eager.

“Hey ..hey ..yes, open your eyes..”Leeteuk  tighten his grip on the strangers hand as he saw him trying to open his eyes.

It was troublesome for him.Opening his eyes, because the consciousness brought the blinding pain which made him very uncomfortable.

Biting his lower lip he tried to focus on the face in front of him.

A small smile came on Leeteuk’s lips when he saw those drowsy feline eyes met his.

“Yes stay awake..stay with me..please”He said coming close to other.

Heechul tried to find the name for the face in front of him but he couldn’t.How did he end up here like this?He needed to know..

“I..”He tried to speak but nothing came out of his mouth.

Leeteuk leaned closer looking at the quivering lips, the man was trying to say something.

Heechul tried once again but even the thought of saying something and the small movement brought a blinding surge of pain.

He bit his lower lip even harder ,but the stranger stopped him from doing it further.

The last memory he had was, the worried face of this stranger and his intense voice calling out for him before all his attempts to remain conscious failed and he fell into complete darkness…

“HEECHUL..”Hangeng shot open his eyes.His heart beating faster.

“Oppa..Are you okay?”He heard Sunny’s voice. They were on their way towards China.

Groggily he looked around. Sighing ,when he realized it was a dream. A nightmare actually…he couldn’t find Heechul in it ,no matter how much he ran into dark endless routes.

It pained when he realized that the nightmare had actually become his life now. Past few days he had been hopeful..he had waited for Heechul. Hoping that other would show up from somewhere,somehow.

He didn’t care about what was told to him. May be Heechul was right or wrong, actually deceiving him…he didn’t care.All he wanted to hold his lover into his arms,close to his heart.

But it didn’t happen. Heechul didn’t show up and his hope started to fade, breaking his heart.

It was Jun Ki ,who had suggested  to return to China now.From there they could do something useful about this situation.

Hangeng was skeptical about everything now.It was futile unless they take help of police.It was either that or the possibility that Heechul might show up himself.

Hangeng was not sure how to handle his father in this matter.He didn’t know what reaction he would get. Unless he tells his father the truth, the truth about his relationship with Heechul. Mr.Han won’t take the risk of bringing this issue public. For the old man ,Heechul was just an employee who tried to steal from his hotel but didn’t succeed..a fraud…a criminal.

Hangeng was so sure his father will tell him to forget this matter because no harm was done to…hotel..but what about him?He knew his father will be shocked …furious..He had kept this relationship..an important part of his life ,his identity hidden for more than 10 years now.

There was this faint feeling in him, that told him his father won’t accept this. And would welcome this situation. Heechul disappearing like this.It was the same feeling which had kept him from telling anything about his intimacy with Heechul.He was afraid that his father will do everything to keep him away from Heechul…and now..now there was no Heechul.

“Oppa?”Sunny asked once again.

Hangeng tried to smile looking at her.He leaned into his seat trying close his eyes once again.He needed to be prepared for what has to come now….

Leeteuk dashed inside the hospital once they reached.

“I need help,it was an accident”He said rushing towards the counter as Heechul was wheeled inside.

The doctors and nurses surrounded the stretcher, taking charge and shouting instruction.

Leeteuk was by Heechul’s side once again,getting hold of his hand once again.

“Please wait here”one of the nurse said as the slender hand slipped through his own.Leeteuk waited till he lost last of the contact…the fingertip brushing..the door was closed in front of him.

He stood there thinking what to do next.His mind was full of anxiety.

“Hyung…what are you doing here?what happened?”he heard a voice.

He looked up to find the familiar face.

“Kyuhyun ah..”he rushed towards the younger.

“I..It was an accident..and there was so much blood..the car was in full speed..it was all bloody.He..he was running …I couldn’t stop it.”he talked incoherently.

Kyuhyun took hold of the older.

“It’s alright,calm down.Are you okay?Are you hurt somewhere?”He asked looking at other ,at the big blood spots.

Leeteuk shook his head.

“But he is.He wouldn’t wake up “He said pointing towards the closed door where Heechul was taken.

Kyuhyun glanced at the room ,he was paged for this patient.

“Sit here hyung. Don’t worry I will take care of everything.”He said hurrying into the room.

Leeteuk stood clueless as the younger closed the door behind him.he looked around in hope of clearing his head but nothing helped.

He flopped in nearby sit when it became too difficult to stand. He had started shaking somewhere in between. The incident from earlier playing in his mind.The screenching noise of car breaks and the starnger’s mangled body…the pool of blood.

His mind started thinking of all the possibilities.

“what if…what if he would have held the man..he should have done that looking at the state the slender man was in..He could have held him tightly not letting him move”

Or

“He should have run faster..may be then he could have caught up the stranger before..”

It wasn’t useful but he couldn’t help thinking it . Somehow the thought that he could have stopped the man ,was killing him..because he couldn’t and look what had happened now.The burden was getting heavier.

He still felt the soft touch of slender fingers on his hand. And the look in those eyes…

“Please be ok..Please”He whispered looking at the closed door.