Limits: Our final words

Limits

 

(Daehyun POV)

 

 

I run towards the nearest cab, and jump in.

 

 

“Cafe SECRET, please.” 

 

 

“Sure, sir.”

 

 

The car starts, and I can only see the night lights moving past me, taking me into a calm trance. For a moment, I forget what I’m doing and then I remember. I have to save my relationship, and my girl.

 

 

At the thought of Sunhwa, my heart aches. How stupid was I to believe Dasom? I mean, c’mon that girl had trouble written on her since our first meeting, and yet...I...slapped Sunhwa, and I hurt her....and I..I’m the worst.

 

 

“S-sir. I have a question.” I ask the middle-aged driver, with a white beard.

 

 

“Ask away, son.” He nods his head at nothing in particular. “I’m sure a young boy like you must be curious about a lot of things in this world.”

 

 

“Well...there’s this girl...and we were dating. The thing is...I lost her trust, and I believed another girl and my girlfriend was given all the blame. Even...I-I hurt her, physically and mentally because I was so sure she was the one at fault.”

 

 

The old driver stays silent for a while. He’s probably thinking I’m the biggest jerk in the world, and that I don’t deserve any sort of advice, much less her.

 

 

“Son, you remind me of me when I was your age.” The driver swerves to the right, causing me to hold on to the seatbelt. “I made the same mistake with my love, and in fact I was worse. The other girl got me into believing my girlfriend was cheating on me, and I in return cheated on her too. Turns out, it was all lies.”

 

 

Now, it’s my turn to stay silent. Old guy had been in some deep problems.

 

 

“It was too late for me to apologize because I had done the sin, and on top of that I dumped her. I was despicable. Really despicable, but still I chased after her that night. That night when she was supposed to leave for Jeju. I acted as if she was moving and never returning, but really that’s what it seemed to me.”

 

 

“I can imagine.” I say as I clutch my heart. It’s beating irregularly, and I’m sure only she can solve this.

 

 

“I caught her in time, and I apologized and apologized but nothing seemed to work. I didn’t deserve it either, but I don’t blame her.”

 

 

“So, I guess you and her ended there, right?” Just like me and Sunhwa will probably end today.

 

 

“No, son! Never stop believing! If you have faith in your love, it will overcome any boulder put your way! I proposed to her right then and there, because I knew. A girl that could suffer through all that, and still be silent was the best girl a guy like me--hell any guy could get.”

 

 

A small smile appears on the driver’s face.

 

 

“We’ve been happily married for 34 years now. And still everyday I thank her for giving me another chance.”

 

 

I let a long, and quiet whistle. Old man had the guts.

 

 

“Do you think it’ll work for me? I don’t deserve her either.”

 

 

“I don’t know if it’ll work or not, but you should know--beforehand pulling out something like I did whether or not, you’re ready for it--if you’re ready for the responsibility and relationship. If you really want to love her and only her, and be married to her.”

 

 

“Oh.”

 

 

“You can’t just give her a half hearted proposal just to get her to forgive you, and then realize a few years later, you don’t even really love her. That’d be cruel, to the both of you. Think it carefully, before you do son.”

 

 

All the memories I shared with Sunhwa start passing through my head. Our first meeting, our first kiss, our first date, the first time she cooked for me, the first time I entered her dorm, and the last time I would hold her in my arms. At this point, my hands feel so empty, they ache for her. I stare at them, marveling at how awkward they feel as I clench and unclench my fingers. It’s almost as if they can’t be without her.

 

 

But is this enough? I know I love her right now, but is this love enough to satisfy me for the rest of my life? I sigh, as the importance of tonight hits me like a cold bucket of water on a hot summer night.

 

 

“We’re here, son.” The driver stops the car, and I can see the cafe to my right. “I wish you the best of luck, and that would be $25.50.”

 

 

I chuckle, and pull out a twenty and ten. “Keep the change. And thank you.”

 

 

I quickly get out of the car, and enter the dim-cafe, that seems to be.....empty. I race over to the cashier. “I’m sorry but did a lady about 5’5 with light, brown hair come into this cafe today? Like past 8:30?”

 

 

The cashier slowly lifts her head from her desk, her cheek wet with drool. “Sorry guy, but I’ve been sleeping here my entire shift, and if someone came, then my bell would ring, and I would know.”

 

 

“Did the bell ring when I came in?”

 

 

She looks at her monitor. “Huh, it didn’t. Sorry guy, then I can’t guarantee if a girl came or not.”

 

 

I let out a long, and loud groan. “Seriously? Ugh! me!”

 

 

“You’re welcome!” The girl shouts as I leave the cafe, and raise my hand to catch another cab. Another one comes, and I quickly enter.

 

 

“Where would you like to go, sir?”

 

 

I bit my lip. Where the hell would Sunhwa want to go this late at night? Somewhere to clear her mind? Somewhere to make her happy? Somewhere she would want to end her memories with me? 

 

 

It hits me then. It was where it all started, and for her it was going to be where it would all end. That girl was serious about forgetting me. 

 

 

“TS building, please.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Sunhwa POV)

 

 

I get of the bus, and bow to the driver. “Thank you.”

 

 

A group of civilians pass me, and I cover my face with my phone. If anyone recognized me right now, he would find me, and that would be the last thing I want.

 

 

I turn to my left, and I spot my company’s building. Tall and white, it’s hard to miss. The lights are turned off, and I’m glad that I’ll be alone tonight. 

 

 

I really don’t want anyone near me tonight. Tonight only belongs to me, and the leftovers of my relationship with him. I push the walk button, and the red light turns green.

 

 

I walk through the road, and the lights of the cars blind me for a second. In that second, I see him. He’s smiling, and he’s saying something, but I can’t hear. His eyes crinkle into tiny crescents as his smile deepens, and his lips make small O shapes. Shaking my head, the vision of him disappears into thin air.

 

 

Stop it, Han Sunhwa. You are not allowed to fantasize about that idiot. I hit my head with my cellphone as a punishment for doing something so stupid, and useless.

 

 

I open the touch padlock, and enter the digit’s. It’s our CEO’s birthday. Typical, but no one really knows much about our CEO so it works.

 

 

The lounge catches my eye first, and then I can spot the practice room with the small ray of moonlight entering through one of the windows.

 

 

Dragging my hands across the interior of the room, I blindly guide myself through the foyer and into the staircase. No need to alert everyone that I’m here by turning on the lights.

 

 

I slowly walk up the stairs, one step at a time. I’m in no hurry to get to the rooftop, maybe because I’m also in no hurry to face the truth.

 

 

The truth that my relationship with Daehyun will finally come to its bitter end. Maybe it ended the moment his palm striked mine, or maybe when he saw me MC with Kwanghee, but the feelings were still lurking then.

 

 

Now, I’m going to end it once and for all. There’s still a small part of me that still loves him, but I’ll make sure to kill those feelings tonight. 

 

 

Finally, I reach the top of the building, and now only the door is in the way between the rooftop and me. 

 

 

Sighing, I turn the doorknob and the familiar click of the door sends shudders through my body. In this silent hall, the click echo’s back and forth. Slowly, I open the door and I can already hear the rustling of the trees outside. The cold wind blows wildly, and I take my first step onto the top.

 

 

Goodbye, Jung Daehyun.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Daehyun POV)

 

 

“Right, we’re here!”

 

 

I throw a fistful of cash at him, before jumping out of the car and running through the road. I can hear angry honks erupt as I make my way into the building. With trembling hands, and I punch in the 6 digit code and the door instantly opens.

 

 

The foyer is as dark as ever, and I struggle to find the light switch. Seeing that there is no other option, I drop down to all fours and start crawling through the room. My hands rake through each and every corner, and after what seems like an eternity, I find the switch.

 

 

The sudden brightness in the room forces me to close my eyes. I rub my eyes, forcing them to stay open and adjust themselves to the lighting. I spot the elevator at the other side, and I dash for it.

 

 

I punch the UP button, and the door opens. I step into it, pressing the number 10 on the very top of the buttons. The elevator buzzes as the door closes, and I’m lifted up. Ever so slowly, it rises and rises. A ding noise playing every time it passes a floor.

 

 

1...2....3...4....5.6...7..8..9...10

 

 

 

Finally, the door opens and I can see the staircase that will take me to the rooftop. With one last burst of energy, I run up the stairs, and into the rooftop.

 

 

The wind causes my bangs to cover my eyes for a split second, and then I’m holding my hair up. I look around for her, but there seems to be no-one here. The empty, barren ground makes my eyes wet.

 

 

She wasn’t here either. I had failed myself.

 

 

“SUNHWA!”

 

 

I scream. It’s stupid, and idiotic but this was my last try. I didn’t want to give up so easily.

 

 

I’m about to exit the area, when I hear a muffled gasp. Suddenly, each and every cell in my body feels recharged, and I swear I can hear music playing in the background. I spot here then.

 

 

Around 10 steps away, sitting on the ledge. Her hair is tied up, and her eyes are blood-shot red. Even from here I can see her flushed cheeks, and stuffy nose. The sleeves of her cardigan shine with the help of the moonlight, and her mucus. 

 

 

As cheesy as this sounds, it feels like the first time I met her again. To the public our first meeting took place in the practice room, and I was with my manager, but unknown to everyone else, including her, our first meeting was slightly more amusing.

 

 

Being new to the city, I was totally lost. I walked down the streets of Seoul in awe, and complete embarrassment. My pants were drenched in sweat, and my shoes covered in mud. I had spent my last day in Busan playing in the rice fields with my friends. My stomach was also grumbling, and with only 2000 won in my hand, my choice was also limited.

 

 

I found a nice, little ddukboki stand and my mouth watered, as I handed over the last bit of my cash to the Ahjumma. In return, she gave me a small bowl of sizzling hot ddukboki. As I was just about to dive into the food, a girl appeared next to me.

 

 

Her hair was a mess, and her face was covered with a mask. Only her red eyes were visible, and they were b with tears. Her outfit made it obvious she was not one with money problems, and her stance that she was one with pride. She was everything I was not.

 

 

“Aigoo. Why are you crying girl?” The ahjumma served here a fish cake on a plate, without even taking any money from here. She removes the mask, and her small, red lips come into my view. My eyes widened as she took a big bite from the food, a bite I had thought wouldn’t be possible from a girl like her. 

 

 

“Daebak.”

 

 

She turns to me, with the fish cake still in . “Did you say something?”

 

 

“No..no, not really.”

 

 

She breaks into a small smile. “You’re from busan, aren’t you!”

 

 

I mentally cursed myself. Was it really that obvious? “Yeah, sorry.”

 

 

“Why are you apologizing?” Her dialect suddenly changes, and I gasped as I realized, she sounded the same as I did. “I’m also from Busan! But I’ve been living in Seoul now. Don’t be embarrassed!”

 

 

I opened my mouth to say I was not, but no words could come out. She knew the truth, and me lying would only worsen things.

 

 

“You’ll get used to it!” She crinkles her nose, and within a second, a small trail of wet mucus flows out of . “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!”

 

 

She drops the leftover fishcake onto her plate, and she scavenges into her purse, searching for what I assumed was a handkerchief.

 

 

“Here.” I gave her mine. It was new, and I was proud of being able to be of service to her. “You can keep it.”

 

 

She grabs it, and blows her nose into it. She throws the dirty handkerchief into her purse, and smiles at me again. “Thank you! But I will return it to you someday.”

 

 

“Alright.”

 

 

Her smile deepens, and thats when I realized. She wasn’t just any regular citizen, she was a celebrity.

 

 

My eyebrows furrowed, as I glanced at her face again. Those eyes, and those lips. They seemed all too familiar.

 

 

“Han Sunhwa.”

 

 

Her head instantly turns my way. I was right. She was here.

 

 

“! How’d you know?” She groaned. “Look, I have to go. Please don’t tell anyone you saw me! Okay, please?”

 

 

“Uh...”

 

 

“Please!” She pleaded again. “Here, take this.” 

 

 

She handed me a 10,000 won bill. “I don’t really--”

 

 

“Just take it, and consider it a gift from me, okay? Just don’t tell anyone. I’ve got to go. Bye!”

 

 

She ran away, and I didn’t even have the opportunity to ask for her signature. I sighed, as I resumed eating my plain, old ddukboki. 

 

 

“You want to use that bill for your food, kiddo?” The ahjumma eyes the bill in my hands.

 

 

For some reason, I didn’t want to spend it. “No thanks.”

 

 

I stuffed the bill deep into the pits of my pockets. 

 

 

“Go away.”

 

 

Her voice is stone cold, as are her dead eyes. Her face is expressionless, and I can only guess what’s going through her mind.

 

 

“Sunhwa look...”

 

 

“Leave me alone. I don’t want you here.”

 

 

I can already tell this was going to be a long conversation. I’m about to take a step further, when I notice her flinch.

 

 

She was sitting on the ledge, her legs dangling in perfect view. With one jump, she could harm herself....or worse.

 

 

“Sunhwa this is not the way...You’re better than this.” I remain in a fixed position. The possibility that she might kill herself makes the knots in my stomach tighten. 

 

 

“Shut up. You have no right to tell me anything.” She wipes the snot flowing out of her nose, and sniffles. “I thought you were better as well.”

 

 

“I’m sorry!” I whisper. “I’m sorry for being a jerk, I’m sorry for not trusting you, I’m sorry for putting you through all these hardships. Most of all, I’m sorry for telling you I’d protect you, and then attack you myself.”

 

 

She stays silent for a while, and then she responds. “You told me not to mind the age difference, guess you were wrong again. You showed me very well how immature and stupid you can be.”

 

 

Her words hit my heart like daggers into a wounded soldier. I want to hug her so badly, and tell her that I love her but I can’t.

 

 

I deserve this. 

 

 

“I was stupid. I was immature, but I promise Sunhwa. If you give me another chance....”

 

 

“Are you stupid?”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Or are you just that stubborn?”

 

 

“Sunhwa please li-”

 

 

“You and me are not going to happen. It was a mistake from the start. We will never, ever, ever happen again.”

 

 

“Sunhwa please!” Before I can stop myself, I’ve taken two steps towards her.

 

 

She automatically leans forward. Her body is already half off the ledge, and her upper body is facing the ground.

 

 

She turns her head to look at me. "You put me at my limit, Daehyun.”

 

 

I raise my hands, up above my head. “I’m not going to do anything. Sunhwa, please. I love you.”

 

 

For a moment, I can see a pool of tears collect near her eyes, but she blinks. And then they’re gone.

 

 

“Too bad. I don’t. Now, leave.”

 

 

“Sunhwa please. Don’t do this. I know you loved me, but c’mon this is not the way to end things!”

 

 

“I can end things however I want, what’s it with you!?”

 

 

“Of course it has to do with me. How could I possibly live with the guilt of murdering my own girlfriend.”

 

 

“Murder?”

 

 

“You’re so ready to jump off right now! Suicide is not the way, Sunhwa.”

 

 

Confusion is sprawled across her face. Her eyebrows knit closer together, as she starts thinking about what I’ve just said. Her eyes widen, and a small gasp escapes her thin, red lips.

 

 

I could have never guessed what she’d do next.

 

 

Sunhwa bursts into a fit of giggles, her shoulders shaking up and down with each laugh. She shakes her head maniacally, to the point she looks like a bobble head.

 

 

“Sunhwa....are you okay?” Does she need to visit a hospital or something? What is up with her?

 

 

“D-Don’t...” She lets out a long breath. “Don’t flatter yourself Jung Daehyun.” 

 

 

Now, it’s my turn to be confused. Flatter myself with what?

 

 

“I would never hurt myself, much less die for you.”

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Sunhwa POV)

 

 

It’s such an obvious lie, I’m praying to god hoping he doesn’t hear my voice falter. Other than my parents, and obviously my SECRET members, Jung Daehyun was one of the people I’d have put my life on hold for. Is one of the people I’d put my life on hold for.

 

 

His face clearly tells me he’s hurt. His hand touches his heart, and he closes his eyes. He gulps, and starts breathing heavily.

 

 

“Yah...what the hell are you doing?”

 

 

He opens his eyes again, and I can see tears.

 

 

“Stop playing the sympathy car-d-d.”

 

 

I choke on the last word, my own pool of tears threatening to erupt. Why can’t I just let go already? I’d cried enough, and heck I even cursed him. Now, if he could just leave so I could forget him forever.

 

 

“I really love you.”

 

 

I have to bit my lip to stop myself from breaking down in front of him. If he sees me cry, he’ll know for sure that I still...I still love him.

 

 

“Han Sunhwa, you were the first girl that caught my eye.”

 

 

“Liar.”

 

 

“Alright, you were one of the firsts. But of all the girls, you became the one I loved the most. Han Sunhwa I have never met a person, I could connect to on so many levels.”

 

 

Shut up.

 

 

“You made me laugh, you made me cry. You made me boil with jealousy whenever I watched We Got Married, but you also made me realize how strong I could be.”

 

 

“Stop with the text book dialogues.”

 

 

He slightly smiles, his eyes crinkles as he does. I think I need to slap myself in order for me to remember why I’m on this rooftop again.

 

 

“I don’t know what the future for us is going to be like an-”

 

 

“There is no us, for god’s sake!” My voice goes a little pitchy at the end. I sound like a dying squirrel with all the denying and insulting.

 

 

“And I can’t assure you that I’ll never make you cry again.” He goes on like he never heard me in the first place. “But I’ll make sure that after each cloud that shadows your life, I will be the sun that follows.”

 

 

I wish I could say that I dumped Daehyun then and there for good, but the truth is I broke. With the last word barely leaving his lips, my eyes are already wet and my face glistening with tears.

 

 

“I know I sound so corny, and you’re probably cringing on the inside, but...Sunhwa...will you-” He kneels down on the floor, with one knee touching the ground. 

 

 

He can’t be serious.

 

 

“Will you marry me?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Daehyun POV)

 

 

With trembling lips, the words come out. 

 

 

Before I can get a good look at her, a loud bang startles the both of us. I turn, trying to figure out who the hell would make such a noise at this time.

 

 

Yongguk hyung, and Jieun noona are the first to enter the rooftop. Their both holding hands, and Hyung has the biggest smile sprawled across his face.

 

 

“What the?”

 

 

Himchan hyung and Hyosung noona are next. Hyung walks in first, and then noona follows. They’re not as confident as the first couple, but from the looks they exchange as they walk in, I can already tell what happened with them.

 

 

A shy Hana noona walks in, followed by three overexcited Jongup, Zelo and of course my friend till death Youngjae.

 


He’s the only one with tears in his eyes. He waves at me. I guess this is him trying to cheer me on.

 

 

“Say Yes, Sunhwa!”

 

 

“Go on, accept him!”

 

 

“Sunhwa listen to your heart!” Hyosung noona smiles at the crying girl. “If you really love him, say yes. If you don’t just reject him.”

 

 

“HEY!” My eyes widen in surprise. I thought they were here to help me out!

 

 

“She’s only being honest. We’re not here to help you Daehyunnie, we’re here to support Sunhwa.” Jieun noona pouts at me. “Sorry!”

 

 

It’d be a lie to say I’m not hurt, but again I deserve this. So, I smile at them to assure that I’m not affected by it.

 

 

“Daehyun...is a really good person. He’s in the wrong, but I’m sure he’ll be good for you Noona.” Youngjae shouts at her. 

 

 

He’s my friend afterall. I want to jump him, and thank him but right now her answer was more important.

 

 

is shaped into a big O. She points at Hyosung Noona and then Jieun, and finally her finger lands on Youngjae. 

 

 

Her face looks comical as she looks back and forth between them and me. 

 

 

“What the hell!?”

 

 

“We tracked you down from the GPS we installed in your phone.” Hana Noona shrugs.

 

 

“What the hell!?” This time I’m the one yelling.

 

 

“But my phone...”

 

 

“Doesn’t matter, as long as it’s with you, we can track you down.”

 

 

Sunhwa groans, and she rolls her head to her side. For a moment, she struggles to stay on the ledge.

 

 

“YAH!”

 

 

Then she puts her hand on the stone surface, and pushes herself up. She spins around, and now she’s fully facing us. Her feet land on the inside now, on the very ground I’m kneeling on.

 

 

“I don’t have a ring right now, but I promise I’ll save money and I’ll buy one very, very soon.”

 

 

She shakes her head. “No need.”

 

 

“What do you mean!?” Zelo mutters, and Jongup immediately hits the maknae on the head.

 

 

“Keep quiet!”

 

 

Sunhwa chuckles. “What I’m saying is, I don’t need a ring from you Daehyun.”

 

 

“Why? Sunhwa please. I love you, and I promise I’ll be better from now on. I don’t know how else to prove my love to you. How about I take you on a date tomorrow, and then you can answer me.”

 

 

“No need.” She repeats again. “Daehyun, I know you’re being sincere.”

 

 

She sighs.

 

 

“I want to be with only you, Sunhwa. In my eyes, there is no other girl. You can trust me.”

 

 

“But that’s the problem, Daehyun! I can’t trust you. You made me lose trust in you, when you slapped me.”

 

 

Himchan hyung gasps, covering his mouth with his hand.

 

 

“I know, and I’m sorry. I really am.”

 

 

“I know you are, but Daehyun you’re still just a kid. You can’t get married to me, heck I don’t want to get married!”

 

 

“What are you saying..?”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

(Sunhwa POV)

 

 

I can't believe I'm doing this. I'm not sure how I went from ready to forget him, to doing this. ing Daehyun, ruining my plans until the last moment.

 

 

“I’m saying that I’m not ready to be in a relationship, and neither are you. You’re still too young, and you have a lot of things you need to learn.”

 

 

I’m hurting him, and I’m being the worst girlfriend ever but I need to do this.

 

 

“I don’t want to return to the same relationship, and have my feelings trampled on again.  I know you’ll probably hate me after I say this but-”

 

 

“I’ll never hate you.”

 

 

It’s impossible for me to suppress my smile. 

 

 

“But I can’t love you like this. It’s not fair for me or for you. But mostly me.”

 

 

“What..?”

 

 

“You don’t deserve my forgiveness. So, what I’m saying is.. I reject your proposal, Jung Daehyun.”

 

 

His lips are trembling again, and the palm of his hands start sweating. I can tell he’s on the verge of crying again.

 

 

“And I refuse to be your girlfriend. Jung Daehyun, I’m officially dumping you.”

 

 

Zelo slaps his head, and starts cursing underneath his breath. Jongup hits him again, and Hana just stares at the two in complete disgust and pity.

 

 

“But the good news is...I’m willing to start over.”

 

 

“Start over?” His eyes are hopeful again, so is his voice.

 

 

My heart shatters into tiny pieces, as the last words roll of my tongue.

 

 

“I want to start anew with you, not as husband and wife, not as boyfriend and girlfriend, but as friends. Only friends.”

 

 

“Sunhwa...”

 

 

“Jung Daehyun would like you start to turn a new leaf with me, and become my friend?”

 

 

He’s frozen. So are the rest of the group. All of them hadn’t expected this reply.

 

 

I still love him. I doubt I’ll ever stop. Heck, he tortured me and my heart still only beats for him. I doubt anyone will ever come this far. But he doesn’t deserve me and I can’t go back to who I was before.

 

 

I’ve changed. As much as I hate to admit it, that Dasom changed me. I’ll never go back to being that chatty, overly perky Han Sunhwa. But sometimes change is for the better.

 

 

“Yes.”

 

 

He nods his head.

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Yes, I’d like to be your friend.”

 

 

Relief floods my heart, and it takes every cell in my body to not scream in delight. 

 

 

He gets up, and wipes the dust off his knee. He walks towards me, and I swear I can hear violins play in the background. Was that a dove that passed by? Is this real? He stops barely two meters in front of me and bows down.

 

 

“Hello. My name is Jung Daehyun, and you are?” 

 

 

I peek at the group, and all of them have lovesick expressions, except Unnie. She nods her head at me, and gives me a knowing smile.

 

 

She knows. She knows very well what I’m trying to do.

 

 

I blink in respond, hoping that she'll understand my twist response, and she does. She smiles wider, and mouths "Fighting." Thank you, Unnie.

 

 

I can’t tell him this right now, but I promise you Jung Daehyun. One day, if you still love me by then, I’ll be able to return your feelings. I’ll scream it to the world that you’re the one I love and I’ll never tell you no ever again.

 

 

If we can stay strong enough, then I promise to return to your side. I’m going to be selfish, and I’m only going to do things for my benefit from now on. I can’t promise that I won’t date other men, and I won’t promise that I’ll never hurt you, but I know that no one will ever come as close as you are now.

 

 

As you’ll always be.

 

 

And I know you might fall out of love, and maybe these feelings won’t linger. But then at least I’d be right in rejecting you, and our story would end with us both being happy. But accepting you like this, would be the biggest mistake of my life. And this includes me making friends with Dasom.

 

 

Thank you for loving me, and thank you for understanding. If we can both overcome this hurdle, and if we can...I know I'm being too optmistic, but the future is in our hands. And I sound as corny as you did before, but we still have a chance. We're still young. We're both lost right now, but it's still possible for us to both find our way back to each other.

 

 

Let’s all become stronger, and learn from this. I love you Jung Daehyun. I can’t say these words to you right now, but when I do, I’ll make sure that you’ll hear me. 

 

 

But for now, please accept my hand in friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“My name is Han Sunhwa. Nice to meet you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________________

 

*Shoots myself* Sorry for taking so long to post this. Truth is, I was lazy but I was also reluctant to have this ff end. It is my first after all, and this one will always be special. All you readers are probably wanting to kill me for making the ending like this, but I want this to be realstic. I also want it to be fair for Sunhwa, I mean c'mon. If she said yes, then things would be all too easy for Daehyun.

 

I didn't write anything about Dasom, cause...well, I'll just leave everything to your imagination....kekeke

 

Thank you for all for sticking through. Limits was super fun writing, but the best thing was seeing your supportive comments. *Insert corny line*. Thank you all! Please continue to ship SunDae! <3 <3 

 

 

-Much love,

 

tsekyi21