Limits: Running away

Limits

(Sunhwa POV)

"Open the goddamn car!"

 

"I'm trying. I'm trying! But the key is stuck!"

 

" this." I snatch the key from his hand, and insert it into the key hole.

 

It's completely jammed.

 

"Sunhwa....He'll probably arrive here before this car can move."

 

I throw the keys away, struggling to hold myself up much less any object.

 

"There's got to be another way" I whimper.

 

My knees decided to give out, and I fall face first into the muddy ground.

 

"Sunhwa!" Kang Oppa picks me up, and tries the remove the mud from my face.

 

"Sunhwa!" Hyosung Unnie starts to run towards us. "What happened?"

 

"She fell. The keys aren't working, so she can't take the car."

 

“Well, if she can’t take the car, then the bus is always available!” Unnie stares at us with hanging open. “Common sense, hello!? And I thought you stopped being a baekchimi!”

 

“Whatever.” I spit.

 

I’m in no mood for jokes. I snatch Unnie’s bus pass from her hand, and head for the bus stop.

 

“SUNHWA!?”

 

“What!?” I scream, irritated by my current situation.

 

“Are you sure, you want to run away? Wouldn’t you rather just face him?”

 

“How about you try to figure out your feelings for Himchan, rather than tell me what I should do with my relationship.”

 

Unnie takes a step back, her eyes glistening with moisture.

 

“Unnie…I’m sorry.” I open my mouth fully, but the words come out as a whisper.

 

“It’s okay.” She tries to compose herself. “Just go before he comes.”

 

I wave goodbye, and then run off into the dark night.

 

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“That girl in the front looks familiar.”

“Oppa, what are you talking about?”

 

“I don’t know, her hair…it’s looks too made up…like those celebrities.”

 

“Just shut up, and focus on me.”

 

I quickly pull my hood up, so that it not only shades my face, but covers my celebrity hair as the commoner would like to describe it.

 

“Next stop, Han River. Han River.”

 

Han River…..

 

Or as he would like to call it….My river.

 

Noona, do you like what I’ve prepared?”

 

“Of course, I do! Wine, cheese and crackers, you singing to me near the river. What’s not to like?”

 

“Really?” His eyes twinkled, and his dimples deepened.

 

“Of course not, dumbo! This is so cliché! I wish you’d done something more original. I wouldn’t even mind if it was wacky, just original would be great.”

 

His scratched his head. “I’m so sorry. I guess I should’ve known.”

 

“Well, it’s okay. It’s really the thought that counts, and you tried your best. Just watch our next date. I’ll show you how fun it can be to date.”

 

His grin grew.

“What’s so funny?” I asked.

 

“Nothing. It’s nice to be reminded that there’ll be a next date, and a next date, and another, and another, and one after date, and another date after all those dates, and then-“

 

“PABO!” I hit him lightly. “Of course we’ll have more dates, but the way you’re going on, it’s as if you want to marry me!”

 

“Who says I don’t want to?”

 

That shut me up.

 

“W-what are you saying?” My cheeks were blushing red. “I’m only your third girlfriend, after your foreigner first, and that weird fan you dated to get my attention. But she doesn’t really count, so I’m just your second girlfriend. You still have the world ahead of you!”

 

“That’s right. My world is in front of me.” He looked at me as if he could see through my soul.

 

However, as soon as his words settled into my brain, my fingers couldn’t help but curl up.

 

“That is the cheesiest line, I have ever heard!” My face scrunched up, unable to handle the corniness that Jung Daehyun had just unleashed upon me. “Who is teaching you all this?”

 

“Himchan Hyung. He said he wanted me to try it out before he used it on Hyosung Noona.”

 

“Hyosung Unnie? So he does like her!” I crossed my arms. “Now, just how am I going to convince Hyosung to confess without revealing that you told me…”

 

“Noona!” Daehyun grabbed my hand. “You can’t let Hyosung Noona know that I told you! If she knows, she might tell Himchan Hyung, and if Himchan Hyung finds out, he will not rest until he kills me.”

 

“Oh, c’mon.”

 

Daehyun loosened his grip on my hand, to lift his cuffs up. Bruises covered his entire arm.

 

“How’d you get that?” My gasp was too big, and brought us unwanted attention from couples surrounding us.

 

“Battle wounds from losing a bet with Hyung. He is crazy about his games.”

 

“That Himchan!” I grumbled. “Still! That’s not fair! You’re so much younger! You’re still a kid compared to him!”

 

“It’s only three years.” He murmured.

 

“What?” I asked, unsure of what I heard.

 

“Hyung is only three years older than me. That’s not really much of a gap.”

 

“You say that now, but watch. As we grow older, these three years will really start to show. And I’m not just referring to physical appearance! Mindset, matureness, fa-“

 

Daehyun pushed me to the ground, and sat over me. His hands trapped both of mine in a deadly grip.

 

“Are those three years showing now?”

 

“D-daehyun….What are you doing?”

 

“Answer me!”

 

“Daehyun, people are watching! Let me get up!” I struggled, but he was too strong.

“Kiss me.”

 

“DAEHYUN!” I yelled, as if he had just said the most appalling sentence ever.

 

“Kiss me or I’ll continue to hold you down.”

 

The look in his eyes told me he wasn’t joking.

 

I lifted my head, aiming for a quick peck, but Daehyun quickly intervened, and initiated a full make-out session.

 

There were grumbles of protest about our PDA, but it was all silenced as Daehyun dared his tongue into my mouth, causing me to scream.

 

“DAEHYUN! That was too much!”

 

He wiped his mouth. “Tell me, you didn’t like it.”

 

“Shut up!” I stood up, embarrassed that he knew the truth. “Whatever, it’s getting late. I’m sure our kisses weren’t gone unheard, and as it is, Himchan is going to put out a bounty for you when I tell Hyosung Unnie the truth.

 

And within a second, he was back to the whiny, naiive Daehyun.

 

“Noona! Please don’t do that! I’ll get in trouble!”

 

“Good.” I smiled sheepishly.

 

“Next Stop, Gangnam. Gangnam Station.”

 

Those were the very early stages of our relationship. The cutest, the most awkward, yet the most memorable. As time went by, he became more suspicious, and more mean. More less like himself.

 

“Next stop, Apujeong. Apujeong Station.”

 

I can only see flashes of white, and trees, as the driver increases the speed of the bus. With each stop, the number of passages, clearly declining.

 

I check my phone, my mind dying of boredom.

 

33 missed calls from “4959459845”

 

2 missed calls from “Song Jieun”

 

3 missed calls from “B.A.P”

 

1 missed call from “Jeon Hyo-Leaderrrr”

 

I remove the battery from my phone, not wanting to scroll the entire list or receive another call from him.

 

                                                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(DASOM POV)

 

Chaos.

 

The entire neighbourhood was in chaos, with media covering each and every block, and students protesting outside my building. A few of them were popular STAR1’s, but the majority were new faces. I could see my members in that mess. They were too busy being mobbed by the news channels, to be able to escape the frenzy.

A giggle escapes my lips.

 

Followed by a chuckle.

 

“That actually beat me.”

 

Before I know it, I’m clutching my stomach, unable to say anything, rather than a few wheezes here and there.

 

Well, isn’t this hilarious.

 

Bad girl Dasom loses in the end.

 

My fingers move on their own, and they crawl up the window, undoing the lock. They start dancing, and soon the media catches glimpse of it.

 

“Kim Dasom! We can see you! Would you care answering our questions?”

 

I push myself up, the alcohol I had consumed earlier, finally starting to take charge.

 

“Yesssss…….” I look at the crowd, my eyelids barely opening. “ YOU ALL!”

 

I slap the window shut, before the crowd erupts.

 

“ you all!” I spin around the room. “ you!” I point to my plushie. “ YOU!” I look at my real-sized poster of Daehyun.

 

“ ME!”

 

I drag my finger down Daehyun’s picture. “I was this…this..close to having you. But now…now, it’s all over.”

 

I turn around, walking towards the window.

 

“LADIES, AND GENTLEMEN!” I yell.

 

A sudden silence covers the avenue.

 

“Dasom, what do you have to say about Sunhwa’s scandal?”

 

‘Is what Sunhwa said true?”

 

“What do you think is going to happen to your career?”

 

I groggily climb through the window, standing up on the thin ledge.

 

“Shusshhhh.” I put a finger over my lip.

 

“Do you admit that you’re the one at fault!?”

 

“SHUT UP!” I scream, shaking my head.

 

“Dasom, are you drunk?” Hyorin shouts.

 

“Yessss!” I slur. “But more than drunk, I’m high on love.”

 

I cover my face in embarrassment.

 

“What do you mean?” She yells again.

 

“Daehyun and I are getting married!”

 

“Is that true? WHEN!?”

 

“Daehyun as in B.A.P’s Daehyun?”

 

“Dasom, stop lying.” Hyorin glares at me. “Just stop it. Enough is enough.”

 

My nostrils stretch as the anger inside me accumulates.

 

“Y’ALL ARE ES. AND DAEHYUN IS MINE.”
 

And with that, I jump off the window.

 

____________________________________

 

Sorry for such a late update! Currently not in my native country and the internet here is slow as hell. Hope ya liked it!