Goodbye

Stupid Liar

 

“Jiane, you don’t have to go. You know jiyong loves you,” Taeyang tried to convince me as I packed my things.

“Anniyo.” I faced him. “He has amnesia, and THINKS he loves me.” I gave out a fake smile then continued packing.

 

The flight was scheduled December 20. I’m glad that harabeoji didn’t choose December 25 or I’ll never have a merry Christmas ever again in my life. I decided to leave, first because that’s harabeoji’s last wish and because of Jiyong.

 

“Ya cousin, will you think of this again?”

“I already thought of it for a long time. I have to do this.” I finished packing and faced Taeyang. “Cousin, promise me one thing. Don’t stop until you find who killed harabeoji and Jiyong’s grandfather and until you’re sure he dies in prison!”

“You don’t have to tell me that. I won’t rest until that happens.”

I hugged him. “Taeyang-ie! I will miss you!”

“Waeyo!? Ya! Are you planning to stay there for long?” he gently pushed me..

I just smiled. “I’m going to see Jiyong today before my flight.”

Taeyang patted my shoulder then raised his fist “Hwaiting!”

 

I went for the door and waved goodbye to Taeyang.

 

 

I sat on a swing at the park where I Jiyong and I agreed to meet. Took a few swings to boost up my strength. But that only added up to my anxiety. My heart pounded and my stomach was filled with butterflies! No! I think there were swans in my stomach! I wanted to run away but I knew one day I’d have to face Jiyong and tell him everything. And maybe, this is the right time.

 

“Yobo!” Jiyong kissed me on the cheek when he arrived. He wasn’t happy though, of course because his grandfather just died. His facial expression: SERIOUS. It felt weird, I haven’t seen that expression on his face since his amnesia.

He sat on the swing beside me.

I cleared my throat and prepared to speak. “Jiyong. Kenchana?” I tried to make him feel better.

“Neh” he looked at me. There was this look in his eyes that I couldn’t read. “You? Are you okay?”

I bowed my head. “I’ll be better. After this…” I faced him. “Jiyong, after this you can do whatever you want. Punch me, run away or curse me. I will accept it.”

“Ji-----”

“Just listen to me, okay?”

I stood infront of him. Took a deep breath.