Death

Stupid Liar

 

3pm at the castle... Still alone...

 

*phone rings*

 

Jiane: Yoboseyo?

Taeyang: I-it's Taeyang... C-cousin..

 

His voice cracked.. Suddenly, I felt nervous... 

 

Jiane: T-taeyang? W-waeyo?

Taeyang: Jiane, h-harabeoji---------- 

 

He was sobbing... 

 

Jiane: T-taeyang! W-what about, harabeoji?

 

I asked him but I didn't really want to hear his reply... I was afraid….

 

Taeyang: Jiane, come to the hospital... Pali-pali!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My heart crashed and I collapsed on the floor upon seeing my grandfather…

I remembered my father and the sorrow I felt when he left…

 

Uncle Kwon and harabeoji were on their way to the golf club… They didn’t bring their guards because they said they wanted to have fun like the old times… But half their way to the golf club, their car was ambushed by unknown men…

They didn’t take anything… Not even a wrist watch… But the life of harabeoji and uncle Kwon… Jiane, how can this happen? Tell me? I don’t understand… 

 

I was in state of shock… My tears fell continuously… But my mind was blank… I didn’t even think of seeing Jiyong…

Then aunt approached me... She was also in pain, I could tell… She gave me a warm hug… Something I really needed…

 

Aunt: Jiane… I know appa talked to you… (Her voice cracked as she tried to stop her tears)

I just nodded….

Aunt: Jiane, listen to me…

She took my hand and looked into my eyes…

Aunt: Jiane, before appa’s last breath… He took this from his pocket and gave it to me… He asked me to give it to you…

She handed me an envelope… I didn’t want to open it, but I saw that aunt was waiting for me to look at it and see what’s inside…

I opened it… Inside was a plane ticket and a letter… I opened the letter and read it with my aunt…

 

Dear Jiane,

                My granddaughter. Whenever I see you, I see a beautiful and intelligent young lady. I see your father in you. My son has raised you well. I regret ever turning my back on my own son. If only I accepted your mother, he wouldn’t have died in such an early age. Jiane, forgive me. I love you and your father so much.

                That’s why I have decided to let you live your life. I have given much thought about this. I don’t want you to hate me like your father hated me. I will no longer force you to marry Jiyong. I’m setting you free. Today, I’m going to tell your uncle Kwon about my decision.

                I wrote this letter because I couldn’t tell you personally, please understand, Jiane. Your grandfather can be stubborn. I consider this as my last mission in my life. I hope I succeed.

                Live and love my dear granddaughter… I love you so much.

                                                                                                                            Love,

                                                                                                                                                                             

                                                                                                                                   Harabeoji.