Teaser 1#

Five Shining Boys

The rain was falling ever so lightly, trickling and tapping against the window in a calm, soothing rhythm. Most people were in their warm homes, all snuggled up by the window, hoping for the rain to end so that they may take a stroll outside and enjoy the sun that was now hidden away behind the dark clouds.

However, that does not apply to everyone. Alone in the cold, still library, there was a girl who was quite content with the rain. Rather than sitting on the empty chairs around, she chose the soft red carpet as her seat, and leaned against the hard wooden bookcase as she engrossed herself in the book in her hands. It was the new release of the romance manga series she had been following and she was immersed in the story. She was reading through the last pages and shut it tightly when she was done. Just as the book closed, she heard the ringing of the bell as the door creaked open. As the sound of the soft footsteps against the carpet grew closer, she smiled to herself and quietly put the book away. She turned to her right and looked up and there he was. Choi Minho.

"I got you your crepes and bubble tea." he said with a smile on his face as he took a seat next to her and handed her one of the white plastic bags in his hand. 

She thanked him enthusiastically as she took the bag from his hands and laid it down beside her. She looked over to the other bag he had kept for himself and spotted a red silhoutte behind the white plastic. She frowned and looked at his face before talking. "Ramen? Again?"

He looked at her surprised before he gave a small chuckle. "What? What's wrong with that?"

"You do know it's bad for your health. It's full of...unhealthy..ness. And you need to look after your health. You're an idol, afterall." she sighed and shook her head slightly.

Minho only responded to her with a grin and ruffled her hair. "Okay, I understand. But if you don't want me to eat them, then maybe you should be the one to do the shopping next time." 

"Yeah, I guess. But that's your job. And you're always the one to volunteer for it." she said, slightly pouting. "Just so you can see her..." she mumbled her last sentence softly, but it was clear enough for Minho to make out what she was saying.

He gently removed his hand from her head and rested his head against the wooden bookshelf and smiled shyly to himself. This did not go unnoticed by her but she did not need to look at him to know what expression he was putting on his face. It was one she had seen countless times. One that only appeared whenever she was in the conversation. The one girl she wished she was. 

"I really want to talk to her." he said softly.

"Then why don't you do that already? You've only been watching her and she's not going to know you're interested unless you actually do something about it." she said with a slightly annoyed tone in her voice.

"I want to...I just...don't know how." he now turned to look at her. His smile had disappeared from his lips and he now had a soft expression on his face. And his eyes. It was almost as though he had a doleful look to it. 

She sighed softly and looked away as she took a sip of her bubble tea. She was about to say something that she knew she would regret, but she could not stand seeing that expression on his face. It would only appear whenever he talked about that one girl, and it pained her. The best option for both parties was for him to get together with the girl so that she could finally give up. It was logic. She knew that he would never look at her the way she looks at him, but that didn't mean that it hurt less. "I guess I'll help..." As she said those words, she could feel Minho's mood lightening up and she quickly raised her hand to stop him from talking. "But!! You have to listen to what I say. And I can't guarantee that it'll work out. That's a risk you'll have to take."

Minho grinned and nodded as he took her hands into his and thanked her. He looked like such a kid, and as broken-hearted as she was, she couldn't help but smile. He had no idea how it made her heart jumped when he took her hand. He let go of her hand and turned his attention to the white plastic bag he had kept for himself, and she felt a slight disappointment in her.

It wasn't her hands he wanted to hold. She knew that. It was a fact she had accepted a long time ago.

 

 

Kim Soo Hyo. The one girl that was always by his side. The one girl who loved him to the fullest. Yet she was always in the shadows. All she wanted was for him to look at her, even if it was just once, but she was invisible. She was always in the dark, and that pained her heart.

They say that if you love someone, let them go.

But that's easier said than done.  

But she was ready to take the first step. 

She had to let go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's the end of the first teaser. Will be uploading teasers for all applicants as an introduction to the characters.

Hope you liked it^^