Love Pain

Five Shining Boys

Hyesha || Min Joo || Ki Young || Minjung || Soo Hyo

----------

“Hyesha?” Ki Young asked as she poked her head through the slightly opened door. When she spotted her friend sitting down on one of the couches, she smiled and walked in. “Hey. What brought you all the way here?”

Hyesha gave her a nervous laugh and wiped her sweaty palms on her jeans as she got up from her seat. “You see…the thing is…uhh…” she struggled to find the words. She had questions but she didn’t feel as though she had the right to question the girl in front of her. But she knew that she wouldn’t feel at rest until she had her questions answered. “The uh…The news!! I came about the news.”

“News…? The one about me and Jonghyun-oppa?”

Hyesha nodded her head and forced her best smile on that just made it look obvious. “I wanted to say…congratulations! I wouldn’t have guessed. The two of you hid it pretty well. You must be glad to be able to date out in the open.”

“Thanks. It feels really great that you’re supporting us.” Ki Young thanked her for her support, but she could see that she was forcing a smile on. Does she like Jonghyun-oppa? She does, doesn’t she? That’s why she looks so sad. She must really like him. What can I do? Should I just tell her the truth?

“Umm…I hope you guys are happy together. And don’t worry about the fans that aren’t supporting the two of you. They’ll come around. You two look great together, and I-“

“AHHH!!” Ki Young’s sudden shout interrupted Hyesha who looked at her with surprise.

“Did I uh…say something wrong? I didn’t mean to offend you.” she quickly apologized, worried that she might have offended the idol.

“No, you didn’t say anything. It’s just that if you keep talking like that, I won’t be able to keep my mouth shut. It looks like you like Jonghyun oppa. And I can’t keep lying. Not to my friends. So what I’m about to tell you is top secret, okay?” Ki Young said, her voice gradually getting softer as she spoke.

Hyesha nodded, curious as to what the older female had to say.

“The scandal’s a fake.”

----------

It was an early Monday morning, and Min Joo had decided to head over to the café earlier than she normally would, wanting to avoid the expected heavy crowds from the fans surrounding the area to catch a glimpse of the idols filming. When she arrived, there were already a few staff members in the café, and Min Joo went over to the back of the café where it was empty.

“Min Joo unnie?”

Min Joo quickly turned around to see the nearly 170 cm tall Sulli standing right in front of her, and for the first time in a long while, she felt annoyed at her small stature. “Yes?” What does she want? She’s not looking for trouble, is she?

Sulli reached out a hand for a shake with a smile plastered on her face. “I’m Choi Jinri. But people call me Sulli.”

Min Joo reluctantly shook the girl’s hand and gave her a smile. “Min Joo. But I guess you knew that already.”

She got a small chuckle from the girl, and she raised an eyebrow at her. “Yes, Taemin oppa talks about you sometimes. His best friend. He always talks about you as though you were a guy, but seeing you like this, you seem quite feminine.”

The hell? Is she trying to pick a fight? “Really? He doesn’t seem to talk about you that much.” Min Joo replied, putting on her best smile on her face. Take that!

She could see Sulli getting irritated at her, and Min Joo was satisfied. “I should get going now. There are a few things I need to talk to the director about. I’ll talk to you later.” Sulli said as she withdrew herself from the kitchen.

“See ya.” Min Joo said, rolling her eyes at the girl when she wasn’t looking. Who does she think she is? All the more reason to keep an eye on the two. Who knows what kind of trick she’s got up her sleeves.

----------

“Minjung.” A familiar voice called out and she turned around to find Key calling out to her.

“Oppa, you’re doing the show too?” she asked, surprised to see him there.

He nodded with a smile on his face and turned his head to see Hanna standing next to him.

“Oppa, you two know each other?” she asked, curious.

Key smiled at her and turned back to Minjung who was staring at the girl. “This is Kang Hanna. She’s a member of a group under the same label.”

Hanna gave her a smile and a polite bow. “Hello.”

Minjung gave her a bow and a smile in return, and introduced herself. “I’m Park Minjung.”

“Let’s start!!” Their introduction was cut short by the show’s director who gathered everyone to the set for the filming to begin.

----------

“Hyesha? …Hyesha? …SUNG HYESHA!!”

Hyesha quickly returned to reality and saw her friend standing in front of her desk, looking down at her. “Soo Hyo. Were you calling me? Sorry, I kind of drifted away.”

Soo Hyo shook her head at her friend and gave her a worried look. “What’s with you today? You’ve been spacing out for the whole day. If I didn’t cover for you, you’d have gotten detention by now.”

“Sorry. I’ve just been…thinking.” she apologized. “Did you hear about the news? That Jonghyun oppa and Ki Young unnie are dating?”

“Yeah. Was that what you were thinking about?” Soo Hyo asked, wondering if that was what was keeping her friend unfocused on school. “I know you’re a big fan of Jonghyun oppa.”

“Ahh…I guess?” She doesn’t know, does she? I guess not. Unnie told me that I was the only one she told. “Don’t worry about me. I’m not upset or anything.”

“Alright, but if you want to talk, then you can just come and find me.” I guess I can’t tell her the truth behind it. Minho oppa asked to keep it a secret. Heck, she doesn’t even know that I’m friends with him.  Sorry Hyesha.

----------

“Alright! Let’s wrap it up here! Good job guys!” the director ended the filming and the staff and cast all applauded each other as they got ready to pack up and leave the set. Minjung was packing up her bag while talking to some of the staff when she felt a light tap on her shoulder, and she turned to find Hanna smiling at her.

“Oh, Hanna. Is there something?”

“Nothing. Good job today.” She smiled at her as she shook the girl’s hand. “You and Kibum oppa know each other?”

“…Yeah. We’re friends.” Minjung didn’t know quite how to respond to her question, but the least she could say was that they were friends, seeing as they had agreed to start over as friends. “Why?”

“Ah, I see. No reason. Was just wondering. Because you and oppa seem quite close. He talks about you sometimes, and he’s being very friendly towards you, so I was just curious.”

He talks about me? What about? “I see. You seem to be quite close with him as well.”

“Ahh, no. We’re from the same company but we hardly spoke to each other until a few days ago.” She checked the time on her phone, and quickly shot back up to look at the taller girl. “I have to go now. Bye.” She gave her a quick wave and quickly rushed out the door, grabbing Key with her as she made her way through the set. Watching her hold him by his hand made Minjung feel a sudden sharp pain in her chest.

Aish. Why am I feeling like this? I can’t be jealous, can I? 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter~

What did you think?

Next chapter is currently being worked on. 

Hope I didn't disappoint. And I think....drama is coming soon. 

Maybe in two chapters or so. I'll see how it goes. 

Oh yeah! I changed some ages. Hope you don't mind.

And I'm kind of stuck on chapter names so please excuse the terrible names I come up with.