Healing

Five Shining Boys

Hyesha || Min Joo || Ki Young || Minjung || Soo Hyo

----------

“Yes!!” Minho shouted as he pumped his fist in the air, excited at the goal he had just scored that won him the game.

Soo Hyo, exhausted, dropped on her knees and shook her head when Minho looked to her for another game. Understanding that she was already at her limit, he complied to her request and sat down beside her before laying down on the wet grass, following Soo Hyo.

“Why are you so competitive?” she said as she continued panting. “You could’ve let me score a little.” she pouted.

“But I did. I let you score four times on purpose.” Minho laughed. When he saw Soo Hyo gaped at him, his laughing got louder. “Okay, I guess you scored one on your own.”

“You! I don’t believe this!” Sure, she wasn’t the best at sports. But that didn’t mean that she was terrible at it. She was going to argue more with him, but seeing him laugh like that melted her heart and made her smile, glad that he was looking better than last night. She sighed and shook her head. “I’ll let you off this time.”

Minho stopped laughing and turned to face her and smiled, thankful for her presence. He sat up, causing Soo Hyo to do the same.

“What?” she asked, confused as to why he was looking at her in such a way.

“Nothing.” he said as he pulled her close and made her rest her head on his shoulder. “Thank you.”

Soo Hyo got red and hot from the closeness and wanted to get away, but she didn’t want to push him away. “I-It’s alright. Just…glad you’re looking better.”

“You should worry about your own troubles before you start worrying about mine.” he said as he turned his head slightly to look at her. “What are you going to do about your brother? I didn’t ask before because it’s your family’s business, but I can’t help but worry.”

She sighed, remembering that her brother was leaving the family and that soon, she and her older sister would have to start supporting each other and their mother. “It’s alright. I’ll figure something out.”

“If you need anything, don’t hesitate to ask me. You’re always there for me, so it’s my turn to be there for you now.” 

----------

Min Joo opened the door and instantly stopped her movements when she heard a sobbing voice in the house. She immediately recognized the voice as her mother’s and didn’t know what to do. She slowly started making her way to the living room silently to see what was going on, and she found her mom on her knees, sobbing.

She immediately retreated back to the front door and took a deep breath, thinking of what she should do next. After thinking through all the possibilities, she dropped her keys on the counter loudly.

“Mom! I’m home!” she shouted. It was the best she could do. She knew that her mother wouldn’t want her to know that she had been crying, and she didn’t know what else to do. The best she could do was to pretend that she hadn’t seen anything.

She slowly made her way to the same room her mother had been in, giving the elder enough time to wipe the tears off her face. “Mom?”

“Here, sweetie.” she smiled as she wiped her eyes. “It’s the damn onions. You’re home early today.”

“Yeah. The café’s been kind of…not working. And filming ended early today. Besides, the first episode is broadcasting today, so I was thinking of watching it.” Min Joo said as she put on her best smile. “Want to join me?”

Her mother accepted her offer and the two soon sat down and tuned in on the TV, looking for little Min Joo cameos as the episode progressed.

----------

“Taemin and Sulli sure make a cute couple. The first episode already got such a high rating and everyone’s excited at the new couple. Some fans even want you guys to date in real life.” the host said as he looked at the two idol stars. “Would you ever consider it?”

“Ah…that. Taemin oppa is very charming and cool, but also cute. I’ve said before that he’s my ideal type, but going out would cause too much scandal.” Sulli said as she smiled shyly, causing the audience and other guest stars to start teasing the two.

“Taemin, what about you?” the host asked, now turning to Taemin. “She said she would go out with you. Would you go out with her?”

Taemin immediately straightened up from his slouched position and started thinking. “Uhh…that would cause too much scandal. For now, I want to concentrate on my music first.”

The crowd was disappointed with his answer, just as he had expected. But he didn’t want to lie. He looked around the set and noticed that Sulli’s expression had changed from her earlier happy look, and he slouched back into the chair and sighed, waiting for the show to end.

There were so many other things he wanted to do. Rest, eat, sleep. But firstly, he had to talk to Min Joo. He hadn’t had the chance to talk to her after her date with Minho, and he was curious as to how it went.

----------

Min Joo absentmindedly wiped the tables as she thought about what she had seen last night, worried. She couldn’t shake the image of her mother’s tears off her mind, and not knowing the reason made her worried even more. Her thoughts were distracted when she was tapped on the shoulder by her manager, waking her from her dream world once again.

“There’s someone here to see you.” Minhyuk said, pointing to the tall man standing behind him.

She looked over his shoulders to see who it was, and immediately made it out as Minho. Choi Minho. Panic immediately invaded her mind. What was he here for? Is he mad at her for the way she acted on the date? Was he here to yell at her? The questions filled her mind and she felt really bad for the way she acted towards him, but she noticed that he didn’t look the least bit angry.

Her manager left them alone, and Minho approached her slowly.

“Umm…about that day…” Min Joo started off. “I’m really sorry.”

She looked to the ground, ready for whatever yelling her had for her, but to her surprise, she felt a gentle hand on the top of her head, and she looked up to find him smiling.

“Don’t worry about it. I didn’t come for an apology or anything like that.” He smiled as he ruffled her long hair. “I’m not that scary, am I?”

“No! Definitely not!” she immediately responded, shaking her head. “I just…thought you’d be mad.”

“No, I understand. Upset, maybe? But…there was someone who was there for me. So don’t worry okay? I came because I thought you might feel bad about what happened.” he said, withdrawing his hand from her. “I guess I was right?”

She grinned at him and nodded. “I guess. But seeing you like this, I guess it makes me feel better.”

“Good.” Minho’s smile widened. “Then we’re still friends?”

“Of course!” she jumped and hugged him, her love of skinship coming  into play.

Seeing this from afar, he had nothing else to do but to assume that what he had feared was true. They were dating. The date was a success. She did tell him that she liked him, but why didn’t Minho tell him that they were going out? Even Key had told him about getting back together with Minjung, so why didn’t Minho? He had returned to the dorm that night so broken hearted, making it seem that things didn’t work out, but it looks like he had been worried over nothing.  Taemin sighed, feeling disappointed and angry at the scene, and immediately left the place. He didn’t know hwy, but he couldn’t stand to see the sight of the two together. 

----------

Whispers filled the corridor as the tall, long-legged brunette walked past it. It had been a long time since she attended school. Work had kept her busy, and she was tired. And although her brother insisted that she stay at home and rest, she didn’t want to fall behind on school.

“Minjung!! You came!!” a familiar voice shouted across the corridor.

Minjung looked up to see a figure sprinting towards her, dragging another along with her. It was Hyesha and Soo Hyo. The only two girls she was actually friends with. She had always found herself more comfortable around the opposite gender, mainly due to her brother’s influence, and the two girls coming in her direction were the only ones she could really relax around with.

Minjung gave them a wave and smiled, welcoming her friends whom she had no met in a long time.

----------

Ki Young was busy packing her bags as Hanna watched her from the door.

“Need help?” the blonde asked. “You look like you’re a little bit out of place.”

“No, I’m about done anyways.” the brunette replied as she turned around to face the girl. “I’m just…so excited!”

“About the kids at the orphanage or about the fact that you’ll be alone with Jonghyun?” Hanna asked, raising her brow.

Ki Young sighed and plopped onto the bed, pouting. “Do you have to do this? And besides, there’ll be the camera crew everywhere, so we won’t really be alone.”

“Just so you know, I’m not doing it because it’s fun to watch.” Hanna said as she walked into the room and sat down on the vanity chair. When Ki Young raised her brow at her, she rolled her eyes. “Okay, maybe it is fun. But it’s also because I actually genuinely care about you. Do you like him, or do you not?”

“I... I don’t know.” She said, biting her bottom lip.

“It’s so obvious you do!” Hanna exclaimed, giggling at her friend.

“Really? Is it really? But I don’t even know if I like him!”

“Alright, alright. Perhaps it’s because I know you so well. You know your acts don’t work on me. But calm down!” Hanna got up from her seat and placed her hands on Ki Young’s shoulders and bent down so that they were at the same eye-level. “I’ll stop talking about it until you can admit it yourself, alright? Use the two days alone to figure it out.”

“…Yes boss.”

-------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter~

Mid-terms ended and phew~

Next chapter hopefully won't be too long away.

But finals are so close!

But anyways, I'll try writing whenever I can.

Hopefully, I didn't disappoint.