Experiencing Love: Loneliness

First Love

Seohyun smiled as she jumped around the dorm, phone gripped tightly in her head. She was planning to call Kyuhyun later, but Seohyun wasn't exactly sure when. She had gained some sort of trust, an emotion which caused her certainty that if she called Kyuhyun, he would pick up. Seohyun's smile spoke more than any of her words could have ever expressed. After all, the Girls' Generation maknae was never one to tell her exact emotions to another. Seohyun usually displayed her feelings through expression, actions or movements. And still, only the most observant people were able to notice.

"Joohyun, come over here." Taeyeon called suddenly. Being on obedient maknae, much in comparison to Kyuhyun, she quickly stood up and walked over to the elder.

"What is it Unnie?" Asked Seohyun politely, unaware of why she had been called.

"Well-" Taeyeon began, only to be cut off when Sooyoung and Yoona suddenly began to scream. All eyes turned to the flustered pair as water dripped off the coffee table and onto the floor.

"Ah, oh no! I spilled my glass of water!" Yoona exclaimed in a somewhat distressed way, while Sooyoung was thinking of something else.

"Joohyunnie's phone!" Sooyoung exclaimed, holding the phone up and shaking the water of its body. Seohyun's eyes widened with that. She had left her phone on the coffee table innocently in front of the television. She didn't think that such a circumstance was going to come up.

"..." Seohyun went silent, watching the scene continue.

"It's not turning on, it's not turning on, it's not turning on." Yoona repeated, taking the phone from Sooyoung's hands and feeling extremely apologetic about the situation.

"Is it broken?" Asked Seohyun quietly, her heart racing just a tiny beat. It was so much different from the way her heart would beat with Kyuhyun. Yoona turned to the maknae, giving a sad look.

"I think so. Sorry, the water must have gotten into its circuits. I'm so sorry Joohyun, really, I'll buy you a new one." Yoona spoke sadly, Seohyun felt her body tense. Though, being the mature maknae, Seohyun shook her head and sent a smile.

"...Don't worry about it, it's fine." Seohyun stated happily, faking it, but it seemed that none of the others realised it.

"Are you sure?" Asked Yoona, Seohyun nodded before staring at the clock on the wall by the kitchen counter.

"Yes. I'm actually beginning to feel a little sleepy, I'm going to bed now." Seohyun spoke, causing the rest to feel surprised. To them, it was still so early, especially considering that they didn't have a schedule to follow the next day.

"It's only 10pm." Jessica spoke from the couch, Seohyun waved her hand and continued to smile.

"I'm just feeling a little sleepy, goodnight." Seohyun said, retreating away.

"Goodnight..." Seohyun heard her unnies say as the maknae crept into her room, silently closing the door on the ignored apologies. Honestly, Seohyun knew better than to throw a tantrum, there was no point in complaining over such an accident. Still though, she wasn't happy with the situation, and she wasn't able to calm down her restless heart. Seohyun was going to call Kyuhyun and thank him once again, letting him know just how grateful she was.

Seohyun bit her quivering lip and held her breath, untying the dark hair which was once held above her neck. The maknae shook her head and groaned uncharacteristically, it was only for a night. Just one. Tomorrow, when Seohyun went back to the SM Entertainment building, Kyuhyun would be there. He wasn't planning on going anywhere soon, and even if Kyuhyun was, he would have told her and Seohyun would have felt secure. To a point anyway. Honestly, the Girls' Generation maknae realised that she had problems feeling security.

Nonetheless, Kyuhyun was always going to be there for her when she needed it. Seohyun knew it well, so why... why on Earth was she feeling so miserable on the inside? It didn't make sense, but Seohyun should have known by now, love never made sense. Seohyun stood there simply, trying to figure out what emotions she was harbouring this time besides the clear anxiety of not being able to speak to the other. After a couple minutes deep in thought and confusion, Seohyun opened her eyes with an obvious realisation.

She missed Kyuhyun.

It was as simple as that.

Was this another part of her obsession? Seohyun sighed, closing the little lamp on her bedside table and sneaking under the sheets. How could Seohyun miss Kyuhyun? She had seen him only a couple hours before, and yet, she already wanted to be in his presence again. Seohyun wanted, although knowing at the back of her mind that it wouldn't be right, to be held in Kyuhyun's arms. She remembered running, holding onto Kyuhyun's hand, the anxiety and joy she felt, there was nothing which could have matched up to those emotions. Seohyun smiled slightly when she recalled the feeling of Kyuhyun's hand tightly holding her's, such an odd but missed sensation.

Other than longing for someone though, Seohyun felt a more extreme emotions inside her heart. Loneliness. Now that, Seohyun could not understand at all. How was it possible for her to be lonely when outside the room, were 8 other girls who would have been happy to keep her company? Seohyun sighed to herself, she was only feeling lonely because of Kyuhyun. He had taken up so much of her thoughts, so much of her heart, and so much of her mind that after being with him and seeing him leave, she felt alone. Love, Seohyun couldn't have helped but think to herself, was troublesome.

She felt, suddenly, a cold sensation on her cheek. Seohyun's eyes widened, immediately rubbing it away. She knew, they were tear stains. Seohyun felt foolish again, because crying, especially with all this progress, was completely pointless. To miss Kyuhyun and to feel lonely? And then to start crying?

It was completely pointless, and Seohyun thought she knew better than that.

Seohyun tried to dry her tears, but they kept on coming, they kept on causing her to feel even more idiotic than she did before. She sighed, taking the Mp3 player from the side table and plugging in the earphones. Silently, Seohyun pressed play and listened, it was one of Kyuhyun's OSTs. He always did have one of the most lovely voices.

Seohyun smiled while hearing him sing, feeling, though still confused, a little less lonely than before.

------------------------------------------------------

Finally a chapter update... Hehe, holidays have finally started and I'm so happy! Did you like this chapter?~ ^^