Experiencing Love: Hope

First Love

The walk to the Girls' Generation dorm was rather silent; at least it was for the beginning of it. Neither of the maknaes said a word to each other, nervousness and awkwardness was beginning to arise. Seohyun felt her cheeks burn a slight pink for no absolute reason. Or, perhaps, it was simply because Kyuhyun was beside her. Perhaps it was just because she was wearing Kyuhyun's scarf. The warmth, the scent, it was enough to drive Seohyun insane. Well, at least, that's what Seohyun told herself. Honestly, the scarf wasn't the thing that was driving Seohyun insane. It was just love.

Kyuhyun ruffled his own hair, glancing at Seohyun at every moment he could, whenever he was sure she was not looking. He couldn't understand why she was constantly looking away with a reddened expression, was she sick? Kyuhyun quickly shook his head, biting his bottom lip. It was too quiet for his liking. Perhaps his action, giving Seohyun his scarf, was the reason for this awkwardness; or maybe it was because of his cliché comment. Kyuhyun mentally scolded himself.

"...Joohyun." Kyuhyun called in a somewhat serious tone, Seohyun quickly turned her head and stopped walking.

"Hm?" Seohyun hummed, not being able to find any strength to speak since the end of her tongue had literally gone numb. It had fumbled around in for the last 5 to 10 minutes, attempting to find the courage to bring up a conversation.

"If you keep walking, you're going to knock into the sign." Kyuhyun said simply, bemused at Seohyun's somewhat odd behaviour. Seohyun's eyes quickly shot in front of her, eyes widening as she had noticed she'd walked off the sidewalk and onto the grassed area almost at the road. Seohyun quickly flushed a deep red due to embarrassment.

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't paying attention." Seohyun quickly apologised in a flustered manner, absolutely humiliated at the simple situation. Love caused simple incidents to drive her emotions overboard. Seohyun hesitantly stared up at Kyuhyun, who instead of giving some sort of smirk of mockery which he would, Kyuhyun gave her an affectionate smile and gentle eyes. Seohyun loved the fact that the expression was directed towards her.

"It's fine. Come on, this way." Kyuhyun replied, signalling Seohyun to turn left at the corner. Seohyun nodded, not even bothering to check if it were the corect path. Usually when travelling with just about anyone, Seohyun would make sure that the route was the proper one, just in case they were to become lost. This time though, Seohyun didn't. She trusted Kyuhyun. And besides, if the two maknaes were to become lost... Seohyun wouldn't have been bothered, because Kyuhyun was going to be with her.

"...Oppa." Seohyun whispered quietly, Kyuhyun turned his head immediately. If there was any chance of conversation, Kyuhyun was willing to take it.

"Yeah? What is it?" Kyuhyun asked, Seohyun looked away and bit her lower lip.

"When..." Seohyun began, unsure of whether to ask the certain question.

"Yeah?" Kyuhyun urged the younger maknae to go on. Seohyun shook her head though, scolding herself. It wasn't the right question to ask. Seohyun wanted to say to Kyuhyun, 'When you think about me, are you simply doing it because of affection?'. Such a question would have crossed over the imaginary line which Seohyun set in her head. The other question Seohyun wanted to ask was, 'Why do you think of me?', but she didn't have the nerve to do that either.

"Nevermind, it's nothing. Really." Seohyun said with her cheeks reddened, feeling embarrassed about her failed attempt to ask a question which had lingered on her mind for some time now. Kyuhyun gave a concerned look.

"...Are you sure?" Kyuhyun questioned, Seohyun nodded.

"Positive." Seohyun replied. Kyuhyun nodded, giving a heavy sigh.

"Okay then. Silence it is." Kyuhyun muttered, eyes widening at his own statement. Kyuhyun silently groaned, if only he could control his tongue. His eyes wondered to Seohyun who gave a curious expression.

"What?" Seohyun asked in her heart-warming tone, Kyuhyun shook his head.

"Nothing." Kyuhyun uttered. Seohyun bit her lip.

"Um... How... how was your schedule?" Seohyun asked, desperate to cause a proper discussion between the two. Kyuhyun raised a brow.

"...Good?" Kyuhyun spoke in a questioning tone, Seohyun quickly became flustered.

"N-Not what I meant... Um, what did you do? Anything interesting?" Seohyun asked once again, causing the question to become more direct than it was before. Kyuhyun's eyes shot up as he thought.

"Well, I had a fansigning." Kyuhyun spoke, Seohyun smiled slightly. If only she was there as well.

"Hm, did fans line up for you?" Seohyun questioned, quickly feeling stupid once the words had left . This was Cho Kyuhyun, maknae and main vocalist of Super Junior. Obviously fans lined up for him.

"Of course they did. I was surprised to see foreigners there though, especially foreigners who were male." Kyuhyun muttered, not bothering to hide the wondrous tone in his voice when mentioning male foreigners.

"Oppa's charming." Seohyun complimented, Kyuhyun gave a arrogant yet thankful expression.

"Thanks. I know I am." Kyuhyun spoke, Seohyun giggled at the elder's words. Thankfully, the heavy atmosphere was beginning to become lighter. She stared back at Kyuhyun.

"It's not good to be arrogant." Seohyun spoke, Kyuhyun smiled back at the younger.

"I'm not arrogant, I simply know the truth." Kyuhyun retorted, Seohyun rolled her eyes playfully.

"Fine." Seohyun mumbled. Kyuhyun gave an affectionate look, although, Seohyun didn't seem to notice.

"So, when you-" Kyuhyun was cut off when he heard voices behind.

 

"Isn't that Kyuhyun from Super Junior?" A girl's voice asked loudly, the two maknaes froze.

"Oh, Seohyun from Girls' Generation!" The other exclaimed. The maknaes turned around, making eye-contact with the two girls. Bad idea.

"They're... Oh my-" Seohyun didn't hear what the girl was about to say, instead, listening to Kyuhyun's words.

"Come on, let's run." Kyuhyun quickly muttered, taking a hold of Seohyun's hand and pulling her with him. He could see it from the corner of his eye; the two girls behind them were busy taking out their phones. Kyuhyun bit his lip, he wasn't going to be part of another scandal. Not know, not while things were going exactly how he wanted them to go. Kyuhyun wasn't going to allow such a trivial thing to bring down the name of Super Junior, not to mention Seohyun's name.

Seohyun simply nodded, quickly running just behind Kyuhyun. Her cheeks felt heated once again. It seemed like a drama, some sort of forbidden love. The only problem was that Kyuhyun didn't feel the same way. Did he? Seohyun shook her head; it wasn't good to have such thoughts. But still, the warmth of Kyuhyun's hand was enough to make her feel so completely loved. His grip on hers, tight yet gentle. Seohyun let a smile crawl to her lips, and hopefully, Kyuhyun didn't notice.

The maknaes couldn't hear anything but the beating of their own hearts. Was that due to how hard they were running, or was it because of each other. These thoughts, the train which was travelling inside their heads... in no time, they had finally reached the building of the Girls' Generation dorm.

"We're finally... here." Kyuhyun huffed, Seohyun nodded as she placed a hand on her forehead. Her body was completely heated due to the sudden exercise. And Kyuhyun's presence. Still, no matter how tired Seohyun was feeling, she bowed.

"Thank you for walking me home." Seohyun said courteously. Her eyes widened, realising that she was still holding onto Kyuhyun's hand. She bit her lip, reluctantly letting go. It wasn't proper for her to hold on. Not anymore anyway.

"You're welcome." Kyuhyun spoke, Seohyun didn't seem to realise the way his eyes glazed over their parted hands. 

"Hm, I'll tell my unnies, they'll probably thank you as well." Seohyun smiled, Kyuhyun smiled back but shook his head.

"I don't think you should, they might end up scolding me for not calling them." Kyuhyun explained, knowing the Girls' Generation members quite well. They were family after all.

"Ah, I understand." Seohyun muttered. With those words, the atmosphere went cold once again.

"...Well... yeah." Kyuhyun mumbled, Seohyun's eyes widened. It was time to part.

"Um... goodbye." Seohyun spoke in a whisper, rather reluctant to say those words. Kyuhyun gave a nod.

"Bye. See you later." Kyuhyun said, heading for the door. His steps were slow. Seohyun's breathing became heavy. Before he went, she wanted to ask. Seohyun had seen it many times, she didn't want to experience pondering about a question all through the night when there was an opportunity to ask.

"...Wait." Seohyun finally called, Kyuhyun stopped and turned around.

"What is it? Joohyun?" Kyuhyun asked softly, Seohyun felt her head beat faster. Was love always this difficult? Was asking a simple sentence more difficult than saving the world?

"Um, remember how you said you think of me?" Seohyun questioned timidly, Kyuhyun's eyes quickly widened.

"...Yeah." Kyuhyun muttered, taking a little step closer to the Girls' Generation maknae.

"Well, it's just... I was wondering, why do you think of me?" Seohyun asked, that question drained all of Seohyun's energy.

"..." Kyuhyun fell silent.

"Oppa?" Seohyun asked again, heart pounding. She became afraid that her question would cause awkwardness or friction between the two. Kyuhyun bit his lower lip.

"...Because I want to, is there something wrong with that? Are you uncomfortable because of it?" Kyuhyun quickly asked, Seohyun shook her head vigorously at the question.

"N-No, I mean, um, it's fine." Seohyun stuttered, Kyuhyun couldn't help but laugh. He raised a hand up, ruffling Seohyun's already slightly messy hair.

"You're so cute, bye." Kyuhyun stated, giving a gentle gaze before retreating to the door. He waved, fading away into the distance. 

Seohyun's heart felt as if it were going to explode. Kyuhyun had called her, 'cute'. Such a simple word, such a simple sentence, and yet, Seohyun had never experienced such happiness. She grinned, arms trailing up towards her neck. Seohyun's eyes widened, she forgot to gie Kyuhyun's scarf back. She smiled secretly; it was simply another reason to meet Kyuhyun once again. Seohyun walked into the building, her heart beat increased more and more. Thinking about everything, perhaps, there was a chance that Kyuhyun loved her back.

That fire of hope... it began to burn brightly.

Perhaps it wasn't as one-sided as Seohyun thought.

 


---------------------------------------------

I'm back... miss me? Sorry, I had a couple tests and put this story to the sidelines for a bit... Hey, I'm wondering, would you prefer it if I began to mix Kyuhyun's perspective into the story, stick to Seohyun's perspective or just post a mirror story of this from Kyuhyun's side? What do you think?.. But yeah, I hope you enjoyed it~ ^^