Experiencing Love: Disappointment

First Love

Kyuhyun sat in bed, eyes closing heavily before struggling to open them once again. He was waiting. He expected Seohyun to call, but she hadn't. Whether those words sounded arrogant or not, Kyuhyun wasn't sure. He didn't want to seem drenched in expectancy, since that would only make him seem conceited, and Seohyun told him that it wasn't good to be arrogant. With that thought, Kyuhyun groaned to himself. Yes, everything she said did linger in his head. Everything; her questions, answers and simple statements or comments which were said during the day all mattered to Kyuhyun. He took some sort of importance in what Seohyun said, but never honestly understood why. Her words, and someone else's words, was there really a difference?

Well, Kyuhyun thought to himself every so often when thinking of the question, there was a difference.

Yes, the difference was that Kyuhyun actually did listen to what Seohyun said.

The maknae sighed heavily, lying back down onto his bed and turning onto his side. Kyuhyun shouldn't have been behaving in a way, he shouldn't have been waiting. First of all, he was sure that Seohyun had no emotions towards him what so ever, she was too innocent for that. And even if Kyuhyun found out that Seohyun loved him back, he still wouldn't have done anything. The relationship would have been taboo, and if found out, there would have been a huge scandal. Kyuhyun, over the many years of being known by the general public, had his fair share of scandals and netizen attack. He knew the pain of it all.

Kyuhyun also knew that Seohyun also had her fair share of backlash, so Kyuhyun was determined to make sure that it wasn't going to happen again.

He groaned, perhaps he shouldn't have even acknowledged the fact that he loved Seohyun. Perhaps he was already way out of line. Kyuhyun tried to calm the tenseness in his heart, the pain which was stabbing into his body. Nothing was more desirable than a beautiful, lovely, smart, kind, young, innocent woman. Especially one that you couldn't have. Maybe it was because Seohyun was so out of reach, so close yet so far, that it made Kyuhyun yearn for her even more. It made him long for her, wanting to become Seohyun's 'everything'. Kyuhyun wanted to hold a place in her heart, not caring of the size. If Seohyun thought about him, just once a day, Kyuhyun would have been exstatic.

Sudden nervousness then ran into Kyuhyun's body, his words coming back to him. What he had said before. Kyuhyun shouldn't have said it, he shouldn't have been honest, he should have not even spoken in response to Seohyun's voice. It was only her who could have made Kyuhyun forget everything. Forget who he was, who he was trying to be and who he was 'meant' to be. Kyuhyun placed his forearm over his eyes, praying that Seohyun wasn't going to find him awkward the next time they met. Kyuhyun honestly did try, little by little, and managed to become a precious person to Seohyun. He managed to get close enough for her to trust him.

All that was really, though, was a bad decision. Now, Kyuhyun was so close to the other maknae, so attached and so mesmerised by her that he wasn't able to leave Seohyun alone in his thoughts. What was going on?

It was like being stuck in a room with no lights, fear and anxiety always attached because Kyuhyun never knew what was going to happen. Though, the door to leave was always there, and no one was guarding it either. Kyuhyun could have easily ran out, feeling safe once again in the Sun. But for some strange reason, he didn't move. Kyuhyun simply sat there, waiting for somebody to turn on the lights.

Kyuhyun wasn't able to deny it, he felt disappointed, let down to some extent, even though there was no real way of knowing that Seohyun was actually going to call him. He assumed that she would, being the curteous maknae Seohyun usually was, call him to simply thank him for his somewhat 'selfless' deed. Kyuhyun had seen it often, Seohyun calling others to thank them for the simplest things. Why hadn't she called him? Kyuhyun's body went numb. Did she forget? Or did she simply think he wasn't worth it? Or was it that she wasn't able to?

Kyuhyun felt like he was going insane, and all because of Seohyun.

"Kyuhyun, you should sleep. What are you waiting for?" A voice called from the other side, Kyuhyun froze slightly, so lost in thought that the voice of someone else had pretty much scared him. Kyuhyun turned, Sungmin lying on the other bed on the other side of the room. Kyuhyun sat up, shaking his head for just a second.

"I'm not waiting for anything, hyung, I'm just expecting something." Kyuhyun replied, causing Sungmin to feel confused. Was there really a difference? Perhaps a slight one, but nothing too major. Sungmin stopped himself from commenting on it though, too sleepy to speak such complicated words.

"Did it come?" Sungmin asked simply, the dimmed light coming from the computer screen highlighting Kyuhyun's faltering smile. The answer was obvious, and Sungmin felt guilt when seeing such a disappointed expression on the other's face.

"If it did, then I wouldn't be up so late." Kyuhyun said bluntly, his eyes sullen as they stared to the phone. Not a sound, not a vibration. Nothing.

"What are you expecting anyway?" Sungmin questioned, hesitant to go on, but curious to know what could have caused the usually joyus maknae to seem to dull.

"A phonecall." Kyuhyun whispered, his voice shaking slightly, his train of thoughts revisiting every place it had stopped. Memories filled his mind, memories which only made him more and more attached. Kyuhyun cursed mentally, he was trying to let go.

"From who?" Sungmin asked, Kyuhyun gave a light shrug as he laid back down onto the mattress, the surface of it feeling more uncomfortable than what he had recalled.

"A friend of mine." Kyuhyun answered, turning back to face the wall. Sungmin frowned silently, unsure of why Kyuhyun was being so vague with most of his answers. Sungmin stared for a second, biting his lip with concern before sitting back down onto his back.

"...I'm sure, whoever you're waiting to receive a call from, it will come tomorrow. Sleep Kyuhyun, or else." Sungmin threatened, Kyuhyun smiled slightly as he thought that the words did not match up with his tone. Sungmin always managed to make him feel better, whether or not it was on purpose.

"Fine." Kyuhyun stated simply, his voice becoming stronger to what it usually was. Sungmin smiled when hearing that, slowly sinking into dreamland. Kyuhyun opened and closed his eyes for a couple seconds, sending a text which would, perhaps, never be read.

---------------------
Draft 6:

To: Seohyun
I love you.
From: Kyuhyun

------------------------------------

Okay, it just happens that on the holidays, my laptop broke... and I couldn't get a hang of my new laptop, it's been taking me a while to get how to use it. Oh, and my friend who makes kpop dedication videos has convinced me to make a dedication video for Kyuhyun. Whether or not I'll post it is a different story, but pushing that aside, what song should I use? And if I complete it, would you guys want to see it?~