Experiencing Love: Happiness

First Love

Seohyun woke up the next morning without any thought of the day before. She was trying ever so desperately to forget it. Seohyun looked around the darkened room, there was an unusual silence in the dorms. Usually there would be chatter heard from outside. But then again, her Unnies weren't there. Quickly, Seohyun looked at the clock hanging on the wall, it was 11am already. Seohyun's eyes widened at the sight, since when did she wake up so late? She turned her head to see a note on the table explaining that her Unnies had a schedule to meet. Seohyun nodded unconsciously, today was her break from work. Too bad Seohyun had to spend it all alone. As the maknae stood up from her bed, a gentle chill engulfed her body. And with that, she felt it.

Her dried tears staining her cheeks.

Seohyun opened up the curtains, squinting at the sunlight which quickly hit her pale skin. Slowly, she stared into the mirror on the bedside table. Seohyun was never really one to cry. Well, not in the current situation anyway. To her, it was foolish to cry when nothing devastating has happened. Why was it so confusing? Seohyun let her soft fingers gently graze her tear stained cheeks. Was this what it felt like to be in love? Was this how it was meant to be? Or was Seohyun simply experiencing a disease? The maknae did hope it was a sickness, even though she already knew it wasn't. If what Seohyun was experiencing was just a illness, all she had to do was go buy some medicine. Seohyun didn't know how to cure love though, it was all new to her. And soon, more questions popped up in Seohyun's head.

Why did it hurt so badly when nothing really happened? Why on Earth was it like this? Was it simply because Seohyun was weak? Did it hurt so much because it was wrong? Was the feeling even right? Did it always feel like this? Why did Seohyun feel something she didn't even want to? Why was everything hurting so much?

The maknae bit her lip to mute another whimper, holding back her sorrowful tears. Slowly, Seohyun picked up her phone. Kyuhyun's number was still visible on the screen, she never managed to call. It was so simple, yet the maknae couldn't do it. Seohyun's gentle eyes became cold as she stared, why did she have to be so weak? Seohyun's fingers grazed the call button, body still shaking uncontrollably, just like yesterday. But today though, Seohyun did something she didn't manage to do the day before.

With a shivering figure, Seohyun called.

She shook slightly, Seohyun never remembered the ringtone ever being so long. The phone was loosely pressed against her ear, throat going unnaturally dry. Why was there so much fear in such a simple task? Seohyun's breathing had suddenly become tense and heavy, something which the maknae had never really experienced. Seohyun only had one thought in her head. Please pick up... Maybe there was an angel looking over the maknae, for her wish was granted.

"...H-Hello?" Seohyun whispered into the phone hesitantly, not hearing a voice. Seohyun's chest tightened as she spoke, her stomach was knotting strangely once again. The maknae put a hand over her stomach.

"Hello? Joohyun?" Said a low, warm and husky voice, obviously it was Kyuhyun's voice. No other's. Nobody could ever mistake Kyuhyun's voice for someone else's, especially not Seohyun. At that moment, she felt butterflies in her stomach. Kyuhyun had picked up her call. A smile unconsciously crept to Seohyun's lips, a warm blush making it's way to her cheeks. She felt so happy. Why?

"Y-Yes."' Seohyun stuttered, her voice squeaking just slightly in a rather high tone. Seohyun covered her own mouth for a second, since when did she have such odd manners?

"Oh, you called me... Why did you call?" Kyuhyun asked with curiosity in his gentle voice, melodic as ever. Seohyun was silent for a second, she just wanted to hear his voice. It sent shivers down her spine. Oh, how she missed listening to him speak to her in such a way.

"...No... No real reason..." Seohyun replied timidly, a little embarrassed at her answer. Who would call without a reason? Seohyun thought of how stupid she must have sounded to him.

"Huh, so you just wanted to hear my voice? I know, it's amazing." Kyuhyun spoke with his usual, smug and prideful tone of voice. Once Seohyun heard this, she giggled happily in a way she hardly ever did. Kyuhyun was always like this, so proud and confident all the time. But that wasn't a bad thing or anything. Honestly, to Seohyun, that was one of the most attractive things about him. The Girls' Generation maknae shook her head once again, it wasn't appropriate to have such thoughts.

"Kyuhyun oppa!" Seohyun exclaimed happily in a scolding tone, a clear smile plastered onto her lips. She felt her heart skip a beat when she heard Kyuhyun's intoxicating laugh.

"I'm only joking. But really, did you call me for no reason?" Kyuhyun once asked once again, just to make sure. After all, maybe Seohyun didn't even know this, but she was one of Kyuhyun's top priorities.

"...Well... I just wanted to tell you..." Seohyun's voice hitched, she wanted to tell him this for so long. She felt very nervous, why was this? "... I miss you Oppa. I miss you a lot."

"..." With that, it all of a sudden went silent. Kyuhyun went quiet and did not reply. Seohyun became tense with that. Had she made things awkward? A strong feeling of regret was suddenly sent over her.

"...K-Kyuhyun oppa?" Seohyun stuttered hesitantly, hoping she would receive a reply.

"I missed you too. A lot. I was bored of waiting for you to call." Kyuhyun said, his voice sincere and true. Seohyun felt the blush on her cheeks increase. Just like that, Seohyun felt overwhelming happiness.

"You waited for me to call??" Seohyun questioned in a somewhat excited way, Kyuhyun chuckled quietly for a couple seconds.

"Hyunnie, I don't give out my number to people if I don't want them to call me." Kyuhyun told the other, Seohyun giggled once again. She did enjoy it when Kyuhyun would just call her Hyunnie. With the Super Junior Maknae's phrase, Seohyun's eyes widened. She repeated Kyuhyun's sentence in her head.

"..." She didn't reply, she was too nervous to. Just the very fact that Kyuhyun was implying that he wanted Seohyun to call him... Her heart was fluttering. She felt tense, but a plesant sensation lingered. Seohyun never experienced such a strong feeling of happiness. Her eyes were even ttearing up just a bit.

"Joohyun-ah. Hyunnie-ah, are you still there?" Kyuhyun asked, worried when he heard no reply.  Unconsciously, Seohyun nodded.

"Y-Yes!" Seohyun exclaimed with a joyus smile.

"Good, it went silent. I thought you left or something." Kyuhyun said to his dongsaeng, Seohyun simply shook her head.

"...I'd never leave in such a way Oppa. Never." Seohyun replied with a type of feeling she hasn't experienced. So much happiness.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, the update was so short! >__<   I've decided to set this story up from Seohyun's perspective, experiencing love for the first time... The story will end probably when she ends up with Kyuhyun!~ ^^