Experiencing Love: Acceptance

First Love

Seohyun smiled to herself, walking up the stairs of the hotel. She felt so happy on the inside, as if her heart were going to explore at any second. And the odd thing was, Seohyun didn't think she minded. It were as if something had switched off her negative emotions and annoyance, and switched on her acceptance to pretty much everything going on around her. If someone were to suddenly spill some sort of beverage on her, Seohyun wasn't sure whether she would have angry or not.

Kyuhyun, in Seohyun's mind, was the end result of perfection. And through the time which had passed, none of those thoughts changed. She knew some of his 'bad' habits though, she had a pretty good grasp of Kyuhyun's character. For example, Seohyun often heard from the others that he would stay up late at night to play games and loved to drink alcohol. But none of that really mattered to Seohyun. If those things were what created Kyuhyun's character, then she would accept it. She wouldn't try to change him, Seohyun was willing to have Kyuhyun the way he was.

The smile which was on Seohyun's lips caused her cheeks to become sore, and the scarf wrapped tightly around her neck was still there. For some reason, she couldn't bare to remove it. Not yet anyway, she wanted to allow the feeling to linger. The warmth of it, not to mention the light scent which it carried along, it reminded Seohyun of Kyuhyun. She wondered to herself whether it was how it would feel if Kyuhyun was holding her tightly. At the thought which only passed her mind for a split second, a blush was quickly felt.

Slowly, finally reaching the floor where the Girls' Generation dorms were located, she stopped. Seohyun's hands slowly made their way up to the scarf, gently clutching the fabric. After, her eyes closed for a couple seconds.

Love felt nice.

Seohyun giggled softly, if she had known love felt like this, she would have admitted it to herself a long time ago. Seohyun always knew that she loved Kyuhyun, from the first day she met him. The thoughts of him lingered though, at the back of her mind. They were unused, unwanted, unacknowledged, unneeded, and unforgettable all at the same time.

As she began to walk, her footsteps felt light and soft. Seohyun smiled once again, a single thought running through her head.

At that moment, she decided to truly accept that she loved Kyuhyun.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyuhyun continued to walk, the cold wind hitting his skin. The maknae sighed, something was different. His body, mind and heart. It all felt... weird. Kyuhyun felt his body become warm from the inside, his heart was beating faster than usual, and his mind was clouded beyond belief. It had been so long since Kyuhyun had such a feeling. Last time,  it was when he was in high school with a girl in the other class. Of course, that was only puppy love. Nothing serious, nothing with commitment. All it was, really, was curiosity mixed with foolishness. Kyuhyun raised a hand and covered his mouth, eyes widening at a sudden realisation. Perhaps, this feeling was different. Perhaps, it was more than puppy love.

Of course, Kyuhyun shook his head when the thoughts began to flood. He had never known anything other than puppy love, so how was he meant to know what actual 'love' felt like? Kyuhyun remembered slightly, from when he was still in highschool, how he felt happy just to be with that girl. He also remembered going out of his way to make that girl happy, just because seeing her smile was worth it.

The Super Junior maknae sighed as he walked along the lonely street. Though he had taken the same path to walk Seohyun home, it all seemed so much more pleasant when she was with him. Despite the fact that they weren't able to have an actual conversation for the first half of it, and only spoke a few words after before beginning to run, Kyuhyun was content with the situation. A slight smile appeared on his lips at the memory of Seohyun smiling next to him. Nothing seemed to mean as much to him compared to Seohyun.

He began to remember the odd circumstances he had found himself in when he he gave Seohyun his number. Kyuhyun remembered how annoyed he was that after giving Seohyun his number, she didn't call until the day he was returning from his schedule in other parts of South Korea and overseas. Kyuhyun silently wondered why her voice sounded slightly hoarse on the day which she had called, but shrugged it off. It was good enough to hear her voice, no matter what it sounded like. Kyuhyun's breath hitched suddenly, hand covering his mouth once again.

Kyuhyun had just realised how he was acting, what he was saying and suddenly became conscious of his very own actions. 'You're so cute', was he insane for saying that? How could he have said such words to Seohyun, who had never known love in the first place? Kyuhyun mentally scolded himself for his actions. Seohyun was too... too... Kyuhyun sighed, it wasn't right to taint her, to bring her into the cruel world of love. Despite its beauty, it came with its own ugly features.

It wasn't really a big secret, Kyuhyun was always fond of Seohyun. He had, as those few, observant people would tell him, become smitten over the Girls' Generation maknae. And every single time Kyuhyun was told this, he never replied, because he couldn't deny it. But at the same time, he wasn't able to accept it. The reason? Simply because...

Kyuhyun heard his phone beep, he took it out and stared.

To: Kyuhyun Oppa
Have you reached home yet? Stay safe.
From: Joohyun


Kyuhyun blinked a couple times before a smile took place on his lips. Such a simply message, and yet Kyuhyun could feel himself grinning like an idiot. He continued to walk, some sort of acknowledgment taking place in his mind. No one was allowed to be aware of his affection. He placed the phone back in his pocket and sighed. Kyuhyun bit his lip, ruffling his own hair.

Accepting the fact that he loved Seohyun wouldn't hurt anyone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow, two more tests... I need to do well! >_< Did you enjoy Kyuhyun's first, real, POV?~ ^^