Experiencing Love: Surprise

First Love

Seohyun walked down the hall of the SMent Building, smiling in a somewhat foolish manner. Her heart kept beating, Kyuhyun's image was fresh in her mind. He was always so handsome, so stunning. A light and pleasant laughter escaped her lips, simply remembering all of her Oppa's antics. Just the simple thought made Seohyun feel happy on the inside, as if she was light as a feather. The joy, perhaps, was clouding her mind.

"...Joohyun." A low, melodic voice called out. At the sound, Seohyun quickly freezed and widened her eyes. There was no way she could have mistook that voice for anyone else's. She began to hyperventilate, taking her hand and putting it over her chest.

"..." Seohyun slowly, hesitantly, turned around. She stared, taking a slight step back. There, in plain sight, was Kyuhyun. Automatically, a blush came up to her cheeks, her entire body seemed to have begun heating up. She stared up at his face, quickly looking down once they had made eye-contact. She couldn't look him in the eye, especially after realising her emotions for him.

"I sent you a text already, I'm back." Kyuhyun spoke softly, raising a brow at Seohyun's behaviour. It seemed that he had never seen the Girls' Generation maknae act in such a way. Though, to some extent, Kyuhyun found himself amused.

"K-Kyuhyunnie oppa." Seohyun stuttered, her chest tightening and palms becoming sweaty. Nothing had happened, it was just a greeting, yet the whole world seemed to stop for her.

"Happy to see me?" Kyuhyun questioned with a gentle smile, although, the smugness for the expectant answer of 'yes' was quickly detectable. Seohyun gave a nod.

"Y-Yes." Seohyun stuttered once again. Kyuhyun stared with a raised brow, wondering why she was stuttering. Seohyun scolded herself mentally for her behaviour, even though she knew that there was nothing she could have done about it.

"...Really? You seem really nervous to see me. What happened while I was away?" Kyuhyun asked curiously, having an odd yet accurate feeling that something had changed since he had come back from China.

"N-Nothing much..." Seohyun stuttered for the third time, still looking to the floor and trailing off. Kyuhyun didn't understand her behaviour.

“…” Kyuhyun stared in silence, eyes on Seohyun. His gaze, it was as if it was burning into Seohyun's skin, as if he were looking into her very own soul. Seohyun quickly looked up.

“W-What is it?” Seohyun stuttered once again, Kyuhyun gave a curious look.

“The last time I saw you, you didn’t stutter once in the entire sentence. Now, you can’t stop. Are you sure nothing happened?” Kyuhyun asked once again in a caring and worried manner, Seohyun's heart began to race.

“Y-Yes…!” Seohyun stuttered for the fourth, and hopefully the final time.

"..." Kyuhyun gave a somewhat disapproving look, Seohyun bit her lip as she attempted to avoid the other's gaze.

"...I-I'm sorry..." Seohyun muttered, scolding herself once again once she heard herself speaking. Kyuhyun's gaze became gentle at those words, quickly fading to an caring smile.

"Oh well, I guess it doesn't matter. You're still Joohyun." Kyuhyun finally spoke, causing Seohyun to smile even more than she had previously.

"Yes." Seohyun replied, happy that she didn't stutter. She was also happy that Kyuhyun was there, it was enough to make her feel a year's worth of joy.

"I thought today was your day off, why are you here?" Kyuhyun then asked, Seohyun's eyes fled to the ceiling as she thought.

"My unnies still asked me if I wanted to go to the SMent building just after lunch, they came back from their schedule at about 1." Seohyun explained, Kyuhyun hummed in response with a nod.

"Ahh, so why aren't you with them?" Kyuhyun then questioned, Seohyun's body tensed up once again. Her hands began to fidget with each other, biting her lower lip just slightly.

"Um... I went to see BoA Unnie." Seohyun stated, causing Kyuhyun to become curious.

"Really? Why?"

"...Well..." Seohyun hummed, not sure what to do. Kyuhyun wondered as he watched Seohyun's movements, quickly dropping the topic.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I understand, it was probably something that a man simply wouldn't get." Kyuhyun stated, Seohyun laughed at his words. It was true. Almost.

"Yes, Oppa probably wouldn't understand." Seohyun agreed, Kyuhyun chuckled quietly.

"So, where are the others anyway?" Kyuhyun asked, referring to the other Girls' Generation members as 'them'. Once the topic was brought up, Seohyun then began to panic.

"..." Seohyun looked around in desperation, the other simply ruffled his own hair as he stared out the window.

"I'm pretty sure I saw them leaving in a van just before..." Kyuhyun said hesitantly, causing Seohyun's eyes to widen.

"..." Seohyun turned to Kyuhyun, giving her the 'What am I supposed to do?' type of look. Kyuhyun felt his heart, the gentle beating of it increase with the innocent and helpless look on Seohyun's face.

"You've been abandoned Joohyun-ah." Kyuhyun muttered in a somewhat joking way, attempting now to comfort the other. Seohyun stared back at Kyuhyun, trying to avoid how shy she was feeling.

"...Oh, what do I do?" Seohyun asked in concern, wondering how she was going to go home. She wasn't allowed to take a taxi without someone beside her, it's what the manager told her. Not that he thought Seohyun was careless or anything. It was just that after the incident with Taeyeon on stage, he wanted to keep all the girls safe. Kyuhyun smiled at her quietly, causing all of Seohyun's thoughts to disappear. When she smiled, she felt good, but when she saw him smile, she felt much better.

"I'll walk you home. Don't worry." Kyuhyun reassured the younger, Seohyun's eyes quickly widened. She didn't think she would have been able to survive such a long period of time with Kyuhyun.

"N-No, you don't have to." Seohyun muttered, but Kyuhyun shook his head.

"It's fine, I don't have a schedule to do or anything. Besides, I'm not letting you walk by yourself." Kyuhyun firmly stated, causing Seohyun to give him a questioning look.

"Why?"

"One, you're a girl. A very pretty girl. Someone could try to kidnap you. Two, from what I see, you're not very strong. If someone were to try and kidnap you, there wouldn't be any trouble except for maybe some high pitched screaming. Three, you're part of Girls' Generation. You're easily recognised, and something might happen because of that." Kyuhyun recited to Seohyun, causing the younger to look down.

"..." There was something about the situation, it made her heart flutter. To know that he, Kyuhyun, wasn't willing to let her go home by herself and wanted to protect her... Seohyun didn't know what type of joy was greater than that. Kyuhyun then bit his lip, giving a silent sigh.

"...And four, I just kind of want to spend time together. I mean, it's been a while since we've talked." Kyuhyun stated, starting to walk down the hall and to the exit. Seohyun's eyes widened, her cheeks became bright red as she quickly followed the elder.

"...Alright." Seohyun whispered, Kyuhyun nodded.

"Let's go."

"...But it's cold, I don't think we should walk. The weather looks really bad, it might rain sooner or later." Seohyun muttered, Kyuhyun seemed to only pay attention to the first part of Seohyun's words.

"You're cold?" Kyuhyun questioned, Seohyun nodded hesitantly. She didn't want to bother him. Kyuhyun stopped walking, reaching into his shoulder bag. Silently, Kyuhyun took out a dark coloured cloth, Seohyun raised a brow. He approached her, unwrapping what appeared to be a scarf. Seohyun bit her lip as Kyuhyun wrapped it around her neck so that it was snug, but not too tight.

Seohyun breathed in deeply, she had become so nervous already. The suddenly clear scent left on the scarf became noticeable, which seemed so odd to her. Seohyun looked down, almost ashamed at the fact she had realised that there was a type of fragrance. Perhaps, Kyuhyun's scent? Seohyun then remembered some information from somewhere, it stated that young children recognised their parents by smell. She also read somewhere that a fragrance was able to affect attaction to another. Seohyun shook her head, what was happening to her?

"Thanks." Seohyun mumbled, looking down. Kyuhyun nodded, continuing to walk.

"Sure, don't mention it." Kyuhyun replied, Seohyun hummed in response, she had never loved a simple article of clothing so much.

"Kyuhyun oppa." Seohyun then called, just before they left the building. The cold wind blew, Seohyun shivered slightly. She looked at Kyuhyun, he didn't have a scarf on. He had given it to her, Seohyun attempted to hide her smile.

"Yes?" Kyuhyun answered, Seohyun looked down as her breathing became heavy. She was thinking of what to say, since she had only called his name to hear the ringing sound. Seohyun thought for a second, eyes widening once she found a question to ask.

 "...When I'm not with you... do you... by any chance... think of me?" Seohyun asked, embarrassed to a great extent. She had always wanted to ask this question. Kyuhyun stared at her, eyes widened. The elder bit his lip, quickly walking into the cloudy weather, leaving the Girls' Generation maknae just a couple steps behind. Seohyun's eyed widened in surprise.

"...Of course I think of you. I always have, and I always will."

-------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, sorry for the late updates, I just wasn't really in a SeoKyu faze for the last couple days... But after watching a couple dedication videos, Radio Star, I found my inner shipper~ ^^ How was the chapter?~