Experiencing Love: Understanding

First Love

After running into the building, Seohyun managed to find Boa, one of her favourite unnies. It was obvious where Boa was, she was in the training room. Boa worked much harder than anyone she had ever known, and hardly received appreciation for it. Seohyun sat quietly on a chair while her Boa practiced. Soon, as the music stopped, Seohyun raised her courage and called out.

"Unnie." Seohyun spoke, seeing Boa wipe the sweat away with a towel. The elder turned her head, giving a gentle look.

"Yes?" Boa replied, Seohyun gulped.

"...I've..."

"You've what? What is it, Joohyun?" Boa hardly ever saw Seohyun in a flustered and confused manner. So, when Seohyun seemed so hesitant, Boa instantly worried about the younger.

"Something bad has happened." Seohyun said simply, causing Boa to raise a brow.

"Really? What?" Boa questioned, Seohyun breathed in and out.

"I... I fell in love." Seohyun muttered quietly, causing Boa's eyes to widen. The maknae of Girls' Generation had finally fallen in love. Boa was rather surprised by that.

"..."

"...U-Unnie?"

"With who? Who is it?" Boa asked curiously, holding Seohyun's hands to try and calm the maknae down. Seohyun looked down shyly before speaking.

"...Kyuhyun Oppa." Seohyun whispered. Boa stared, unsurprised, as if she had expected that reply.

"So... It finally happened, huh?" Boa asked rhetorically, giving a smile. Seohyun raised a brow.

"What are you talking about?" Seohyun questioned, Boa simply smiled.

"After so long, you've finally fallen in love. Congratulations."

"..."

"Although, I didn't think it would be so soon." Boa added quietly, Seohyun looked up into her elder's eyes .

"...What does that mean?" Seohyun asked.

"Falling in love with Kyuhyun, I didn't think it would happen so quickly. I thought it would be at least a year or so before you realised your feelings." Boa muttered. She was more observant than other people, she knew. To Boa, it was as plain as day, the way the maknaes would talk to each other and smile so happily.

"..." Seohyun fell silent and she looked away.

"I knew, Joohyun, I could see it." Boa told the younger, causing her to blush slightly.

"...Can everybody?" Seohyun questioned timidly, Boa shook her head.

"No, I don't think everybody can. Some people might notice things, but they don't see it." Boa told Seohyun to calm the younger down.

"Notice what?"

"You. And how happy you are with Kyuhyun. You really shine around him, you know that?" Boa asked, it was true.

"I shine around Kyuhyun Oppa?" Seohyun asked in a surprised manner, Boa nodded.

"Like a star. But then again, love makes you beautiful. Everybody gets prettier when they're in love." Boa explained, Seohyun gave a twisted expression.

"And why is that?"

"...You'll understand once you see Kyuhyun again."

"Unnie!" Seohyun exclaimed with a slight pout, she always wanted to know. Boa simply shook her head, still smiling.

"So, did you just come to tell me you were in love?" Boa questioned, Seohyun shrugged as she looked to the floor.

"I miss him. I didn't really know I was in love until he left a couple days ago. I guess I was so used to seeing him around, that when he was so busy on his schedule and couldn't come to the SMent building..." Seohyun's voice grew hoarse, cracking slightly.

"Joohyun-ah."

"Yes Unnie?"

"Nobody really knows how much they love and miss someone until they're gone. That's why they say, 'distance makes the heart grow fonder'." Boa told the other. Seohyun nodded.

"...Boa Unnie..." Seohyun called, Boa listened.

"Yes?"

"How do I forget this love? How do I get rid of it?" Seohyun questioned, Boa shook her head in a somewhat disapproving way.

"It's not easy to fall in love, but it's even harder to forget love."

"So what should I do? I want to just forget." Seohyun muttered, causing Boa to raise a brow.

"Why do you want to forget? There are so many people in this world who are looking for love and just can't find it. You were lucky enough to have it, so don't let it go." Boa told Seohyun, sitting on the floor.

"...What do you mean?" Seohyun questioned her elder.

"You love Kyuhyun, right?" Boa asked, Seohyun quickly nodded her head.

"Yes." Seohyun replied without hesitating, Boa smiled.

"Then go after him. I know, it's not easy to tell someone you love them. We've all been through pain, I've been through pain. But you know what? I don't regret a single second of it." Boa whispered. She knew what it felt like to be in love, she had experience with it.

"...Why not?" Seohyun questioned.

"Because the feeling of love compensates for the pain." Boa spoke, her words soundng as meaningful as ever.

"...You know that I can't love Kyuhyun Oppa. Unnie, you know-" Seohyun was stopped.

"But, at least, you could try. Love is meant to last. Look at your other Unnies, Joohyun-ah. Look how happy they are when they're with their one and only. Don't you want to be like them?" Boa asked. She knew, Seohyun wasn't the only one in love. She knew that many of the Girls' Generation members were actually dating.

"But-" Seohyun wouldn't think of anything positive at the moment. She kept saying negative things, so that's why Boa always cut her off.

"Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start positive about what could go right. Who knows what could happen? For all we know, you two could be having children one day." Boa gave with a smile, Seohyun blushed slightly. The idea of her and Kyuhyun having kids... Oh dear.

"...So I shouldn't give up?" Seohyun asked with nervousness, Boa smiled and nodded.

"Don't give up on someone you can't go a day without." Boa told Seohyun in a knowing way, as if the elder had experienced the situation herself.

"..." Seohyun remained silent. She didn't yet acknowledge the fact she needed Kyuhyun so, it made her feel weak on the inside. Although, she did acknowledge that Kyuhyun was important to her.

"Tell me, could you go an entire day without any contact with Kyuhyun?" Boa questioned, Seohyun cocked her head to the side.

"...Yesterday I-" Seohyun was quickly cut off.

"Did you cry?" Boa asked gently, gripping Seohyun's shoulder slightly while looking into the younger's eyes.

"...Yes." Seohyun answered quietly, shaking slightly as Boa let go of her shoulder.

"Then you can't go a day without him. If you think about him even once, then he's important to you." Boa told Seohyun who simply looked to the floor, lost in her own thoughts.

"...Thank you Unnie." Seohyun spoke, feeling a little better than she did before.

"So, what are you going to do now?" Boa questioned the younger, Seohyun thought.

"...I'm going to keep my emotions and see if Kyuhyun Oppa feels the same." Seohyun finally said, a little hesitant yet certain. Having emotions of love seemed to have no harm.

"How are you going to tell him?" Boa asked with some excitement in her voice, Seohyun gulped.

"..." Seohyun stayed quiet, staring through the silence with her eyes widened slightly. She didn't think she would have to think about that yet. Boa stared back, laughing quietly.

"Good luck." Boa smiled gently, Seohyun smiled back.

"Thanks again Unnie." Seohyun thanked, standing up and quickly heading for the door. More thinking time was needed.

"Ah, Joohyun." Boa called, just before Seohyun had left from the room.

"Yes?" Seohyun called, hand tightly gripped on the doorknob tightly, Boa gave an amused smile.

"...Don't hesitate to talk to that noisy, Super Junior maknae. As far as I know, Kyuhyun's pretty fond of you." Boa told Seohyun, smiling silently as she saw the younger blush. Seohyun quickly turned around, bowing silently and leaving the room just like that. Boa laughed, how sweet Seohyun was.

"She seems like you." A voice suddenly spoke from behind Boa. She turned to see a man there standing in the doorway, Boa smiled gently at him out of fondness.

"How?" Boa asked, the man approached. She turned to him, it was nice to be with him.

"You had pretty much the same view on love, you wanted to forget you were in love as well." He laughed, Boa unsuccessfully stifled a grin. She laughed quietly.

"I was young and foolish then, I didn't know how wonderful love could be." Boa spoke, quickly being embraced in his arms.

"Hm, I hope Joohyun feels the same." He said in a hopeful tone, Boa nodded with a smile as her head pressed against his chest.

"She will. If it's Kyuhyun, she definitely will."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...I honestly don't know who the man holding Boa is... can someone guess?~ ^^