Experiencing Love: Anxiety

First Love

Seohyun arrived at the SM Entertainment building the next day, thoughts filled with nothing but Kyuhyun. Seohyun sat in the van, silent as she listened to music through her earphones, connected to her ipod. Her eyes were softly closed, chasing away the sights through the window. Seohyun really wasn't in the mood to do anything except listen to music and imagine. She knew it was foolish, to dream of situations that would never happen, but it made her happy. So, Seohyun simply continued on without a word.

The other members of Girls' Generation were slowly leaving the van in front of her as the trip had ended, so Seohyun simply waited until they had all gone before she stood. Her body felt numb, she felt stiff to the bone. Unable to move, tired, Seohyun had slept well last night. Or, at least, that's what she thought. Perhaps it was all those dreams of Kyuhyun, the image of him there and drifting away from her. Seohyun shivered.  There was no way something such as that would happen. Right? Was it possibly a preview of the future perhaps? Signalling that Kyuhyun was going to drift away from Seohyun as time went on?

She almost broke down in tears at the thought.

Love was definitely messing with Seohyun head, making her so much more emotional than what was considered 'good'. How was a dream, a short one which did not involve anything too horrible, able to cause her to break down on the inside? Seohyun still didn't understand love, and perhaps she was never going to. But then again, maybe no one did, and she was just experiencing the first few doses. Perhaps after she had become used to the feeling, it would be normal again. Seohyun sighed, it was too confusing. Love had so many different emotions involved with it. Happiness, sadness, hate, dispair, confusion, jealousy, betrayal, anxiety, and so many more. It was odd, considering love was an emotion in itself.

"Joohyun." A voice suddenly called. Seohyun froze for a second, scolding herself mentally after the shock had disappeared. She had heard Kyuhyun's voice again, he wasn't even there. Seohyun couldn't have helped but feel as if she were on the tip of obsession. It was probably her manager, or one of the other Girls' Generation members. Seohyun opened her eyes, looking up. Her eyes widened.

"Oppa." Seohyun's voice hitched. Why was he, Kyuhyun, right there by the door, looking as if he were waiting for her? He seemed to look more cautious than usual, something she instantly noticed, making Seohyun feel a little nervous. Quickly she stood up, then bowing 90 degrees; or even a little lower. She felt tense, "I'm sorry. I'm very really sorry."

To the sudden apology, Kyuhyun gave a confused look. What had she done wrong? He asked, "About what?"

"Last night, I'm really sorry about it." Seohyun continued, "I was going to call you last night, to thank you, but my phone... water spilled onto it, so it stopped working. I'm really sorry."

Kyuhyun watched her, in his sort of somewhat unique way, and felt a sudden weight lift off his shoulders. Everything, all his tense worries and had disappeared. He was relieved. A little, controlled smile took place on Kyuhyun's lips as he replied, "It's fine, don't worry about it. Thanks for letting me know, it's fine."

And with that, Seohyun felt herself flush. It was as if she could feel his eyes on her, as if he could see into her very soul. But Seohyun didn't want that, because then he would see everything. All her flaws and mistakes, all the things that made her imperfect compared to all the other girls he had been with, were with, have been with. To which, a question popped into Seohyun's head, was Kyuhyun currently with anyone? Honestly, Seohyun didn't know, and though unlikely, it wasn't impossible. It wasn't something that was uncommon either. She had knowledge that Kyuhyun had a girlfriend in high school before he debuted in Super Junior, but that was it.

Anxiety.

All of a sudden, Seohyun was feeling sick to her stomach again. Why was she drowning so soon, so early in the day? Her heart pounded in her chest, cheeks heating up to an incredibly high temperature as she could only hear her pulse going insane. And Kyuhyun was right in front of her. What would he think, say, at her rather unnatural state? No, he couldn't see it. She didn't want him to.

With an unstable breath, Seohyun straightened her back and looked back at Kyuhyun, though avoiding his eyes.

"Thank you." She didn't know what she was thinking him for.

Kyuhyun stared at Seohyun, bemused at her behaviour. He always was though, and that made him intruiged, interested, always. He simply shook his head, ignoring whatever it could have meant, and looked back.

"So, shall we go now?"

Seohyun couldn't hear it properly passed her heartbeat, but it still sounded so beautiful.