A Possibility

I Like Him Because He's Gay, He Loves Me Because I'm Lesbian

Chapter Eight

A Possibility

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

It has been around eight weeks ever since Almighty pabo hyung's confession. My wrist has healed- thanks to my roommate taking notes for me in classes- and all of the annoying brats have been very quiet. No one has picked a fight ever since, and I am glad that my message was well understood. When I was around eleven-years-old, I secretly practiced fighting with my old classmates. I would learn new moves almost every day and I would slowly build up some muscles. Therefore, my fighting actually isn't that bad. None of my hyungs actually know this secret, which explains why they protect me. After seven years of living with them, I can finallyreturn their love by protecting theminstead.

“Here's your lunch!” Yeorin smiles and opens the lunch box happily, revealing nicely made kimbap. I forgot to mention her. She's my new friend. She actually forced me to befriend her, but eventually, I started enjoying her joyful presence. Her name isn't actually Yeorin, but that's my nickname for her. Remember the girl that wet herself in the bathroom when I threatened the girls? Yeah, she is Yeorin. Can you see why I name her that now? Pee in English is urine, and I wanted to call her something special. My first impression of her was the peeing girl, so I call her Yeorin, which sounds likeUrine...And yes, she likes this name...She calls me Taem. Taem sounds like the word tamein English. She believes that I can tame all that is evil and annoying...I think the name is weird, but it's basically my real name, so I accept it. Besides, nothing can be as worse as urine.

“Kamsa~” I smile cheekily and stuff a piece in my mouth. “Yum!” I eye smile.

“Keke, glad you like it!” She giggles. “Hey, did you hear about the new girl in school?”

“Who?” I raise an eyebrow. Yeorin is like a gossip queen, she finds out things before anyone does.

“I believe her name is Taeyeon, like yours!”

“Really? That's cool.” I plop another kimbap piece into my mouth.

“No, not cool. I swear, she is so darn scary!” She shivers. “Oh my gosh, I saw her and her family come and and I almost died of a heart attack! She was so flippin' creepy! But her mom! Oh her mom was gorgeous! How can a women like her not dress her daughter up! That mom was fashionable I say! She wore branded crimson heels, branded necklace- pure gold and diamonds- beautiful watch- also branded- I mean is was a wonderful match! Everything was shining, everything was branded, everything was just so pretty OMG!!!!”

“Eh hem, Taeyeon.” I clear my throat.

“Oh yeah, her. She had such long and thick hair. I swear, they looked like a broom! Her skin wasn't even fair, it was pale, like, sickly pale! Her body is so scrawny and everything she wore was so out of date!”

“If you're only going to rant on her image, then I'm just going to go somewhere else and eat-”

“No no! Don't go~” She pouts. “I'm sorry! I'm just so overwhelmed by her mother's wardrobe and the stark contrast between them! Anyhow, she didn't talk the whole time! She had her head hung low and her thick hair covering most of her face! Oh my gosh.” She fans herself dramatically. Now before you judge Yeorin, let me explain some things about her. She is into fashion, so she's crazy over one's appearance. Also, she is very straight forward, almost like Key hyung. She's not meaning any harm right now...no matter how bad she is making herself look right now. She's a very sweet person on the inside...

“That's it?” I fold my arms. “I thought our Yeorin actually had important information.” I joke.

“But I do~” She whines. “That was just the introduction! After I saw her, I sneaked into the main office and looked at her files.”

“Yes. And?” Don't act surprised, she does this almost every day.

“Apparently, she's...” Yeorin motions me to lean in close. “She's sick.”

“Sick how?”

“I'm not sure-”

“And you call that having information?” I mock.

“Aigoo, cut me some slack here! She's sick, but it's not like she's really sick...”

“How can she be sick but not really sick?”

“She doesn't like her face.”

“You mean Body Dysmorphic Disorder?” We learned about this in physiology class. Our school is a private school, so it has lots of classes and lots of weird rules that normal Korean schools- or any school whatsoever- do not have. Take my situation for example; a girl would never dorm with guys.

“Yeah, BDD! I mean, she doesn't actually have it...but she does. I mean, she has it, but it's not strong enough yet.”

“She's developing it?”

“Yeah! That word!”

“How would you survive in literature class without me?”

“Leave me alone~ I'm not a native speaker!”

“Okay okay.” I mehrong her. “So, the new student is developing BDD...”

“Yeah. I'm so worried. What if she looks at my beautiful face and destroy me?!”

“I don't think it works that way. I only heard of self harm, but harming others?”

“Hey, it's possible!”

“Just eat your kimbap.” I chuckle and shove a roll in . BDD...that sounds serious. I wonder how “ugly” that Taeyeon would be to look down on herself too much. Maybe if she befriends me...I can help her feel more confident...It's possible...

“You better not be thinking about befriending her and abandoning me!” She says with full.

“How did you know that?! I wanted to befriend her so I can get rid of you!” I joke.

“Wahhhhh! You're mean!” She fake cries.

“You know I would never abandon you.” I pat her head.

“Is this a confession I am hearing?” Almighty pabo hyung chuckles and sits down at our table.

“Oh please, don't get me started.” I laugh. After his confession, Onew hyung has never left his room unless he had a class. Otherwise, he would just simply stay in his room sleeping.

“Yah! Are you calling Taem and I lesbian!?” Yeorin yells. “You're nasty!”

“Yah! Who said you can speak informally to me!? And what's so wrong about being lesbian?” He says in an offended tone.

“It's not normal!”

“Who said being normal is good!?”

“Calm down lover-boy, you're just annoyed that you were rejected by Eunsook unnie~” I cut them off.

“Why you-”

“Are we really going to fight about this again?” I throw a kimbap at Almighty pabo hyung to shut him up.

“You're lucky, if it wasn't for Cutie here stopping me, I'll beat you up!” He throws the kimbap in his mouth.

“A man hitting a little girl like me? Yeah, I dare you!”

“Aish this girl.” Hyung huffs.

“Where's everyone?” I ask.

“Key stayed after class to ask the teacher a few things. I believe all level three and four dorms are getting inspected today or something. Where's Eternity?” Yup, everyone from BLAME calls Key hyung Key.

“He is in the lab.”

“Studying?!”

“Detention.” I say.

“Good. You almost gave me heart attack. I thought he was actually working hard.”

“You know he likes learning.”

“Yeah, but he won't show it. He wants his parents to be disappointed in him so they can just stop thinking about making him work for the company.”

“I thought his brother was going to run it though!” Yeorin yells.

“He is, but Eternity still needs to do something in life. And in the eyes of a old fashioned rich parent, having low grades is shameful. They want Eternity to be a lawyer.”

“This makes me so glad my parents are modern.” Yeorin nods. “As wealthy as we are, they don't care about my education. They just want me to enjoy life as it is. But look on the bright side, Eternity has a stable plan b. If he follows his dreams and fails, then he can just go to the company.” She points out.

“Can we talk about something else?” I say. “I don't want to know any more about Eternity than I need to.”

“Alright. Lunch is about over anyways. I'll walk you to class.” Hyung offers.

 

Art Class~

 

“The project is on any type of art okay? Dancing, singing, writing, painting, those are all examples of art okay?”

“Seonsaengnim!” A student raises her hand. “Photography counts right?”

“Of course!” Mrs. Lee smiles. “I know you are the president of the photography club, but what your subject is on will not be chosen by you.” The class groans. “Plus, your partner will not be chosen by you either!” More whining. “Everything will be chose by picking the subject out of the hat. Whoever that has the same subject as you will be your partner, understand. Reluctantly, we all nodded. Please let me pick dancing...

 

After Class~

 

Kill me. Photography? Really?! Aish. I really wanted to dance...“Oh my gosh! Taemmmm! I am so going to blog about this!”

“Mocking me now?” I pout.

“Ani~ It's just so hard to believe! Seriously, out of all people, you got the new girl as your partner! Not to mention that you have to be taking pictures with her! Taeyeon, the girl suffering BDD!”

“Developing BDD.” I correct her.

“Yeah yeah, like it's different.”

“You will be the death of me.”

“Don't you forget~” She pokes me. “I have to go back to my dorm now, they're inspecting the two lower levels tomorrow. Annyeong~”

“Annyeong~” I wave.

 

Taemin's Dorm~

 

“How was class?” Eternity asks.

“Boring. How was detention?”

“Boring.” He nods. Ever since I threatened the girls, Eternity and I have been getting closer. I guess I can now happily say that he is my roommate. I guess we got over the love hate relationship we had. When he isn't busy, he would talk to me, about stress, school, his dreams, stuff like that. When I'm free, I would play some music and he would hum along with me. He's actually a very caring and fun person. If only he was a girl, I would so date him! I mean, come on, it's not that I hate or dislike gay people, but I just don't feel that towards males. They're just very brotherly and fun. “Almighty hyung came and talked to Eunsook noona today.”

“Really?” I ask. “And Onew hyung didn't even tell me.” I whisper to myself and pout.

“He told Eunsook noona that he just was crushing on her and rejection is fine. He understands that he's just not her type. He said he's given up on her and she should be comfortable again.”

“And what did Eunsook unnie say?”

“She says sorry and that they will continue to be great friends.”

“That's great! Now everything can be back to normal again!”

“Now, what happened in class?”

“What do you mean?” I lay down on my bed.

“I mean, you have been having a not-so-bright face today. What's up? You were fine before lunch.”

“It's not that I'm upset...Well I am...but it's not that horrible.”

“What? You have a problem with the new girl?”

“How did you-”

“Urine told me.”

“For the last time, it's Yeorin.”

“Same difference.” He chuckles.

“No it's not about the new girl. It's mainly about the project. I wanted to do dancing.”

“If you want, I can go threaten the teacher for you.” He gets up and heads towards the door.

“No!”

“I was kidding pabo.” He mehrongs me. “What did you get? History of art?”

“No, photography.”

“You act like that's a bad subject!” He complains.

“It's not! But...from what I've heard. Taeyeon-”

“Has BDD.”

“Is developing BDD .” I correct.

“Yeah yeah.” He throws himself on his bed. “Look, I know it seems tough, but you still have to work with her. I know how much school means to you. You won't give up a grade for this small problem.”

“You have too much confidence in me.”

“You know everything I say is true.”

“I just don't know how to talk to her...”

“Just act natural. Act like you know nothing about her.”

“Do you think it'll help?”

“I have faith in you.”

“You give me way much more credit than I deserve.”

“Oh stop looking down on yourself. Your carefree personality will help her. No one can resist being your friend.”

“Stop it, you're making me blush~” I whine. I am just trying to act girly, nothing else okay?

“Sleep well, and you will wake up tomorrow to a better day.”

“Goodnight.”

“Goodnight.” He turns off the light. Now too long after, I fall fast asleep.

 

 

Did you like the way I “narrated” the story today? Do you like the POV's to be like this (them adding side comments) or just like how it use to be? ALSO! I forgot to mention, I got the idea of Yeorin from Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Song Joong Ki's role's nickname Yeorim