One Day

I Like Him Because He's Gay, He Loves Me Because I'm Lesbian

 

 

Chapter Four

One Day

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

I am currently in our sixth period, meaning we only have to take one more class until we return to our dorms. I'm sad. He has been giving me the cold shoulder this whole day. Every class, every minute, all the time. The problem is, we're partners in almost everything. This is a private high school, and so, it's different from some other schools. The school system is just made this way here. The teachers did say one day we will be able to get to know the whole class, but not soon.

I thought being a girl was hard, but making friends is even worse. I actually don't need to worry about my posture. I'm basically a nobody in classes, even my hyungs ignore me. Why? Because they're too busy dealing with their roommates. At least their roommate bother them! Heck, I can't even get him to talk to me casually, not to mention joking around or bothering each other.

“Lee Taeyeon!” The teacher slams on my desk, making me jump.

“Seonsaengnim.” I sit up straight.

“Would you like to repeat to the class what I just assigned?” I look over at my roommate to see if he would help me, but he doesn't. No reaction whatsoever. He's just sitting there...spinning his pencil. I fix my bangs and clear my throat.

“I'm sorry, I'm just not feeling good.” I simply say. I don't feel good at all, I feel lonely.

“Do you need to go to the infirmary?” She ask me and I simply nod, accepting any chance I can get to leave the room. I don't need to be looked down on, ignored, praised, or anything in between. The teacher scribbles down a note and gives it to me. She quickly explains the route to get to the infirmary, but I still don't understand.

“Hyun Ki, she's your roommate right?” The teacher asks him. He simply nods forcefully. “Please take her to the infirmary for me.” She smiles and gives another pass for Hyun Ki.

“I'm not going.” He mutters.

“Excuse me?” She asks in a daring tone. 

“I said I don't want to go.” He says louder, facing the teacher.

“This is my classroom and so you will listen to my orders. Understand?” She says. He scoffs and closes the textbook loudly, causing nearly the whole class to jump. He stands up and puts his hands in his pocket.

“Don't you dare try to show authority. You remembered what happened to your husband right? One call. That's all it takes from me.” He says slowly and walks out of the classroom.

“I'll bring her.” I turn around and see Key hyung's roommate stand up. Key hyung was about to stop him, but the teacher already wrote his pass and sent us out. We start walking silently and later, he wraps an arm on my shoulder.

“You don't look good, are you sure you're okay cutie?” He smiles and moves my bangs away from my eyes. “Don't cry now, I won't hurt you.” He says smiling. Am I crying? I touch my moist cheeks and sniff. I am. Why am I crying?

“I just don't feel good.” I say and lower my head.

“Now now, don't look so low. You're making me feel bad. Am I scaring you?” He asks casually. I shake my head. “You're the first.” He takes his arm off my shoulder and puts it in his pant pocket.

“W-what do you mean?” I croak because of the tears.

“I guess not everyone likes delinquents...Do you?” He asks me after a long pause.

“I don't see anything wrong with them. I mean, they didn't do anything to me.”

“Yet.” He smiles. I pause and look at him. “Aigoo, I was kidding.” He chuckles and ruffles my bangs. “Now tell me, how are you feeling?” He asks me seriously for the first time. “I don't mean to be nosy, but I want to be a doctor so...” He trails off.

“It's fine.” I slightly smile. “I just feel really...Lonely?” I shrug.

“Don't.” He hugs me from the side. “Hyun Ki's your roommate huh?” He asks and I nod. “Ahh.” He sighs and nods. “That one's tough.” He chuckles and plays around with his bracelets. He takes off a thin white buckle bracelet and put it on my wrist. “Don't feel lonely okay? You can always hang out with us delinquents when you're feeling low.”

“Is this how you get girls?” I raise my arm, pointing to my wrist jokingly.

“Take this offer. I mean it. I'm not half bad if you get to know me.” He winks.

“Are you Key hyung's roommate?” I ask him.

“Key hyung?” Andwae!? I wasn't suppose to say that! Key hyung's going to kill me!

“I meant Gwiboon unnie.” I quickly say.

“Ah, yeah, I am. Do you guys like calling her “Key” where you're from? I heard one of the noonas calling her that as well.” Yes! I'm not the only one! Yeah~

“Her nickname is the Almighty Key.” I say smiling.

“And I am the Almighty Pabo according to your unnie.” He chuckles.

“You two don't get along do you?” I ask him. He stops smiling and nods silently. “Waeyo?” I ask him.

“No reason.” He shrugs. “We're here.” He says and opens the infirmary door for me.

“Thanks.” I smile and hold the door.

“Don't forget the offer, I might not be too nice next time.” He smiles and ruffles my bangs. He fixes my bangs and then turns away, walking in the opposite direction.

“You don't seem half bad.” I smile, talking to myself. “Almighty Pabo.” I giggle and enter the infirmary.

 

I rested in the infirmary for the rest of the class including most of seventh period- dance. I know it's against my policy, but I skipped class and not just any class, my favorite class. I don't want to see him. I don't want to see my hyungs. I don't want to see anyone. All of my hyungs have texted me, asking if I was better. Considering that we have all of the classes together, I didn't lie to them saying I was back to class. I simply didn't reply.

I thank the nurse and leave the infirmary, walking to my dorm. My dorm. Do I really want to go there? I'm not wanted anyways. What's the point? “Taeminnie!” My hyungs run to me and embrace me, like what we always do.

“Are you okay Taebaby?” Key hyung feels my forehead.

“You skipped dance class.” Onew hyung nods a few times.

“I didn't feel good.” I say.
“We're sorry we weren’t paying attention to you Taemin-ah. The classes always involved partners so we couldn't get to you.” Minho hyung says.

“Forgive me~” Jonghyun hyung hugs me again.

“You're such a girl~” I giggle. Jonghyun hyung flips his hair and wrap his arm over my shoulder.

“We have to make it up to you.” Onew hyung nods.

“Yeah- Taemin-ah, when did you get that?” Key hyung points to Almighty Pabo's bracelet.

“Your roommate gave it to me hyung.” I nod.

“I knew it!” Key hyung dramatically yells, luckily the hall is crowded, so no one noticed.

“What's wrong?” Onew hyung asks.

“That creature didn't hurt you, did he?” Key hyung looks at me worriedly. I shake my head awkwardly. “Did he threaten you? Scare you? Act mean? Go crazy? Did he walk you all the way to the infirmary correctly? Not like a pabo?” He asks me quickly.

“He's actually pretty nice hyung.”

“My gosh! He messed with my Taebaby's head!” Key hyung hugs my head. Since he now has two lumps on his chest, it feels awkward. I stand up straight and fix my hair.

“He even offered me to hang out with the delinquents.” I add.

“No no no no no! You will not go there!” Key hyung says. “I forbid you.”

“Stop overreacting Key, he made a new friend. Let the kid be.” Jonghyun hyung smiles happily. Like a dino.

“Do you know what this means!? Our maknae could be corrupted in ways that will drive us mad! It's for our safety too!” Key hyung makes up.

“Arasso arasso. Come on, let's go hang out at my place! My roommate said he's busy.” Onew hyung says.

“No thanks hyung, I want to rest.” I say.

“Alright Taemin-ah.” Minho hyung puts his arm on my shoulder. “Tell us if anything's bothering you okay?”

“I will hyung.” I say.

“Make sure to rest well Taemin-ah, don't get us worried!” Jonghyun hyung waves. I walk away from my hyungs and over to the school garden bench, and sit there. I close my eyes slowly and lean back, resting. My roommate is just a person. Not everyone will like you in your life, I understand this...but I just feel like...a roommate should be nicer, even if they don't like being bothered.

“Go to hell.” I hear someone's voice and open my eyes. I see right behind a large tree in front of me, is...a ghost! Her long hair is over her pale skin. Her eyes have this strong aura that causes me to shiver. The minute she realizes I look at her, she steps back, fully behind the tree, and then runs away. So...that wasn't a ghost?

“Cutie!” I hear a familiar voice from afar. I turn to that direction and see Key hyung's and Onew hyung's roommate walk towards me, waving.

“Oppa.” I say awkwardly and bow my head slightly.

“You're still sick? What did the nurse say?” Almighty Pabo hyung asks me.

“I'm better...I think.” I say slowly.

“This is Big hyung.” He says.

Big?” I say awkwardly, considering it is English.

“You don't know about me?” Onew hyung's roommate asks me smiling. I simply shake my head and he smiles again. “You don't know about the group BLAME, do you?” I shake me head again. “Well, hmm...how should I explain this?” He looks at Almighty Pabo hyung.

“We have five friends and are given nicknames by the school- all in English.” He starts. “BLAME are the first letters of our nicknames put together- also in English. It means to blame in Korean.” He explains. “Big, Lion, Almighty, Majesty, and Eternity.” He says.

“I see.” I nod, smiling.

“So, I heard you and our roommates are sisters?” Big hyung asks.

“Yes, we are.”

“Interesting...Don't you think it's all but a coincidence that us five BLAME members dorm with you five sisters?” He says pushing up his glasses.

“Possibly.” I say while cursing in my head. That idiot distant uncle of mines is such a pain. Coincidence my .

“Want to hang out?” Almighty Pabo hyung asks. “We're bored.”

“I don't know.” I shrug, thinking about Key hyung's dramatic reaction when I told him about his roommate.

“Come on, we're just going to hang out, nothing bad. Don't be scared. Besides, I heard Almighty said you were sad earlier. Maybe we can help you relax.” Big hyung says.

“Alright then.” I smile.

“Not fair! Why does Big hyung always convince people easily. It took me forever to get Cutie here to get use to me.”

“Is Cutie my nickname?” I ask him awkwardly.

“I mean, why not?” He asks me.

“Aigoo.” I sigh while shaking my head. He has a funny characteristic.

“Come on, let's go.” Big says and leads us to the dance room.

 

After the two dropped me off at my dorm, they left. They were really nice! I know that they're suppose to be delinquents, but they definitely know how to cheer people up and make things casual. They danced with me, sang crazily, and even make a quick meal for me in the kitchen in the cafeteria...we sort of...picked on the lock and invaded it...hehe...

I slowly open my dorm door and slip in, closing it quietly. It's pass curfew now. Midnight. I sneak into my bed and get on. My mattress creaks a bit, and immediately the light flashes on and I see my roommate next to the door. “Where were you?” He asks me.

I was about to answer, but thinking back on all of the times he ignored me, I lay down and cover my face with the blanket, ignoring him. He pulls the blanket off and looks at me sternly. I sit up and pull the blanket back, rolling my eyes at him. “I asked you a question.”

“Stop acting like you cared and go to sleep. I don't need charity.” I say and lay down, harshly throwing the blanket over my head.

“Do you know how long ago the curfew was? Do you know how dangerous it is for a weak girl to be out-”

“Shut up!” I yell, cutting his sentence off. “Can't you talk to me like a normal person? You don't talk to me usually; you ignore me. Whenever you talk to me, you would tell me off! Do you think I like that? How do you think I feel?” I sit up. “Don't act like you're so high and mighty. Don't act like we're close because we're not! You hate me. I know it. Stop trying to put up an act just to yell at me. If you hate me that much I can just leave okay? J-just stop.” I say loudly, tearing up from both anger and annoyance.

“I never said I hate you.”

“Then what is it? You don't talk to me, you ignore me, you can't even help me go to the infirmary! You hate me.”

“Do you not understand how dangerous rumors are? The minute the news about you and your unnies being BLAME's roommates, they were everywhere! Do you know how dangerous those girls are? They can hurt you. With one slight clue that you and I are getting close they won't let you go. No one. You can't, your unnies can't, and we can't ensure your safety! Do you think it's easy to ignore someone and act rude? I know I'm a delinquent and I have a bad record, it doesn't mean I’m rude. I never hated you and I never wanted you to think I do.” He says with a loud tone, angry himself.

“Y-you...were trying to protect me?” His angry face changes into a confused look and then an awkward one.

“D-don't act like you're important!” He looks down awkwardly. “I just want to prevent the school from being any more dramatic than it is now. J-just go to bed.” He waves his hand aside ending the conversation. I can't stop smiling. All this time I thought my roommate hated me. A week. One week of total loneliness and suffering...turns out, he was only trying to protect me, keep me safe.

He turns off the lights and climbs into his bed. I lay down on mines with the smile still spread across my face. I can feel butterflies in my stomach. My heart is beating rapidly and I can feel a heavy weight off my chest. I am finally going to have a carefree sleep. I'm glad you don't hate me Hyun Ki. Eternity, I don't hate you either. I hope we will be great friends...One day.

 

I stared school on the 27th...boo hoo!

Comment please~ ^_^ See you next update!