Soccer

I Like Him Because He's Gay, He Loves Me Because I'm Lesbian

 

 

Chapter Thirteen

Soccer

 

Minho's POV~

 

To be honest, the guys that I am going to meet for soccer are actually people that I already know. I met them not too long ago. I remember getting made at Idiotic Prince for being rude to me and always ignoring me when other girls were around. I changed into my male clothes and left school without notice. I was kicking a ball around in the nearby park and someone kicked a ball toward me. I kicked it back to them and they challenged me to a soccer match. We played a few rounds and ended up talking while playing, getting to know each other. In the end, the guys befriended me and we exchanged numbers. I just happened to bump into them in school today...it's sort of hard to lie to people who already know me, so I ended up acknowledging the fact that I was dressing up as a girl.

Without questioning the reason, they promised to keep my secret and stayed friends with me. Having more people know my secret actually relieves the stress I have. I'm glad I don't have to lie to everyone. “You are so clueless, you know that?” Majesty scolds me. “A flimsy girl playing against a bunch of boys...do you know how much trouble you could get yourself into!? I swear, girls think they know everything about guys. The minute they are a bit nice to you, you assume they are actually good people. It's you against a bunch of boys. If anything were to happen, then what would you do? You'll just end up having them take advantage of you and ruin your life.”

“Geesh Idiot, for a moment there, I thought you actually cared for me.”

“Pfft! Please, do you think being my roommate will get me to care for you? Even if my life depended on it I wouldn't care for you. I am doing this because I don't want you to run back crying on my shoulder asking me to keep your dirty secret.”

“Please, even if you are here now, you can't help me. Did you forget who beat who in the wrestling matches in our room?” I smirk.

“Huh!” He scoffs. “Those wins of yours were because of my generosity. I don't want you to feel bad about yourself. Girls, thinking they can beat guys. You only beat guys because they are going easy on you and let you feel like you are stronger than them!”

“Oh? So you're saying that you were being nice to me?”

“No, I am saying that I was going easy on you those times.”

“Like I'll believe that.”

“You'll see. One day I won't go easy on you and then you'll sure regret it.”

“You're bluffing.”

“Am not!”

“You sound so much like a baby right now.” I mehrong him.

“I won't fight with you anymore. It wastes my breath.”

“More like you can't think of a better comeback,” I say under my breath.

“Min!” Yunho hyung yells as Nichkhun hyung, Changmin hyung, Kyuhyun hyung, Leeteuk hyung, Donghae hyung, Eunhyuk hyung, Siwon hyung, Kai, Sehun, and Hyunwoo wave (A/N: pretend that they are all around the same age almost. If they are Minho's hyung, they are like Seniors and younger ones are Taemin's level). I wave back and run toward them, making idiotic Prince chase after me. I jump into the crowd and Kyuhyun hyung and Donghae hyung put their arms on my shoulder.

 

Majesty's POV~

 

This chick doesn't know what's right from wrong. These men are clearly drooling over her! Dame the hormonal adolescent teenagers! I nearly growl at the sight of two guys wrapping their arms on her. I stretch forward and grab her, pulling he closer to me and place my arm on her shoulder instead. “Who's this?” One of the guys ask.

“Don't mind him,” my roommate says and shrugs me off. I hear some of them chuckle as I gawk at her. I scoff and fold my arms, standing where I was rejected. The teams are then split up with Minjung as the umm the person who scores goals and I am the...I really don't know. I am not a fan of soccer and I have no idea what the rules are or anything like that. I legit just came because she mentioned it and I wasn't planning to let her go play with a bunch of guys unattended. I can't believe I lied and said I was good...Man, am I going to embarrass myself or what?

 

Throughout the first hour, I kept getting screamed at by “stay at your position!” “why didn't you get that?” “do you know how to play soccer or what?” “you could have got that!” “handball!” and so on. Man, I don't understand what I am doing and neither do I care. The whole time I just had my eye on her, making sure no one was too close to her or hurt her. I legit ran in front of her a few times and tackled some guys to the ground, grabbed some back as they approached her, and even pushed them out of her way. Yeah, I got a few bruises and stomps on my foot from interfering, but oh well...

“Let's take a quick water break!” One of them yell as the others agree. They all jog to the water fountain as I lay on the ground, breathless, hurt, and exhausted. All of the strain on my muscles, all the stomping, all of the pushing, and all of the kicking finally hit me after a minute of lying down. My body hurts...everywhere.

 

Minho's POV~

 

I exchange high fives and pat on the backs with my hyungs and dongsaengs. I rush forward to the fountain and swallow as much water as I can. I pant as I step away from the fountain and sit walk toward the playing area. I look at my roommate who is laying on the ground, sweating, panting, and groaning. Since he ran in front of the guys when they were running, he got stomped on by cleats multiple times. He also suffered getting tackled onto the ground a few times and getting knocked to the ground. I have no idea what is going through his head, but I hope he doesn't think that he is the one hurting them...He's been beaten up by them in the game pretty badly. I thought he said he was good...I guess he was just bluffing, like he always does. But why? Why did he decide to go play soccer if he... at it?

“Minho hyung, why is your roommate so weird?” Sehun asks me.

“Yeah, he said he's good, but here he is jumping in front of everyone and mixing up the positions...” Hyunwoo agrees.

“Can I be goalie instead of him? He can't seem to understand that his job is to protect the goal or something,” Kai sighs.

“No, it's okay. It's about time for us to leave anyways.”

“Why so soon?” Changmin hyung asks.

“I thought you have another hour until your next class,” Leeteuk hyung points out.

“I do, but I just remembered that I forgot to do one of my assignments for chemistry and my roommate is in the class too,” I lie.

“I see, well good luck. Try not to forget next time,” Siwon hyung pats me on the back.

“Are you sure your roommate can even move right now?” Eunhyuk hyung chuckles. I look over at my half dead roommate.

“I think he'll manage,” I smile.

“Don't have too much fun without us!” Nichkhun hyung smiles.

“Bye!” We wave and I head over to my roommate.

“Get up,” I say.

“Aww man the game's starting again?” He gasps.

“No, we're leaving.”

“Why so soon? Class doesn't start until a while later.”

“It's too hot out here isn't it? Let's head to the school cafe and get a drink or something.”

“Sure,” he says and groans as he gets up. He limps toward me and I bend down. “Whatcha doing?”

“I'll carry you.”

“No way! I can't let a girl carry me! I'm not injured or anything.”

“From the way you are limping, I'm sure you aren't in a good condition.”

“Shut up,” he huffs and gets on my back. I get up with ease and carry him all the way to our dorm. “Why are you heading to our room? The cafe's on the other side.”

“I know, but are you planning to stink up the whole cafe? Let's shower first and head over there later.”

“Fine.”

 

I drop him on his bed and stare at his face. He's sleeping. He must have fallen asleep when I was walking. The distance from the field to our room is a very long distance. I help him take off his sneakers. Immediately, the smell hits me, but I try not to cough. His socks are muddy and still moist from all of the sweating. I take off his socks and look at the cuts and bruised up places on his toes and feet. Cleats are no joke. I knew he was in no condition to walk.

I frown and wet a towel, bringing it over to him. I sit on the floor and clean his feet as gently as I can, trying to not wake him up. I think back to the game and wonder what was going through his mind back there. His face was so serious and he acted so fidgety. Every time I was kicking the ball, he would somehow end up near me and getting in the way of the people around me although he was the goalie and shouldn't be on my side of the field. Was he trying to protect me? I mean, I am a “girl” after all. Maybe he didn't want me to get hurt or touched by them? No way, who am I kidding? The Idiotic Prince isn't capable of being that considerate...

I apply some medicine on his cuts and put a Band-Aid on the ones that were big enough. He's so smelly right now, but I don't want to wake him up. He doesn't need to wake up just yet. It takes him about fifteen minutes to shower, so I guess I'll wake him up in a half an hour. If anything...we can just skip next class. Choi Minho, what are you thinking?! I guess being near a delinquent almost 24/7 really affects you, huh?