Friends

Chocolate Love

As they stepped out, Seungho called his driver and they went into the car. Before she can take any of the bags, he took all of them and gestured for her to go into the car. Once they were inside, she turned to him “I’m supposed to do this type of things since you are my boss.” Seungho was being a gentleman, sweet and kind to her. It was fine when they were friends. In fact, she enjoys his company. But now that he is her boss, she expected him to be more professional about it. “You are my bodyguard, not my maid.” They left the conversation at that, absorbed in their thoughts once more. The car went across a bumpy road and as it makes an abrupt turn to the right Sumi slide right into Seungho’s lap.

As she moved away from him quickly, he chuckled “You should eat more. How can you be so light?” she ignored his teasing and look out at the window. “The only thing that has changed is that you are my bodyguard. You are still my friend.” As if reading her mind he said this in a firm tone. She nodded meekly, her thoughts going back to the chocolate shop. I miss that place already and it’s just one day… she sighing unconsciously “What’s wrong?” he inched closer to her “I just miss the shop.” She admitted to him. “Can you drive us to the usual place?” without a word the driver nodded and Sumi recognised the streets. They were near her house, and her eyes light up when it stopped right in front of the shop.

Sumi walked in, breathing in the scent of chocolate and closing her eyes contently. They sat at his usual table and ordered their drinks. “I always came to this shop when I was young. I loved the sweets here, and whenever it is Friday I would spent my allowance or a sweet or two.” Her eyes lit up as she chatted on, and Seungho placed his hand under his chin, smiling at her adorable expression. They got up to leave after staying there for a while and as they reached home, he noticed the bruise on her arm. Lifting it up gently, he looked back and forth between her face and the arm “How did you get this?” she found herself lost in his eyes before she get out of her daze and reply. “I nearly got knocked down by a car and scraped my arm against it.” Pulling her to the sofa, he applied medicine to the bruise. “Just in case of infection.” He left her sitting there, closing the door with a quiet click. She went back into her room with the bag and unpacked everything, feeling happy. This room is bigger than her room, and she loves the view outside as well. Her window faces the city, and when it is at night the city lights would shine brightly like stars.

She noticed the piece of paper on the table and picked it up. I should thank the stranger for helping me yesterday. Someone answered the call and she glanced at the paper before asking cautiously “Is this Joon?” after introducing herself, she told him that she is fine now and thanked him once again. She was about to hang up when he called her name. “How about having lunch together tomorrow? You can treat me lunch to thank me.” She was flustered at his request. This was the first time a guy had being so straightforward about his feelings, and she doesn’t know him well yet. “I’m afraid I can’t…you see, my job requires me to be around my boss 24/7” she replied honestly. There was a sigh and she apologized to him, promising that she would do something for him when it is possible. They talked a bit more about their jobs, before hanging up.

“Joon’s really nice. I hope we can become friends.”